With the assumption Chakra is staying put,

85 Troll Priest
I'd like to request a couple of quality of life changes.

First I'd like to see Gheal trigger the Heal chakra, alongside the Heal spell.
Circle of Healing being added to the AoE chakra would be nice too.

Secondly I think it's time to change State of Mind.
Instead of adding 4 seconds to each heal, I'd rather it simply added a flat 2 mins duration on the chakra buff when you enter a state.
Also in this talent, again for quality of life and to make chakra a little more justified, I'd like the Chakra spell to cause your next Heal to be instant cast when activated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
3rd: Just Give Me Chocolate and Nobody gets Hurt
Edited by Vernia on 11/14/2010 4:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
I dont think state of mind is even worth taking anymore since chakra is a 30 sec cd and duration in 4.0.3.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Chakra should give us state buttons (single target, multi target, and dps) that work kind of like hunter aspects. You click a state button to enter the sate and stay in it until you either switch states or turn it off. If you have the state buttons on a 30 second cool down and have them activate the gcd, it would be similar to the way it works on beta, except you wouldn't have to cast a particular spell to activate it. With a 30 second cd and a 30 second duration and no mana cost, you will always have a Chakra state active when healing anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The whole reason why Blizzard came up with Chakra was because they didn't want a copy of warrior stances or tree form. I completely agree that stances would be nice, but it directly counters the intent of the spell. It's going to stay in this general form most likely.

Also, at least 1 point in state of mind will be useful. Using Chakra on CD means that you have less flexibility to switch in case you need it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
State of Mind still isn't useless. Without it, you are forced to stop what you're doing and use Chakra then cast the qualifying spell to enter that state every 30 seconds, whether you want to cast that spell or not at that time and whether it's a waste of mana or not. Otherwise, you're losing the buff from Chakra until you do. You'll still need to spec State of Mind for the flexibility. I suspect we will need to go 2/2 as well to minimize the PoH casts needed to keep it up (remember that only the cast of POM, not the bounces counts as an extension).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
The whole reason why Blizzard came up with Chakra was because they didn't want a copy of warrior stances or tree form.

You mean the Stances that Blizzard changed so drastically since Vanilla that now there's little penalty to dancing or the Tree Form that is now a CD?

Yea... kinda shows any talents added that limit a class' access to its full arsenal of abilities is a bad idea.

But hey! Third times the charm, right? ^.~
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
With the homogeneity (sp) of healers in Cata (i.e. every healer is designed to be able to effectively tank and raid heal), I don't even see the purpose of Chakra in the first place. Had it been introduced in Wrath, it would have made a lot more sense in terms of giving Holy Priests a way to be acceptable tank healers without having to nerf the raid healing to compensate. In Cata, everyone can raid heal as effectively as us, and everyone can also tank heal, but noone else needs to manage stances and switch states to be able to effectively jump between healing roles.

The real question is what they were actually thinking in introducing it in the first place. It's a boring mechanic that's a chore to keep up and that doesn't add anything to our gameplay that we didn't already have (well except HW:Sanctuary, but every other healer also got a comparable version of that). All it adds is more annoyance to our healing mechanics. I really think Chakra is like the Crystal Pepsi of WoW; it's an idea that sounds great and looks great on paper but in practise absolutely bombs. The real question is when they are going to concede it was a horrible mistake and scrap it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Also in this talent, again for quality of life and to make chakra a little more justified, I'd like the Chakra spell to cause your next Heal to be instant cast when activated.

I think this would help a lot!

Personally I'd prefer that Chakra is changed to be more of a flexible throughput CD that we activate once every couple minutes, not strive to maintain indefinitely.
Reply Quote
15 Undead Mage
The whole reason why Blizzard came up with Chakra was because they didn't want a copy of warrior stances or tree form.

You mean the Stances that Blizzard changed so drastically since Vanilla that now there's little penalty to dancing or the Tree Form that is now a CD?

Yea... kinda shows any talents added that limit a class' access to its full arsenal of abilities is a bad idea.

