Why do Ret Paladins have the longest ramp up?

85 Tauren Paladin
OK, let me try and clarify a few things i have read in this thread

first:
every classes ramp up time in pve and pvp has increased i believe bliz is using this as a balancing tool

Not every spec has ramp-up.

Destruction Warlocks are pretty much Immolate->CoE-><Insert Pain>
Warriors can be pretty painful off the bat too: BS->DeathWish->Recklessness-><Insert Pain>, and if they save Recklessness for sub 20% + Execute...
Magi have it pretty low on the ramp-up time as well.
DK's are IT->PS for their ramp-up, two GCD's, one of which can be cast at range to "save" a GCD once they get in melee (or DG).

That's just off the top of my head.

second:
yes, hammer of wrath + wings is op on live, but it hits for almost the exact same amount on beta in lvl 85 pvp gear, and thats when people have over 100k hp, and its dispellable and dispels are op atm

It is OP on live, and I wish we had another, more effective way to kill things outside of that AW+HoW window.

third:
ret on the beta is looking good, your not going to be able to 1v2 casters, your not going to be a walking army, but atm no class is, classes are now supposed to fill their role (melee, ranged, healer) in pvp. pvp is looking good in cata.

I do not believe that this is universally true. There are some ranged specs that pretty much dominate melee no matter what. And it's not even what I'd call "skilled" players doing the dominating either.

They've taken away a lot of melee's ability to deal with casters and their snares/slows, etc. but they haven't taken away the spammable nature of the caster's debuffs. Will they? I don't know. Hopefully? As melee, I just want a fighting chance, I do not feel I have that right now. :/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Call me crazy, but I don't think they intend for Seal of Truth to be the PvP seal. I think Jusitce is supposed to fit that bill.

Oh, I know that Justice sucks really hard, but yeah. I don't think they're addressing SoT ramp-up in PvP because they don't see it as a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Affliction would like a word on ramp up time
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Affliction doesn't have to chase around ranged players auto-attacking them 5 times, or rather trying to go through a 13.5s cycle.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Affliction doesn't have to chase around ranged players auto-attacking them 5 times, or rather trying to go through a 13.5s cycle.

Lighten up, and for having such a slow ramp up time how do you manage to be so bursty?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Jessicâalba on 11/12/2010 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
So I played a warrior on beta, I was like Charge>MS for 30k damage on target dummy.
Then I played my ret pally CS(10kcrit)>filler etc etc. TV(for 30k crit).

Both in Full PVP gear. Both setup by Gladiators of each class.

MS=4.5 sec cooldown Templars Verdict. Super Fair blizz

Edit: i hit the quote button lolfail
Edited by Jessicâalba on 11/12/2010 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So I played a warrior on beta, I was like Charge>MS for 30k damage on target dummy.
Then I played my ret pally CS(10kcrit)>filler etc etc. TV(for 30k crit).

MS=4.5 sec cooldown Templars Verdict. Super Fair blizz

Its no secret wars are extremely powerful in beta...whether other classes will be brought up or wars brought down is anyones guess.

I can confirm the 10k crusader strike on live right now I got hit with one, right after a 5k melee swing and a almost 20k HoW that opened on me.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue

Its no secret wars are extremely powerful in beta...whether other classes will be brought up or wars brought down is anyones guess.

I can confirm the 10k crusader strike on live right now I got hit with one, right after a 5k melee swing and a almost 20k HoW that opened on me.

Unfortunately if CS isn't scaling very much between 80-85 then there is something horribly wrong there. At the same time It's been noted that HoW isn't scaling hardly at all for sure between 80-85 and will crit for roughly the same amount (It was nerfed on beta a few patches ago but not on live) and is a fairly weak attack when compared to most caster classes on the beta from what I understand.

The ramp up on ret is pretty awful even on live if you don't consider Wings + HoW which is easily dispelled and if its true, barely scaling at all when we hit 85.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Unfortunately if CS isn't scaling very much between 80-85 then there is something horribly wrong there. At the same time It's been noted that HoW isn't scaling hardly at all for sure between 80-85 and will crit for roughly the same amount (It was nerfed on beta a few patches ago but not on live) and is a fairly weak attack when compared to most caster classes on the beta from what I understand.

The ramp up on ret is pretty awful even on live if you don't consider Wings + HoW which is easily dispelled and if its true, barely scaling at all when we hit 85.

ok so let me understand this...you are saying HoW that is hitting 20k 30 k on live now..does the same at 85..and CS too? well then thats kinda weak if true. Granted 20 on live coupled with 10k in a short amount of time is harsh, but at 85 with high health pools it wouldnt be much.

ever get the feeling there is just to much damage in game now..I kinda miss the old days when you saw a 1000 crit and got excited lol.
Edited by Divademonica on 11/12/2010 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
At least your ramp up can't be stomped by a wand.
At least you have insane WTFPWN burst.

If you're referring to Ele shamans then I could agree with you. However I believe the person you were quoting was enhance and therefore your comment is about 180 degrees in the wrong direction sir =o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
At least your ramp up can't be stomped by a wand.
At least you have insane WTFPWN burst.

well you do too on live..i think 35k in like a few seconds is pretty good lol

Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue

well you do too on live..i think 35k in like a few seconds is pretty good lol

As I said, on live HoW is pretty powerful no doubt. On the Beta from what people are explaining and showing it hardly scales at all and will pretty much be doing the same damage as it does now. A lot of classes have really large burst right now (Arcane mages would love to say hi but they are too busy killing everything in sight)

Things are pretty unbalanced right now and it doesn't seem to be getting balanced too terribly much at the moment so it can't be the basis of things =P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
No I know that live is crazy ...I was just telling him on live right now he can do some wtfpwn burst lol

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Right now, Seal of Truth doesn't apply with abilities, taking 15 seconds or more to reach maximum effect, and that's if it isn't dispelled.

I believe that seal of truth applies sensure (if that's how you spell it) which can't be dispelled, whereas the enh shaman flametounge stacks can be dispelled.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Longest ramp up time in the game? Sorry, I almost fell over laughing. Btw, I play affliction as my main spec. Play an aff lock then cry to me about ramp up time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]