Honor - for healers? Of just dps?

85 Dwarf Priest
Hello, i just healed 1.34 million in Wintergrasp and got about 10-15 honor.

I am wondering if the only way to get honor is through damage? Who recieves honor when an enemy dies? Is it anyone who damaged the enemy who died? Does the person who did the killing blow recieve more honor?

Why the hell would I even heal in BGs if all i am doing is helping everyone else get honor but not myself? Healing is more of a task than dps imo, and i have 6 lvl 80s - 3 of which are healers.

Can someone break this down for me please, who receives honor in BGs and why.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, -CONCERNED HEALER

Reply Quote
80 Tauren Shaman
Anyone near the death receives honor, healers do as well.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Anyone near the death receives honor, healers do as well.

this... as long as ur in the same raid group in WG at least. In pvp u could literally stand near somebody not healing or doing damage, and if one of ur raid members kill them u get honor....
Reply Quote
my experience is different. I see people die in front of me in bgs and sometimes i get no honor. the only way im guaranteed honor is if i do a substantial amount of damage to the target. but then again other times i randomly gain honor when im not even near pvp combat so who knows
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
my experience is different. I see people die in front of me in bgs and sometimes i get no honor. the only way im guaranteed honor is if i do a substantial amount of damage to the target. but then again other times i randomly gain honor when im not even near pvp combat so who knows

if you're talking pre 4.0 then ur just mistaken. If you're talking post 4.0 iirc the ratio of hks to honor is less than 1:1, so you would not receive honor for every hk u get.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
It's 1 honor to 10hks or something. Not sure. Being in the front line is always better for honor if you win, but if no one stays behind to defend, then you probably won't win.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
also lol@wg for honor

Stupid thing to say.

The side with tenacity can get absurd honor in short periods of time rather easily.
Reply Quote
67 Troll Shaman
yeah ive noticed that i get more honor on my rogue then a healer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]