Druid aoe threat

85 Night Elf Druid
Bare, him like sum HEVY METAL! BARE GOTTA THRASH.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I rarely have trouble with AOE threat, and then only in heroics while rage starved.

Swipe hits like a truck, and will be worth using on single-target fights, in part because it is on a timer.

Thrash will make AOE easier.

But... yeah, dps needs to pay attention to the vengeance mechanic and wait for tank threat to escalate before putting the petal to the metal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
also, one of the big problems i have with my druid tank right now is thorns... why do i need to be yanked out of bear form just to cast thorns on myself? that has to be one the most annoying things for me right now. i hardly use thorns because of it...

I hear ya on this, though in raids I am lucky. I run with my husband who is a boomkin, so he hits me with Thorns before I run in or adds appear.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yeah definitely dps needs to take it easy at first. But since everyone wants to be topdog on the list, its beginning to be a problem. Its either that or they think that they can survive 5 mobs attacking them just because they have plate. Yeah... my 45% dodge says otherwise lol.

Other than that, I found that its actually challenging and fun working out a tank druid rotation and keeping it, other than maul/swipe spam while AOEing... which really got boring and my fingers kept getting owned.

For single target tanking.... wow... EPIC! I can actually PVP in bear now and cause decent damage! :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I hear ya on this, though in raids I am lucky. I run with my husband who is a boomkin, so he hits me with Thorns before I run in or adds appear.

Chicks protecting their man = <3! lol!
Edited by Wookiewalker on 11/19/2010 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
Just curious as to what "aoe" fights you are tanking that you are having issues with?

Icc - Lady D HM, Gunship portal? and uh? Drudges on lk?

if this about tanking trash... I don't even...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]