ArenaJunkies.com Vs. Blizzard Devs (Rated BG)

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
everyone has their own opinion on the matter & only time will tell. Lets leave it at that
43 Gnome Warlock
Wow.

So someone makes a valid point and they get trolled by several people going "you mad bro" when they themselves made almost identical, yet opposite, rants. That's not ironic at all...

Also, the only people who are deluding themselves about 'skill' is you guys. Most people just play bgs for fun. FUN...you know...that thing people sometimes like to have. Yes, there are the 'sepherothxxx' of the world, but they make up a minority. Not everyone filters everything through the prism of "skill." Hell, in BC, I got my gear and then just did bgs....not having to deal with people obsessed with the relative skills of everyone was much more enjoyable
90 Worgen Rogue
there are enough people who got caried to there title in arena and good pvpers who don't do arena that i don't think your going to see this amazing domanince in rated bgs that everyone thinks is going to happen.

a good pvper is a good pvper no matter what venuie they choose to play in.

on a side note. the AJ team could have won that alot faster if the did a 10 man flag run killing the carrirer on the way back.
Edited by Samhayn on 11/16/2010 8:14 PM PST
43 Gnome Warlock
That kind of feeds into the whole point about BG heroes, honestly

How does being able to get rated arena gear and then choosing not to play it any more feed into that?
85 Blood Elf Mage
lol the speed hack looked so funny
85 Goblin Death Knight
BG heroes are almost invariably subject to some strange delusion that they're actually master tacticians and incredibly good PVPers who are just misunderstood or penalized for not liking arena. Arena is for scrubs who think dueling makes them good and the BG hero hates arena for this, certainly not because the only time he tried it he got rolled at a 1k MMR going 0-10 as some fotm 2s or 3s comp.

Because it isn't possible that someone could not like Arena simply because they don't like that *pvp in a box and pillar hump* playstyle, right?

I played arena back in bc and didn't like it, it's more of a class vs class then skill vs skill. WoW is a rock, paper, scissor game and if you don't believe it then not sure what to tell you.

I also played arena's again in wotlk to see if anything had changed but again it hadn't.

I personally enjoy the bg playstyle alot more then arena's.

I think fighting on an open field without using LoS and other cheap tactics will really prove how *skilled* you are at pvp.

If you need a pillar to help you win then you really have no skill at all.
Edited by Necrophobia on 11/16/2010 9:42 PM PST

Also, I had an even bigger chuckle at the priest talking about the only premade they lost to was PVE raid people who "had more life than our wrathful gear". It was hilarious to me, because this patch, those people still had "ilvl 277/284" gear, but you had furious gear. Let alone the free wrathful Blizzard just gave you.

Amazing read guys!

Actually you probably saw me in my 264 Raid Gear which coincidentally looks nothing like Furious; I logged out in that.

As you can see now, I'm in full Wrathful including shoulders which cannot be bought from the vendors. My highest rating was a Rogue/RestoSham/SPriest 3s team that hit 2159. I've also earned Rank 13 in the old days and broken a minimum of 2k every season as Shadow spec. If you would have actually done some research you would have seen that I made at least 2k this season in my achievements section coupled with my having every PvP achievement except the Arena Trinket from Gurubashi and various Arena achievements. I'm not some random person spouting nonsense, just a six year veteran of the game who enjoys PvP.

You shouldn't judge other by their appearance and your preconceptions. I look forward to your response admitting how wrong you were. Thank you for posting. <3

But not because they're good at playing in a sandbox, they'll do well because they know how to adapt.

Not negating anything you're saying but adapting for most Arena players is rerolling or respeccing to the new FOTM comps. By having larger teams like 10s and 15s, there will be less FOTM and more focus on teamwork versus global'ing someone.

49 Night Elf Warrior
Seriously, does nobody realize how ridiculous it is that a guy claiming he would have gotten Rival if he had gotten to play the entire season is claiming to be "awful at PvP" just to make a point?

It seems like a lot of nerds on these forums need to take a statistics class, and actually pay attention to it. Top 10% of ANYTHING is hardly considered bad. There is this... just hilariously stupid notion that anyone below the top 5% is terrible. Do you honestly believe that being better than literally 90% of other people participating at something makes you bad?

Your life is going to be sad, from the inside looking out when you grow up.

It'll be pretty funny from the outside looking in, though.
[quote]Then we can make threads about how the Arena Junkies players are nothing but "HTML heroes". Amirte!?

I lol'ed.

38 Human Warrior
Bad players will continue to be bad. This includes most of the BG heroes.

Good players will continue to be good. This includes most of the non fotm Glads.

In short, the venue may change, the results will not.

Canned responses are exactly that. Canned. Inflating your already inflated ego serves no purpose. Not all Arena players are good, not all BG players are bad. Personal bias, however, is almost always self-serving.
80 Tauren Shaman
This went from Arena Junkies Vs. Blizzard Devs to an I am better then you thread.

/popcorn

Please go on.
38 Human Warrior
BG heroes are almost invariably subject to some strange delusion that they're actually master tacticians and incredibly good PVPers who are just misunderstood or penalized for not liking arena. Arena is for scrubs who think dueling makes them good and the BG hero hates arena for this, certainly not because the only time he tried it he got rolled at a 1k MMR going 0-10 as some fotm 2s or 3s comp.

Because it isn't possible that someone could not like Arena simply because they don't like that *pvp in a box and pillar hump* playstyle, right?

I played arena back in bc and didn't like it, it's more of a class vs class then skill vs skill. WoW is a rock, paper, scissor game and if you don't believe it then not sure what to tell you.

I also played arena's again in wotlk to see if anything had changed but again it hadn't.

I personally enjoy the bg playstyle alot more then arena's.

I think fighting on an open field without using LoS and other cheap tactics will really prove how *skilled* you are at pvp.

If you need a pillar to help you win then you really have no skill at all.

Again, proving my point.

When you make a point, outside of spouting your own opinions, then you can claim someone proved it correct.
85 Human Death Knight
PUG
For people saying they see Arena Players fail in bgs, the difference between a Challenger and a Gladiator is usually immense, particularly if you're talking BG9. They can't even be considered in the same class. Same goes for Rivals and Arena Masters; those are ratings where you still see people making horrific mistakes.

If I played a game against 10 Multi-season Gladiators like Nadagast I would @%@! myself, so credit to the devs for taking it on the chin.

Players in high end arena are successful because they adapt quickly, both in terms of specs/comps and playstyle. If you don't think there are going to be certain comps that are better in rated bgs than other comps you are completely wrong.

On one hand I would like to see Blizz pay more attention to the high end pvp community and take some real input from these players to heart because they clearly have an insight into the game that the devs do not, but on the other hand I empathize with their reluctance to do so. Reading the various battlegroup forums on AJ should give you an idea of why you may not want to work with these people. They can be every bit as horrible as the trolls on the official forums, except it's no longer anonymous (LOL U R RATED 2700??? I AM 2900 U R A TERRIBAD LOOK FORWARD TO FARMING AND /SOILING ON U).
Edited by Averdys on 11/17/2010 10:17 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]