Kicked from randoms with no explanation

Title explains most of it, the first time it happened i shrugged it off as random but it's happened 3 times in a row now. It only happens when I q as DPS and zone in as Ret.

Any idea why this might be happening? Nobody says anything, I buff then before the first mob is pulled i get the "you have been removed from the group" message.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
they're jealous of your tabard
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Likely just bad luck with stupid party members if you're getting kicked before you have the chance to even do anything wrong. Don't pay it any attention.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've noticed that there are people who just use the ability to Vote Kick on everybody they can until somebody gets kicked from the group. I don't think they're doing it for any reason other than to see if somebody gets kicked, and they get all giggly for ruining a guy's dungeon queue.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
Ive never been kicked without reason on any of my toons and i have seen it i think once

if you are having this happen frequently to you there is probably a reason
Reply Quote
Yea, like I said, the first time I just figured it was some random thing, but after 3 in a row i was kinda O.o

What you said makes sense though, matuk.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Isn't there supposed to be a thing where if you get kicked often you become harder to kick? I don't know... maybe see if a GM can provide any insight? *shrugs*

Maybe they're just bitter because you could be a tank or healer and you're not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Ive never been kicked without reason on any of my toons and i have seen it i think once

if you are having this happen frequently to you there is probably a reason

That's how it works at 80.

I've only noticed the problem I mentioned at lowbie levels, while leveling my alts. When I see a random vote kick and have no reason to want the guy gone, I say no. But I don't think everybody follows that logic.
Edited by Matuk on 11/14/2010 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Because the intelligence of the player base improves with their levels. Riiight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Because the intelligence of the player base improves with their levels. Riiight.

No, because people at 80 hate dealing with bull!%#*. They wouldn't vote-kick somebody and be forced to wait for a replacement for !%#*s and giggles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No, because people at 80 hate dealing with bull!%#*. They wouldn't vote-kick somebody and be forced to wait for a replacement for !%#*s and giggles.

You give people way too much credit.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
We all group up with idiots sometimes, it happens.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
idiots=people who dont want to hold your hand and chat about stupid @#*! while doing dungeons cuz they are likely on skype with their friends talking about how annoying you are and praising the new dungeon kick system

Idiots such as this gem of a player right here.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This really belongs in general, but I'll chime in anyways.

IIRC they've made it so that it's harder to kick people if you make a habit of initiating or agreeing to vote kick someone quite often. If I'm right on that, it'll eventually come back to bite them in the ass when they do get the god awful healer or tank and the system refuses to let them kick because they had fun abusing the system. Then again, that fix may not have made it in game (I've never really had an issue with getting vote kicked - only time it happened was when I was on the my druid, dungeon queue popped while doing the Argent Daily to kill the Kraken. Group got butthurt that I wasn't in the instance ASAP, never mind the fact that you can't teleport while on the hippogryph for that quest).

Now I've kicked plenty of AFK players, bads (I actually give them a couple of chances, if they don't show any sign of improving after 3+ wipes, I'll kick them - wipes where they are at fault mind you) and douche players (I've sat in queue for 23m once, got a douche tank that felt that his role entitled him to that attitude, needless to say me and two others had now issue kicking his ass and waiting about 8m for a new tank).

So either the OP just had terrible luck on getting players that enjoying griefing others.

or

He just had bad luck getting into groups where a majority of the people in them had a bad experience with a ninja enchanter who needed on gear to level enchanting.
Reply Quote
Don't forget to run your character through the waterfall in wetlands every so often. All the sweaty Clothes start to work up a stench after plenty of dungeon runs!

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
douche players (I've sat in queue for 23m once, got a douche tank that felt that his role entitled him to that attitude, needless to say me and two others had now issue kicking his ass and waiting about 8m for a new tank).

At least you haven't run into the following situation:

Doing H UP, the tank doesn't taunt Skadi during Whirlwind, who moves right to the healer keeping everybody alive - healer obviously can't move, or else the group will die.

Boss goes down, but the healer died from the whirlwind.

Healer and me pointed out to the tank that he should have taunted, then apparently a vote kick passes to kick first the healer then me.

The vote kick system doesn't work when your group has 3 or more bads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]