Kicked from randoms with no explanation

87 Gnome Warlock
douche players (I've sat in queue for 23m once, got a douche tank that felt that his role entitled him to that attitude, needless to say me and two others had now issue kicking his ass and waiting about 8m for a new tank).

At least you haven't run into the following situation:

Doing H UP, the tank doesn't taunt Skadi during Whirlwind, who moves right to the healer keeping everybody alive - healer obviously can't move, or else the group will die.

Boss goes down, but the healer died from the whirlwind.

Healer and me pointed out to the tank that he should have taunted, then apparently a vote kick passes to kick first the healer then me.

The vote kick system doesn't work when your group has 3 or more bads.

so much this.

especially this fight, its so easy but so many tanks are clueless about it, and insist on tanking him on top of the healer.

also relic in FOS, too many stupid dps who won't interupt.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe they could start by fixing the votekick feature.

EDIT:

After reading a bit, there's also a symptom of idiocy being shown here, which is people thinking that whoever is the tank is entitled to doing and saying whatever the hell he likes. I'm hoping the changes to tanking, which will make gearing easier, will make tanks more common, hence make people realize tanks aren't special snowflakes.
Edited by Stoutfist on 11/15/2010 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
A few months ago I was in a group complaining that I was doing poor dps on my frost mage in Utgarde Keep. The amusing thing is I was actually tops in dps and more than double the lowest dps.They kicked me right before the last boss. I realized later that three of them were in the same guild - including the tank and the other two dps.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Maybe they could start by fixing the votekick feature.

EDIT:

After reading a bit, there's also a symptom of idiocy being shown here, which is people thinking that whoever is the tank is entitled to doing and saying whatever the hell he likes. I'm hoping the changes to tanking, which will make gearing easier, will make tanks more common, hence make people realize tanks aren't special snowflakes.

Agreed. Not to make this an anti-tank rant but I've had quite a few tanks who unilaterally decided to skip bosses when everyone else in the group wanted to do them. The tank and the healer got into an argument when the tank started bypassing Novos and Dred. The healer refused to heal and pulled Dred anyway. One dps dropped group, then the healer refused to allow a re-queue. One dps sided with the tank, and I sided with the healer so they couldn't kick him. The tank then told me to heal (note he didn't ask) and I refused also. I think the whole affair took about an hour and a half, during which time we could have easily killed the other 2 bosses.

Truthfully, I don't think this sort of conduct is unique to tanks, it is just that it is more noticable when the tank does it due to the tank shortage and the fact that the tank tends to physically lead the way.
Reply Quote
others probably wore plate, and wanted the loots
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
douche players (I've sat in queue for 23m once, got a douche tank that felt that his role entitled him to that attitude, needless to say me and two others had now issue kicking his ass and waiting about 8m for a new tank).

At least you haven't run into the following situation:

Doing H UP, the tank doesn't taunt Skadi during Whirlwind, who moves right to the healer keeping everybody alive - healer obviously can't move, or else the group will die.

Boss goes down, but the healer died from the whirlwind.

Healer and me pointed out to the tank that he should have taunted, then apparently a vote kick passes to kick first the healer then me.

The vote kick system doesn't work when your group has 3 or more bads.

so much this.

especially this fight, its so easy but so many tanks are clueless about it, and insist on tanking him on top of the healer.

also relic in FOS, too many stupid dps who won't interupt.

It was so retarded. All I pointed out was that the boss is tauntable during whirlwind, and the tank clearly didn't do it.

The DK dps was like "All I hear is nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd"

And frankly, I don't even know how to respond to that, in a game where the more nerd you are, the more skilled you are.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I question the logic behind letting people kick before anything gets pulled. If I were designing the LFG system, I'd put a minimum of five minutes to a maximum of 10 minutes before vote kick can be utilized. If you're new or have a habit of kicking more people than the average player, you get to wait 10m if you want to kick someone. Five minutes goes to peeps who aren't asses and make effective use of kicking by saving it for times that warrant a vote kick.

I'd also have the option to vote kick turn off 30 seconds after the second to last boss dies. It's a douche thing to kick someone right before the last boss, and if it was warranted, one would have done it before pulling the final boss anyways. If you wipe, on the final boss it'll turn back on for 2m, so that if a kick is needed it can be done (I know some groups end up getting a new person for the final boss and it happens for various reasons).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]