Error 8: Cataclysm Beta Installation Issue

80 Gnome Warlock
When installing the Cataclysm Beta on my new computer I get this error.

The installer was unable to read the file "world\maps\AhnQiraj\AhnQiraj_26_46_tex1.adt". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\ --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 8.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute)
Edited by Bejiin on 11/17/2010 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
There are reports where the Cataclysm Beta installer will try to look for an old 3.3.5 copy of the retail game, find your updated one and get confused by it. Try renaming your World of Warcraft folder first before installing the beta.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
http://www.surveymk.com/s/H2S6NPZ
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
For some really odd reason, there is no WoW Folder in my Program Files or Program Files(x86)... I renamed my PTR client folder to WoWPTR. Any suggestions on how to find my "Non-existant" folder?
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Will post here tonight if it didn't work.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Datth it didn't work and I still can't find the World of Warcraft folder.
Edited by Bejiin on 11/17/2010 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Okay, I did what you said and this is still happening.

The installer was unable to read the file "world\maps\AhnQiraj\AhnQiraj_26_46_tex1.adt". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\ --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 8.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute)
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Uninstalled WoW and it worked. Now reinstalling retail WoW
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
I'm having the exact same problem. Bejiin. can you tell me what it is that you did so that i may try the same.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Uninstall the Original WoW, Install beta client, reinstall WoW.

Too late now though, Beta is down for good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]