RAF & Recruitment Does NOT Belong Here (FAQ)

(Sticky)

85 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Allene
Icedragon... I'm not having trouble understanding the current rules, I am questioning their sense... There's no need to repeat them over and over, I read the original post...

Sense? If you read the first post you would have seen the sense. Instead, I'll re-iterate.

The old version of this forum was flooded with RAF and leveling partner posts. You couldn't read the questions people had because you had to sift through the crap to even find one. Questions were shoved off the front page without being answered because people wanted to find leveling and RAF partners.

"But those threads were newbies looking for someone to level with!" Bullcrap, no they weren't. It was a bunch of veterans who wanted to poach newbies for RAF benefits, then leave the new player high and dry. The reroll groups and guilds never made it off the ground. The threads were trash.

The regulars were sick of it. We asked the moderators for help, and the moderators purged the forum of every RAF, recruitment, and leveling partner thread. They also actively deleted any new ones that showed up so that the forum could function properly and serve its intended purpose. This identical thread was stickied there so that people would be warned about where to place their RAF/recruitment threads. The forum was peaceful and happy after that.

This isn't the "find a leveling partner" forum. This is the New Player Help and Guides forum. From the "Welcome: Please Read!" blue post:
Welcome to the New Player Help and Guides forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players and learn more about the adventures that await you!

I don't see anything about finding a leveling partner or recruiting a reroll group mentioned.
Edited by Icedragon on 4/6/2011 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2011 02:27 PMPosted by Allene
The part that doesn't make sense is when you tell me to go post in the "Guild Recruitment Forum" when my posts have nothing to do with guilds... If you are going to nitpick about the forum's name and description, then do it all the way.

*sigh* Here we go.

All recruitment threads go in the Guild Recruitment or server forums, point blank. Those are the only two places on this entire website that you're allowed to recruit for any kind of group. Arenas, guilds, rerolls, leveling partners - all of it is recruitment and all of it belongs in one of those two places. It's where the moderators move the threads, so it's where we tell people to put them in the first place.

This is also my last post to this thread. I have stated my opinion and demonstrating the inconsistencies in yours as well as in these rules, which was my intent.

Your opinion doesn't matter. If you have a bone to pick, take it up with the moderators rather than questioning the players that just relay the rules to others. All you seem to want is for the forum to revert to the old days when we were inundated with crap threads, which I can absolutely guarantee will not happen again.
Edited by Icedragon on 4/6/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
I am surprised something with so much "bumping" (roughly half the posts in the thread) got a sticky. It seems rather ironic to me; a thread about following the rules, which in turn violates the rules, and yet is approved of by the higher authorities.

Bumping is considered spamming according to the "Welcome: Please Read!" Thread posted by community manager, Lylirra.

11 posts out of 40+ is almost half...? I guess you do have a reputation to uphold of being... well... special.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Vailent,

this is not the first time you've trolled in this forum. Please stop. I understand you don't care for some of the regular posters and that's your privilege however posting things like this adds nothing to a discussion and helps no one.
But if you take a look at most stickied non blizzard employee created posts on this website they have some bumping. The reason for this is because it takes many days sometimes weeks and months for a sticky to become one from a regular post. When other players think that a post is worth being stickied they try to keep it on the front page so it can continue to get voted to sticky status.
Edited by Jilixx on 9/13/2011 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bumping is considered spamming according to the "Welcome: Please Read!" Thread posted by community manager, Lylirra.

As with all things in the World of Warcraft Community Forums, any action is left to the discretion of the Moderator(s) involved. This would include the level and severity of the supposed infraction.

Though bumping is considered spamming, maybe the spirit of the actions were well intentioned, and happened over the course of time, as opposed to consistent spamming?

Were you there?

If you have issue with past resolutions of posts or threads, and feel strongly about them, you can email you concerns to : wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Q. Where do I go to post my RAF?

A. You should head to either the realm forum of the realm you are planning on finding someone to RAF, or the guild recruitment forum on your faction.

This rule seems a bit ridiculous to me. Most people usually have no idea what server they want to level on until they have a partner and have agreed on a faction.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/17/2011 02:19 PMPosted by Mindfreakz
This rule seems a bit ridiculous to me. Most people usually have no idea what server they want to level on until they have a partner and have agreed on a faction.