This^^^
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

I don't understand why you would want such a long duration on the state because the only way to switch states is to wait it out.

Hmm? I mean keep the 30 second cooldown but increase the duration of the buff beyond the cooldown. It's essentially what the talent does now, but in such a clunky way I'd prefer they removed it for now. Then they can spend time working on a functional solution while we have this workaround (long buff) in place.

You could still change states every 30 seconds. It would just save you pressing the button over and over every 30~40 seconds just to stay in the same state.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Yeah, I never said I liked it. I'm just pointing out their intentions.
Reply Quote
With the homogeneity (sp) of healers in Cata (i.e. every healer is designed to be able to effectively tank and raid heal), I don't even see the purpose of Chakra in the first place. Had it been introduced in Wrath, it would have made a lot more sense in terms of giving Holy Priests a way to be acceptable tank healers without having to nerf the raid healing to compensate. In Cata, everyone can raid heal as effectively as us, and everyone can also tank heal, but noone else needs to manage stances and switch states to be able to effectively jump between healing roles.

The real question is what they were actually thinking in introducing it in the first place. It's a boring mechanic that's a chore to keep up and that doesn't add anything to our gameplay that we didn't already have (well except HW:Sanctuary, but every other healer also got a comparable version of that). All it adds is more annoyance to our healing mechanics. I really think Chakra is like the Crystal Pepsi of WoW; it's an idea that sounds great and looks great on paper but in practise absolutely bombs. The real question is when they are going to concede it was a horrible mistake and scrap it.

I couldn't have said it better. The above is why I am not a fan of chakra too.
Reply Quote
15 Undead Mage

I couldn't have said it better. The above is why I am not a fan of chakra too.

I agree, especially the bold and underlined part
Edited by Jakol on 11/22/2010 2:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't played my priest for a bit on Live, but currently in Beta, the AOE chakra is triggered by Prayer of Mending, which is much better than having to wait for a 1-2 second cast of Prayer of Healing.

On your second topic though, I can see why you'd want a static 2 min buff, but that might come with repercussions (like a 2 min cooldown) which would be horrible. I think it makes sense the way Chakra is currently set up. I means you use your chakra because you need to use it, or you want to use it. Not because it's nice to have around. Makes holy priest gameplay a more interesting challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Chakra is going to end up in one of 2 states:

So small a buff that no-one even cares.
or
Our healing throughput in the state we're not in is going to be sad.

The only other option is that we'd be overpowered when in the right state, but we'd quickly be overnerfed (Hi Prayer of Healing).

I believe this because of 2 main things:
Every class can do every job.
and
Blizzard's remarkable history on balancing.

It's not an interesting mechanic in its current state, it's a button you have to press every time it falls off. It's Hunger for Blood for priests.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Getting his off my chest : CHAKRA SUCKS

i have now giving this a shot post-patch and it's still as much an effin' pain in the nethers to use - except it's gotten worse.
1. with PoM & PoH as a trigger, i can't maintain sanctuary effectively even when wasting huge amounts of mana on PoH i would not otherwise be casting
2. sanctuary has now been nerfed and adds yet another long CD
3. i just don't see why you would ever enter Serenity, even tank healing. it's just not worth the hassle
4. I don't have the time to waste to drop crap on the floor - be they lolwells or sanctuaries. Give me the druids mechanic.
5. I am really tired of keeping track of all these long CDs - even with add-ons this just turns into a counting game that's just NOT FUN.

Long story short : this dwarf is grumpy and wants chakra to go away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Basically (said this 6 months ago on old forums, too):

Any nuke heal should trigger/extend Shakira:Heal
Any group heal (or ProM or Renew) should trigger/extend Shakira:AoEHeal
Any dps spell should trigger/extend Shakira:Dmg

I need to respec, but when I read a forum post and thought about it, State of Mind is a talent trap to me, but your change to 1/2 minutes might be good for some folks playstyles. So I support your suggestion, so long as it remains optional for me to take it so I can change my stance on Shakira every 30s to be more flexible, which suits my playstyle.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]