Priest Dispeling

85 Blood Elf Priest
I think that there should be a change to the current dispel mechanics of the priest class.

Currently:

Dispel Magic: Dispels magic on the target, removing 2 harmful spell from a friend or 2 beneficial spell from an enemy.

Cure Disease: Removes 1 disease from the friendly target.

What I would like to see

Cure: Removes 1 magic and disease effect from the friendly target.

Dispel Magic: Dispels 2 beneficial magic effects from an enemy target.

Priests already have a pretty big toolbox and many spells to bind as it is. Yes this is the same number of spells, but in a PvE situation, very rarely are you dispelling more than 1 magic effect, so dispelling 2 off of a friendly player is unnecessary. Having 1 spell to do your defensive dispels would save the healing priests out there a keybind/frustration. I really think this would be the right thing to do with these spells.

This is also a viable solution imo that was in another thread
I think that all healers should be allowed to keep their separate cleansing spells in their spell books, along with the combined one. Then defensive cures could be combined into a single spell but healers would still have the option of using separate, non-combined cures. This would satisfy PvErs while also helping out PvPers. Tying defensive dispel to the other cleanses forces healers to not dispel when they're in bad situations like Aff lock + Rogue beating on them, or Shadow Priest + Rogue eating them alive.
Edited by Eirwenn on 11/12/2010 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
Absolutely not. I very frequently remove more than one magic debuff at a time, especially in PvP, but there's no shortage of this in PvE either. There are stacking magic debuffs where removing two stacks is a boon, and there are trash magic debuffs that aren't worth dispelling until another debuff is also applied.

On top of that, there are still lots of PvE situations where any good priest is dispelling offensively anyway, so this change wouldn't reduce the number of keybinds you use unless you're just choosing not to use the abilities available to you.
Edited by Taym on 11/12/2010 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I agree that something needs to be done with it. Right now I believe that we are the only healer that still has two buttons to dispel.

Paladins and Shamans always only had 1 button for dispels. (Unless you counted the totem in there too.)

Druids had poison and curse but they merged those into one spell. Of course, they were given soothe which is a second button. I'm not sure if that should be counted or not since it is just for enrage effects.
Edited by Alìce on 11/12/2010 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
On top of that, there are still lots of PvE situations where any good priest is dispelling offensively anyway, so this change wouldn't reduce the number of keybinds you use unless you're just choosing not to use the abilities available to you.

The way I see it, we still HAVE the offensive dispel, but healers in a PvE situation hardly ever do that if there's someone else to fill the role. Healers should stick to defensive dispels, let the dps shaman/priests dispel magic effects on the enemies they are already targeting imo.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest
No.

I suspect there are more cases in PvE where you want to remove 2 magical debuffs than there are cases where you want to remove a magical and disease debuff. The only fight I can think of off the top of my head with both magic and disease debuffs at the same time is Yogg, and if people are getting double stacked on debuffs regularly on that fight, something is wrong. There are a lot more cases where a priests ability to better manage a stacking debuff with the double dispel is useful.

As far as I can tell, this "solution" is an effective nerf whose only benefit is lazy* PvE priests can take a button off of their bars.

*Good PvE priests will still have the offensive dispel hotkeyed for when it's needed.
Edited by Phee on 11/12/2010 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No.

On a side note, I love dispelling Devouring Plague without risking a Dispel on Vampiric Touch and getting myself abused.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
No.

On a side note, I love dispelling Devouring Plague without risking a Dispel on Vampiric Touch and getting myself abused.

This.

I might be interested in a mass disease dispel though, called Panacea. :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
If I could get a puddle on the ground that pulsed dispels, I might sympathize. Since I don't have a "drop and forget it smart widget" I don't.

...okay, actually I do sympathize. But I still want my Panacea. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Agreeeeeeed.. They deff shouldn't merge the spells.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
In before "Chain Dispel" for Shamans.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Can they please put spellsteal and decurse on the same button called Mage Magic which Decurses the mage while stealing buffs from the enemy player also?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]