Rolling Troll Druid before cata?

91 Orc Death Knight
What would i be missing out on? Assuming it will be possible when the next patch hits pre cata.
Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
As far as the druid class itself, you won't miss out on anything. As far as leveling, you'll miss out on the new Cataclysm zones and changes.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
I wonder actually, if the new zones aren't set up yet how are you going to do all the Druid class quests? Unless they removed them or are really going to ask you to run to TB at level 10. Weirder things have happened.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
They might make that available before Cataclysm hits, and they should considering.

I wonder actually, if the new zones aren't set up yet how are you going to do all the Druid class quests? Unless they removed them or are really going to ask you to run to TB at level 10. Weirder things have happened.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to actually do those quests for the forms anymore. You can still do the quests, but you just go to the trainer for the form. I'm 99% positive on this.

As far as the druid class itself, you won't miss out on anything. As far as leveling, you'll miss out on the new Cataclysm zones and changes.

so there not changing the troll starting area?

They will at Cataclysm, but whether they roll that out before the actual release date is unknown. They did, however, confirm that they will release the new race/class combos some week(s) before the release date.
Edited by Zionfury on 11/12/2010 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

No you won't. The troll starting area is new and many of the old starting areas have been revamped. You'll miss out on the Goblin or Worgen areas for 1-15 or so, but that's it: there's plenty of new content for a troll druid.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

No you won't. The troll starting area is new and many of the old starting areas have been revamped. You'll miss out on the Goblin or Worgen areas for 1-15 or so, but that's it: there's plenty of new content for a troll druid.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if that was coming with the new race/class combos or not. Thanks for clearing that up!

And I think there was a miscommunication. I know that all of the revamped areas will be available for everyone. I was referring to when they release the new race/class combos for him to start a troll druid. They said they would release those before Cataclysm. Whether that comes with the new starting area or not I wasn't sure.
Edited by Zionfury on 11/12/2010 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I would expect the new race combos to basically be released when Cata comes out.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Actually, there was a blue post saying they would be before Cataclysm.

EDIT: Okay, I'm wrong. Kinda. Went to MMO Champ and wow.joystiq.com and did a few searches. They'll be available at the Shattering, which IS when all the zones change and before the actual Cataclysm expansion releases. So... I was kinda wrong but you guys were right. :P
Edited by Zionfury on 11/12/2010 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I will be rolling a troll druid as soon as I can. Love the bear and cat forms, and even the epic travel form, despite how some people... disapprove of it. Me? I embrace it! Bring it on!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]