WSG Flag return

85 Human Death Knight
The way you return the flag in wsg is really bad. It's basically kill the fc and click in his general area as much as you can until you're lucky enough to be the first to get to it.
I say a flag return needs a little bar at the bottom like at Arathi Basin. At least 3 seconds.
That way, the team with the better strategy and better players will get it, rather than the team with the faster clickers and faster internet connections.
Edited by Tombarry on 11/15/2010 6:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The way you return the flag in wsg is really bad. It's basically kill the fc and click in his general area as much as you can until you're lucky enough to be the first to get to it.
I say a flag return needs a little bar at the bottom like at Arathi Basin. At least 3 seconds.
That way, the team with the better strategy and better players will get it, rather than the team with the faster clickers and faster internet connections.

You do realize that 3 seconds on a flag capture would effectively make returning the flag almost impossible 90% of the time...In fact, it's already hard enough to kill a carrier when both sides are good...Having said that, the only way I'd see this timer working is if you can't be interrupted during the timer but even then, the proposition seems kind of pointless.
Reply Quote
Those of us who are familiar with wsg understand that if you want credit for a flag return you should be clicking before the efc dies. If you're worried about ping, then you must surely see that a 3second(or any length) interruptible cast would hurt a high lat player far more than a low lat player.
Reply Quote
Charax Pro-Tip #78:

When enemies are in the vicinity of an EFC that is close to dying, apply an AoE that CC's and/or pushes enemies away. This virtually guarantees a return for the good guys.

C
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Somebody got outclicked.
Reply Quote
So you (as a high lat player) are not concerned with returning the flag, but simply proposing this fix so that nobody else can pick it up? Hmmm.

This is what I'm hearing.
"I have high lat, and therefore am at a disadvantage when I need to click to either pick up a dropped flag or return a dropped flag"

Fair enough. But the solution you propose would be horribly unbalanced. If a flag is dropped, and you are attempting to return it, all you need to do would be to aoe on the flag area until the timer expires and it gets auto returned.

If you're trying to pick up a flag that was dropped by a fallen team mate and need 3 seconds of no damage, it's going to be next to impossible to get it. As a rogue all I would have to do is kill efc and fok on the flag till it auto returns.

Tldr the current method is the best for many reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love when you go for the click as the runner dies, and its a sideways flag so you miss the click and someone else, whether it be your team or the other gets it before you.

Make the click box an actual box instead of a 2d rectangle imo.
Edited by Munney on 11/15/2010 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
So you (as a high lat player) are not concerned with returning the flag, but simply proposing this fix so that nobody else can pick it up? Hmmm.

This is what I'm hearing.
"I have high lat, and therefore am at a disadvantage when I need to click to either pick up a dropped flag or return a dropped flag"

Fair enough. But the solution you propose would be horribly unbalanced. If a flag is dropped, and you are attempting to return it, all you need to do would be to aoe on the flag area until the timer expires and it gets auto returned.

If you're trying to pick up a flag that was dropped by a fallen team mate and need 3 seconds of no damage, it's going to be next to impossible to get it. As a rogue all I would have to do is kill efc and fok on the flag till it auto returns.

Tldr the current method is the best for many reasons.

I never said I have high lat, but those who do are still a disadvantage. But I digress from that.
But people do the same thing when fighting over a base in arathi basin and EoS; It's the better players that get rid of the other team long enough to cap it. Simply lose the reset timer or make it longer. And maybe not quitea 3 second cap. I was just giving a number there.
Edited by Tombarry on 11/15/2010 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
19 Tauren Shaman
l2scroll click
Reply Quote
46 Tauren Hunter
Don't tell the baddies about that Purj >.> That's information is twink restricted.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The flag is mine if you try to click it I'll Hammer of Wrath you!
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
l2 outclick people that scrollclick

-hbotz btw
Edited by Rales on 11/15/2010 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
46 Tauren Hunter
Don't tell the baddies about that Purj >.> That's information is twink restricted.

Because we all know twinks are the most knowledgeable players in the game. rofl

When it comes to WSG most twinks know quite a bit more than end gamers. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]