RAF & Recruitment Does NOT Belong Here (FAQ)

(Sticky)

90 Human Warlock
Bumped & reported for sticky.
Reply Quote
Why would anyone pray on a truely new player when you can just RaF yourself and 2 box if it's that serious? Just a thought..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 3:53 PMPosted by Khamand
Why would anyone pray on a truely new player when you can just RaF yourself and 2 box if it's that serious? Just a thought..

This is like trying to ask why people are stupid.

They just are.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Hunter
Bump
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/08/2010 10:00 AMPosted by Nok
Bump

No, you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bumpity
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Hunter
Almost a month now.

Needs a little bump.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
This really needs to get stickied...
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Paladin
Prot moo fist bump!

Up-vote the main post, peeps :D
Reply Quote
BEHOLD! ! !

For this is the truly epic bumpy

/vote sticky
/liked
/bow down
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Hunter
There we go...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Huzzah for sticky
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yay sticky! :D
Reply Quote
Holy sticky storm, Batman.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Mage
11/16/2010 06:21 AMPosted by Cerylia
If Blizzard wanted RaF threads

Whats a RaF thread?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/01/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Riuko
Whats a RaF thread?

Recruit A Friend thread
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
A. Because rerolls and "LF leveling partner" posts are deemed recruitment threads, and recruitment threads do not belong here. They belong in the realm forums or the guild recruitment forums.

So, say, you are on a trial. Trial accounts can post here, but not to the recruitment forums. How do you suggest that people on trial look for players? In-game messaging methods are heavily restricted, and there are only a few forums where trial accounts can post. So how does a new player on trial go about looking for people to level up with without breaking these rules?

You can't recruit anyone with RAF if you have a trial account, so that point is moot.

Upgrade to the full game, wait the 72 hours for the restrictions to be lifted, THEN look for a leveling partner on your server. It's pointless before you have a full account because the trial's level cap is 20, which is easy to reach on your own, and there are grouping restrictions on trial accounts.

Just because someone has a trial account doesn't mean they're a special snowflake that gets to spam this forum. We also have a list of veterans that can help out newbies in our "Giving Back" thread, so they really wouldn't need to make a leveling partner post here in the first place.
Edited by Icedragon on 4/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not on trial myself, and my trial restrictions got lifted very quickly (possibly because this is not my first account and I don't have any history), but what sense does it make to completely prevent new players on trial from looking for people to play with? I would be interested in playing with them myself, but since they can't post here, where should I tune in to hear their calls?

Those threads are considered spam if they're in this forum. Period. It does not matter who posts them or what type of account they have. Spam is spam and will be removed. I saw you hijacked someone else's thread with a LF Leveling Partner post, and you should know by now that they're not allowed in this forum. You're not a special snowflake that gets to make recruitment posts here.

04/06/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Allene
I would expect that someone on trial should actually BE able to post an 'LF leveling partner" somewhere in the forums.

What you're expecting isn't possible. Players on a trial account can ask people around them (immediate area, like with /say) for help when leveling. Before they upgrade their account, that's it. Trial accounts can only post in the Customer Service and Newbie forum, neither of which allow recruitment threads.

Once they're on a full account, they have the same options as everyone else, none of which include posting a recruitment thread in this forum.
Edited by Icedragon on 4/6/2011 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]