Word of Glory Vs SotR

100 Human Paladin
Oh, and don't forget that ShoR has a very high crit rate, and WoG's crit rate is your base crit. I average about a 64% crit rate with ShoR.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
That was beautiful. Marry me?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Oh, and don't forget that ShoR has a very high crit rate, and WoG's crit rate is your base crit. I average about a 64% crit rate with ShoR.

ShoR's base crit chance is 50% due to Sacred Duty procs. Add that with your current crit chance, say around 5% (mine is lower but for the sake of argument). That adds up to 55% not 64%. I don't think you have a 14% chance to crit.

That aside there is no real reason to use ShoR after you have a nice threat lead. WoGs heal and overheal shield (2/2 GbtL) is crazy good right now.
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
That aside there is no real reason to use ShoR after you have a nice threat lead. WoGs heal and overheal shield (2/2 GbtL) is crazy good right now.

well besides the $%^ load of of raw damage it does.

fights aren't always heal limited
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

well besides the $%^ load of of raw damage it does.

fights aren't always heal limited

Doesn't change the fact that WoG's shield is wicked. For the most part you should be starting a fight with ShoRs and after you get that threat lead switch to using WoG because of its shield. If your threat lead starts to dwindle then by all means throw in some nice ShoRs. During burn phases of a fight by all means use ShoR instead. The fact I can take less damage then my OT on Marrowgar because of WoG is nuts.

Disclaimer:
If you are still learning how to tank well and have GENERAL threat issues you shouldn't be WoG spamming.
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
you don't seem to be excited by raw damage.

have you been eating vegetables?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you don't seem to be excited by raw damage.

have you been eating vegetables?

Don't get me wrong, I love raw damage. But I also love being able to take very little damage. I am not exactly saying ONLY spam WoG after you have a threat lead. If you are getting close to a phase push of obviously you should be switching to ShoR. If you know big damage is going to be coming you should be switch to WoG. The short version of it is there is no exact reason to favor ShoR over WoG after you have a threat lead, you need to take it in stride.
I consider knowing when to use WoG over ShoR and vice-versa a sign of a good tank.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

ShoR's base crit chance is 50% due to Sacred Duty procs. Add that with your current crit chance, say around 5% (mine is lower but for the sake of argument). That adds up to 55% not 64%. I don't think you have a 14% chance to crit.

That's what my combat log says.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

That's what my combat log says.

Your combat log is incorrect. It isn't possible for ShoR to have a 64% crit chance with only 5% character crit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Your combat log is incorrect. It isn't possible for ShoR to have a 64% crit chance with only 5% character crit.

Strictly speaking, RNG is, well, RNG. Also, a flat 50 also assumes that WoG is never used. For example, when I stick to it and only use ShotR with an SD proc, excluding parries, I have a 100% crit rate. If you use WoG for most of the HP3s when you don't have an SD proc, then you will have something more than 50% and less than 100%.

Still, I myself have run across having a 64% crit rate with ShotR on the dummy. Over the course of a few days it evens out to 55ish, but it's not uncommon for me to go thorugh encounters with abnormally high crit rates.

It CAN be 64% but saying ShoR is a 64% crit chance is incorrect. It TECHNICALLY is only 55% But RNG is RNG.
Edited by Xayton on 11/18/2010 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]