We don't make the rules, we just inform the new players what the rules are when they break them (the rules ARE posted at the top of the forum in the other stickies as well as here). If you have a problem with the rules or wish to make a suggestion, you'll have to contact blizzard's staff directly since they don't normally come here anyway.
Edited by Avanna on 9/18/2011 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Q. But I'm on a trial account and can't post there!
A. Cry me a river.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Q. Where do I go to post my RAF?

A. You should head to either the realm forum of the realm you are planning on finding someone to RAF, or the guild recruitment forum on your faction.

The guild recruitment forum seems like a fairly acceptable option. The forum itself doesn't look like it's faction specific.

Or if not, then the wonders of google have made apparent some other options. As an example, this looks like a popular forum/thread that people have gone to to recruit and be recruited.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-general/227991-raf-want-raf-partner-post-here.html
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Why can't we post in the "new player help and guides"

I'm helping a new player and being a guide.

"ask experienced players question and learn more about the adventures that a wait you."

all im doing is letting them know about the adventures b4 they ask. its a win for each side i let them know they have someone to play with that will help them and be there for them and i get nice stuff for that is that so bad.

I will be asking a GM end of this post.

And they can't even get in the guild recruit with a limited account so how do they know
Edited by Wayneglover on 1/19/2012 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just saw this post, so forgive the late response.

01/19/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Wayneglover
Why can't we post in the "new player help and guides"

Advertising that you're going to recruit anyone for ANYTHING has nothing to do with this forum. If you read the description of this forum itself, it's for asking and answering questions for new players. not recruiting.

I'm helping a new player and being a guide.

No you're not, and no you're not. If you want to write a guide to help new players, be my guest.

And they can't even get in the guild recruit with a limited account so how do they know

They can't be recruited for anything with a limited account, so the system is working as intended :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
it would be MUCH more efficient to have a "Looking for RAF? Post here" sticky.
That way there wouldnt be many threads and people would find other people easier than it is now.
This was done with the SoR when it came out. It should be done to raF too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That way there wouldnt be many threads and people would find other people easier than it is now.

Call blizzard or post in the "website suggestions forum" if you have suggestions. The regulars here have no control over the policies of this forum as we are all just regular players. We only convey blizzard's rules to new posters in the hopes that we can help them avoid getting actions against their accounts by the moderators. Also Blizzard employees that make the rules don't typically venture here looking for suggestions of any sort. So you'll have to make that suggestion somewhere that it will be seen by them.

If someone posts something that blizzard has decided is against the CoC here, we just let them know that it's against the CoC and explain why. That way when the mods delete/lock/move the thread or post, they won't incur further violations by complaining about blizzard's policies. The moderators generally don't do anything but delete/lock/move posts unless someone has shown a habitual disregard for the CoC, then they start to accumulate warnings and forum bans.

The moderators don't generally explain why things were deleted/locked/moved, and leave that for the offending poster to figure out for themselves. Since this is a new player help forum, and many of the thread makers here are new players (imagine that), we don't assume that the person is violating the Code of Conduct on purpose. That's why we have these stickies that lay out and explain the rules, so that we can keep new players informed about them and we'll cut down on accidental violations and those angry "I didn't know it was against the rules, Blizz is mean" threads.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it would be MUCH more efficient to have a "Looking for RAF? Post here" sticky.

No. Have you seen how many spam threads we've gotten since the SoR sticky was introduced to this forum? Now count how many RAF threads you've seen in the same time period. Zero. Exactly.

We abolished the RAF threads years ago on the old forum. NO ONE wants it to turn into what the European Newcomers forum looks like now. People aren't smart enough to keep everything contained in one sticky and the current SoR promotion has an end date - May 15, 2012. The RAF promotion DOESN'T have an end date so we'd wind up with a never-ending sticky unless they periodically deleted and remade it.

The current system for handling RAF threads here is not broken. No use trying to "fix" it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
actually it is broken. new players go to the new players forum. Check how many RAF threads there are on guild ecruitment or server forums. Almost zero. Exactly. People are coming to the game and could've been having a much better experience by playing with someone that already knows how things work.

One simple sticky would fix this.

You see, when i began playing i had no idea how classes worked. Maybe if i had someone to help mw through raf, he could've given me some tips. many new players don't know they are supposed to go to other forums and sites to learn the best spec for their class, the best rotation etc etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]