A Question On Druid Mastery

Increases the potency of your healing spells by 10% on targets already affected by one of your heal over time spells. Each point in Mastery increases heal potency by an additional 1.25%

So does this mean that if I cast Rejuv twice in a row on a target, that the second cast of it will be 10% stronger? Or does my second cast have to be a HoT that isn't already on the target.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
To my knowledge, it only affects direct healing spells (Nourish, RG, HT).
Reply Quote
To my knowledge, it only affects direct healing spells (Nourish, RG, HT).

That would make this mastery super lame
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Could have sworn they said that it works for all healing.

New Resto druid mastery: Increases the potency of your heals on targets upon which you have a hot.

It benefits both hots and direct heals equally while still supporting Resto being a healer that cares a lot about hots. It encourages layering different spells while disincentivizing Rejuv blanketing.

Examples:

1) You cast Regrowth on someone who has a Rejuv = bonus healing.
2) You cast Nourish on someone who has a Lifebloom = bonus healing.
3) You Swiftmend a Rejuv = bonus healing.
4) You cast a Rejuv on someone who does not have a Regrowth, LB or WG on them = no bonus healing.
5) You cast Rejuv on someone who has a Rejuv = no bonus healing. (You merely refreshed Rejuv.)
6) You cast a Wild Growth = bonus healing on those with preexisting hots.
Edited by Tidalwave on 11/14/2010 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
It affects all hots but refreshing a single hot does not cause the benefit.

I THINK that lifeblooms stack both provides mastery and benefits from it because every stack past 1 is considered an additional hot.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Korvox, are you sure about that? I'd love to know if that's the case. Obviously we are using Lifebloom a lot more again, and that would change my opinion on using mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
A mastery that requires a hot to be cast twice in a target in order to get the bonus is a poor design if you ask me. They should have the bonus refresh on hot ticks rather than applying an entirely new spell. Especially with the mana cost of rejuv being so high.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Korvox, are you sure about that? I'd love to know if that's the case. Obviously we are using Lifebloom a lot more again, and that would change my opinion on using mastery.

I want to say that they fixed this in a previous build. Lifebloom just counts as a single hot, not 3.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight

I want to say that they fixed this in a previous build. Lifebloom just counts as a single hot, not 3.

They did, the change hasn't made it to live yet though.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I still think the mastery is worth it... you have to think of mastery more with lvl 85 in mind. Your gonna have a ton of mastery on gear.. so you may have an extra like 30 or more % healing on a target with a HoT.

Tank will most probably alway have lifebloom on it.. so lots of damage comes in.. throw out a quick, but large regrowth heal.

dps is taking a ton of damage.. throw a rejuvenation on them, and throw a wild growth.. increased heals on the one that needs it, and supplementary heals on others for cushion. or rejuv, then regrowth for a nice top off .. this wouldn't work so well without the mastery.

So far I like the mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
symbiosis doesn't increase for each hot on a target. it just comes into play if there IS a hot on a target, this isn't the nourish glyph for 4.0. the only thing that increases the mastery's effectiveness is adding more mastery.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Priest
I just tested it on live. It looks like casting Rejuvenation twice does work. However, this is probably a bug since GC specifically said this wouldn't work. As I understand it, in order for a hot to get the mastery bonus there's supposed to already be a different hot on the target.
Reply Quote
A mastery that requires a hot to be cast twice in a target in order to get the bonus is a poor design if you ask me. They should have the bonus refresh on hot ticks rather than applying an entirely new spell. Especially with the mana cost of rejuv being so high.

Well thats good cause it doesn't work that way

New Resto druid mastery: Increases the potency of your heals on targets upon which you have a hot.

It benefits both hots and direct heals equally while still supporting Resto being a healer that cares a lot about hots. It encourages layering different spells while disincentivizing Rejuv blanketing.

Examples:

1) You cast Regrowth on someone who has a Rejuv = bonus healing.
2) You cast Nourish on someone who has a Lifebloom = bonus healing.
3) You Swiftmend a Rejuv = bonus healing.
4) You cast a Rejuv on someone who does not have a Regrowth, LB or WG on them = no bonus healing.
5) You cast Rejuv on someone who has a Rejuv = no bonus healing. (You merely refreshed Rejuv.)
6) You cast a Wild Growth = bonus healing on those with preexisting hots.
Reply Quote
So if people are correct that casting a HoT twice in a row acts as just a refresh and that the second cast doesn't get the benefit, I guess, to some degree, order matters in casting your HoTs.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
And it seems it should matter. Variety is the spice of life and all that
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for clarifying this for me. I was quite sure this wasn't going to be all that useful for raid HoTing. Now I am excited about using my mastery in Cata.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
It works fine for raid HOTing. IE. you have wild growth on someone, then you cast a rejuv on them and that rejuv gets buffed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Would WG not be the 'typical' raid Hot to be used anyway?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Actually it does. I just tested casting rejuv on myself. Healed for 2746 first cast. Healed for 3021 after the refresh. No change in spellpower or any other stats.

On live yes - on beta and for Cata no. Casting a Rejuv on a target that has Rejuv will not benefit from mastery.

Basically if a hot is up, all heals on that target (other than that same exact hot) will benefit from mastery.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]