Your optimal Raid setup.

85 Orc Warrior
Cataclysm is on the edge of release. What will your 10m raiding setup be?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Ten paladins.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Serious answers please. -.-
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Mage
Rogue
Warlock
Paladin
Druid
Death Knight
Warrior
Hunter
Shaman
Priest

Thats all 10
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The best would be 1 of everything

But my Team is shaping up to look like such

Warrior Tank
Pally Tank
Ele Shaman
Mage
Warlock
Unholy DK
Fury War
Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid
Edited by Warruz on 11/13/2010 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ten paladins.

Ten Shamans are better
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
TFO

Warrior Tank
Pally Tank
Ele Shaman
Mage
Warlock
Unholy DK
Fury War
Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

You realize that's only 2 healers... and many 10 man fights are designed to use 3 healers (in fact id argue MOST of them are). Might wanna do some changing of your setup.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
So far all my 10 man team has is

enh shaman (RL)
warrior tank (me)
hunter

That's it. Still arguing over what toons who should bring for what purpose.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Warrior Tank
Pally Tank
Ele Shaman
Mage
Warlock
Unholy DK
Fury War
Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

You realize that's only 2 healers... and many 10 man fights are designed to use 3 healers (in fact id argue MOST of them are). Might wanna do some changing of your setup.

For the the videos i have been able to see how many healers there are i have consistently seen 2 for 10 mans, if you could provide videos or guides that show or suggest using 3 that would be helpful.(with the exception of throne of four winds)
Edited by Warruz on 11/13/2010 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
TFO

Warrior Tank
Pally Tank
Ele Shaman
Mage
Warlock
Unholy DK
Fury War
Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

For the the videos i have been able to see how many healers there are i have consistently seen 2 for 10 mans, if you could provide videos or guides that show or suggest using 3 that would be helpful.(with the exception of throne of four winds)

manaflask.com, raid guides created by ensida and for the horde (top world guilds)

the vast majority of guides found there suggest 3 healers for 10 man encounters
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yeah I bet the new 10 mans are going to be more unforgiving to raid performance. No tolerance for slackers, especially if you're running with 3 healers. The DPSers are really going to have to pull their weight.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Using three healers in ten man will be almost absolutely required until' you're sitting in the appropriate raid gear. High damage. Decently long fights. Mana is an issue and it is glorious.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
TFO
2 healing fights is for scrubs who want to push through mechanics by luck rather than control.

3 healing is the optimal setup for any fight unless the dps requirement NEEDS 2(read: H LK pre buff). 3 healing a fight makes it more controlled and safe.

If you are the type of player who prefers 2 then you show a complete lack of confidence in your groups ability to all do their jobs correctly and master the mechanics and that you would rather risk an RNG death at the chance of making a mechanic easier for your inept group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
2 healers + 1 hybrid with dps/healing dual spec.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
2 healing fights is for scrubs who want to push through mechanics by luck rather than control.

3 healing is the optimal setup for any fight unless the dps requirement NEEDS 2(read: H LK pre buff). 3 healing a fight makes it more controlled and safe.

If you are the type of player who prefers 2 then you show a complete lack of confidence in your groups ability to all do their jobs correctly and master the mechanics and that you would rather risk an RNG death at the chance of making a mechanic easier for your inept group.

So if you feel you need 3 healers instead of two, that shows you have more confidence in your group to avoid unnecessary damage and you feel your healers are up to the job?

Seriously... when people go down to two heals, it's usually because they have a firm grasp of the fight and it's more of a farm content rather than progression.
Edited by Wimplee on 11/14/2010 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tanks:
Bear/Pally
Warrior/DK

Heals:
Pally (me :D)
Priest
Restro/Elemental Shammy (for DPS when heals are easy)

DPS:
Lock
Mage
Unholy DK
Rogue
Hunter

Something like that. On the 2/3 healer discussion, it completely depends on the fight and what you need, which is why you should stack 1-2 healers with DPS offspec. In fact, you should stack as many offspecs as you can to be flexible to various fights (more tanks, kiting adds, more/less heals for more heals/dps as needed). Even your DPS should have some flexibility to get what you need out of it.
Edited by Jawes on 11/14/2010 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
TFO
So if you feel you need 3 healers instead of two, that shows you have more confidence in your group to avoid unnecessary damage and you feel your healers are up to the job?

Seriously... when people go down to two heals, it's usually because they have a firm grasp of the fight and it's more of a farm content rather than progression.

Because we are talking about an optimal raid setup for farm content.... not for an upcoming expansion where everything will be progression /SARCASM

In fact who in gods name even discusses a group about farm content, the mans 10 man group had 2 healers with no viable dps that could switch to healing if needed, NOT ONLY is this stupid to have 2 main healers rather then 3 with the 3rd being able to dps, its even worse to not even have a dps who is capable of offspecing into heals if needed because some fights WILL REQUIRE 3 healers.

Please quit making useless comments that don't contribute the the discussion like talking about a group makeup for FARM content, no one discusses how to kill farm content and no one cares.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]