is there anything good going for engineering?

85 Undead Priest
does engineering have anything really good besides jeeves and the motorcycle and that notherend transporter? i just think engineering is lacking good stuff
Edited by Greasdiamoni on 11/12/2010 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Parachute and rocket boots in PVP are great. I've seen boots used in raid situations like brown ooze on professor heroic ICC.
I know you mentioned Jeeves but this is an invaluable tool in raids (assuming not everyone has their argent gruntling).
Engineer tinkers to you gear now STACK with enchants. So now you can have rocket boots AND the boot enchant of your choice. Before it was just straight crit + rockets.
This is more in BC days when primals were used in everything: you had a helm to suck the primal particles out of the air, which made for great and easy farming.
BoE tanking and dps guns. They were in WotLK and they are in Cata too (dps ones listed at least).
Before they took away hunter's need for ammo, engineers made the best ammo in game. It was required for a progression guild hunter to have this ammo.
2 BoP mounts (if you're really into getting mounts/achieves).

That's all I could come up with on little coffee :P
I know not all of it pertains to cata, but if anything engineering is pretty fun :)
Though there is talk of removing engineering capabilities in rated BGs (chute/rocket boots). :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I remember reading there was going to be some kind of teleportation device that randomly teleported you to somewhere in Azeroth. Was that removed?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I remember reading there was going to be some kind of teleportation device that randomly teleported you to somewhere in Azeroth. Was that removed?

I hope not. I can't tell you how much it grinds my gears that my pally inscriptionist can use scrolls of recall 1 every 20 minutes and be taken to some random part of Azeroth (that's what they do for characters that are above level 40), but my Engineer doesn't have an unpredictable device that does the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Engineering has NO BoP mounts.

I believe that they have 2 Engineering-only flying mounts…
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
Its great priest can kill tremor totem and fear in the same GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The engineering caster tinker on gloves (something like 480 int on use) is the best PvE profession bonus for dps casters.
Edited by Damaville on 11/21/2010 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Parachute and rocket boots in PVP are great. I've seen boots used in raid situations like brown ooze on professor heroic ICC.
I know you mentioned Jeeves but this is an invaluable tool in raids (assuming not everyone has their argent gruntling).
Engineer tinkers to you gear now STACK with enchants. So now you can have rocket boots AND the boot enchant of your choice. Before it was just straight crit + rockets.
This is more in BC days when primals were used in everything: you had a helm to suck the primal particles out of the air, which made for great and easy farming.
BoE tanking and dps guns. They were in WotLK and they are in Cata too (dps ones listed at least).
Before they took away hunter's need for ammo, engineers made the best ammo in game. It was required for a progression guild hunter to have this ammo.
2 BoP mounts (if you're really into getting mounts/achieves).

That's all I could come up with on little coffee :P
I know not all of it pertains to cata, but if anything engineering is pretty fun :)
Though there is talk of removing engineering capabilities in rated BGs (chute/rocket boots). :(

actually the reason they stack now is because you dnt get the other bonus anymore.
Its just rockets on your boots no crit to compliment them
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
There are so few trained recipes for Engy right now on beta, it just feels like the profession isn't complete yet. However given how close release is, I don't know if that's the case.

At any rate, I'm really hoping that there's more to Engy than what we can currently see in beta.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
does engineering have anything really good besides jeeves and the motorcycle and that notherend transporter? i just think engineering is lacking good stuff

Are you joking? You've just named some of the most useful and awesome items in the game. Having a portable AH, Bank, Vendor, Rocket Boots, Bikes, Helicopters, Goggles, Bombs, and other vanity items, is a HUGE boon to what Engineering is all about. I wish that I could begin to even touch such things with something like Tailoring.
Edited by Icyfrost on 11/21/2010 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I wish that I could begin to even touch such things with something like Tailoring.

Are you joking? You've just named some of the most useful and awesome items in the game. Having a profession to make cheap, awesome bags, useful cloak and leg enchants, 3 tailoring mounts, gear, clothes, etc… is what Tailoring is all about! I wish I could begin to even tough such things with something like herbalism!
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
Engineering has NO BoP mounts.

I believe that they have 2 Engineering-only flying mounts…
i think he meant new ones for cata
Reply Quote
40 Tauren Warrior
1 word.

LOOT-A-RANG!

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=60854
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Are you joking? You've just named some of the most useful and awesome items in the game. Having a profession to make cheap, awesome bags, useful cloak and leg enchants, 3 tailoring mounts, gear, clothes, etc… is what Tailoring is all about! I wish I could begin to even tough such things with something like herbalism!

Are you joking? Herbalism Heals you. AND makes you faster.

Shoot, if you need to heal with Tailoring, you have to stop leveling it, and use the mats for another, completely different profession! You get to heal for FREE!

Obv OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]