Ignoring Your Game Isn't Healthy

85 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard, I understand that 80 (now) and 85 (Cata) is important to you. You always claim that you balance around end game and I'm not saying your wrong. What I'm going to claim is that you need to stop ignoring the other parts of your game.

What are you ignoring? Ambush numbers for all levels below end game. A rogue at level 10 are 1 shooting level 19s, the same goes for almost any bracket.

How can you fix this? For the first time ever, you have the ability to do it. Since you buy the skill once and it scales with you as you level, You need to nerf this ability at lower levels by reducing its overall damage and slowly increase the numbers as they level to comprehend to the average life of characters at that level, then as they continue to level and once they get to the point they don't do 100% life bar damage: scale their damage to end game then. I think that happens around level 70 which most players have the Def. CD's and Resilience really takes part in the game.

Sub Rogues deal 25% extra damage with their Ambush & 25% more Ability from Sinister Calling.
Next, Sub Rogues get Improve Ambush 3/3 talent in tier 1 which increases its crit chance by 60% and it's damage by 15%.
Recap: 40% more damage, 60% higher crit. Rogues stack Agility and a normal rogue through their entire lifetime have around 20-25% crit normal, that means their Ambush has almost 80-90% chance to crit every time.

Good Luck Blizzard. Hope you can fix this.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
Fixes are already on the way. Good luck removing your foot from your mouth, I hope that goes smoothly for you.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Fixes are already on the way. Good luck removing your foot from your mouth, I hope that goes smoothly for you.

Rogues need to learn to play their class. Your not suppose to take on people at full health, you're suppose to take them on at lower health so you can CC them to death or use Ambush to finish them.
Stop getting mad because you can no longer 1 shot people.

Blizzard is on the move to fix this, I know that, but I also know sometimes blizzard says something and doesn't do it or they do fix it, but the fix isn't enough.

I gave my version of how to fix this. Rogues need to get off their high horse of they deserve to kill every class and just except they need to have weakness. Rogues are the only class that I fight against and I'm leveling one right now and I can say have more CC than any class. Mages do kill rogues and if I have to say there is 1 class that is anti Rogue its Mages, but Mages are anti every class to some point.

I want balance in all portions of this game, not just end game.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I take it you missed all the nerfs to low level abilities were posted on MMO Champ?

Cata will fix that.

For what it is worth, most rogues are not happy with the state of low level rogues, it only makes it harder to get our specs balanced at 80-85.
Edited by Eillian on 11/14/2010 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I take it you missed all the nerfs to low level abilities were posted on MMO Champ?

Cata will fix that.

For what it is worth, most rogues are not happy with the state of low level rogues, it only makes it harder to get our specs balanced at 80-85.

I saw them, but I'm a believer only when it is put in, so until that day comes, which is in 23 days, I will still believe this will not happen. I have learned from the past posts that nothing is perm. until it's in the game. I suggest you do the same.
Edited by Thalais on 11/14/2010 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
When you discover that you are painting yourself into a corner, the best thing to do is stop painting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They're not ignoring the game.

Cata will fix that.

I saw them, but I'm a believer only when it is put in, so until that day comes, which is in 23 days, I will still believe this will not happen. I have learned from the past posts that nothing is perm. until it's in the game. I suggest you do the same.

That's a bad philosophy to take, as it's simply wrong.

While nothing is permanent, most of what's on the beta will be put in, and the change you're specifically afraid of losing is going to stay. What reason would they have for taking it out? It would totally unbalance everything they have set up on the beta, so no, they're not going to randomly take it out.
At this late stage in the beta, just about everything that is changed there will make it to the Cataclysm launch, just because of how late it is to change things. They're not going to try totally new and random ideas at this point, because the time for that is done and they need to try and make sure what they have is balanced.
Edited by Matuk on 11/14/2010 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They're not ignoring the game. Move along, sir.

Indeed, actively making it worse is quite different than ignoring.

The only thing wrong with their changes from 4.0 (and any balance tweaks onward) is the slower pace of the game. If they knew anything about gamers, it's that we WANT a game to be fast-paced and somewhat chaotic. We thrive in those environments.

Other than that, most of their overall design seems to be good, they just need to balance the numbers. Just because your class or spec isn't quite where you want it *right now* does not mean that they are making the game worse, it just means they've yet to balance your numbers just right. And no, balancing your numbers does not mean ensuring that YOUR class/spec is going to be top dog no matter what.
Edited by Matuk on 11/14/2010 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
ignorant post is ignorant. OP is avoiding the fact that on the beta, abilities have already been scaled. move along.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
GASP

Someone is WRONG on the internet.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
I like your thinking here. A blue post isnt good enough- I need to see it in the game to believe that it is going to happen. All this talk about "catacylsm?" It's all a ploy by Blizz to make people play WotlK. Hey, it hasn't happened yet- it's all lies.

What I'm hearing here is a poor little shaman that got worked a few times by someone with a dagger. LotR online is over there ---> have fun at the kids table.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Bahahahaha! I dont know what else you can say when theres already a blue post about this very subject, and the fix is just waiting for the next patch to be implemented.
And, frankly, I dont really understand why people are so bent out of shape over low level PvP anyway.
Second, Rogues dont need to L2P their class. Im not sitting around stealthed just waiting for someone to be low enough health to kill them quickly, nor do I need to. Rogues have enough tools to kill most any class from 100 to 0, barring a Holy Paladin or some other currently broken mechanic class.
This is the same old "problem" it's always been. People don't like getting caught unaware. Too bad, that's what our class does.
Edited by Chult on 11/14/2010 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Downrated the OP for a terrible post.

I really suggest you discuss the classes without discussing the developers. It makes for actual discussion on the forums, instead of everyone telling you you're wrong and uninformed (because you are wrong and uninformed).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Thats why holy paladins are balanced on live and in beta right? lolololll

oh hold on this totally has something to do with the topic at hand! stop the presses!

there have been SCALING CHANGES MADE TO ADJUST DAMAGE AS YOU LEVEL. the op's point has been addressed. this has nothing to do with paladins and balancing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]