Holy PvP Criticism

So I'm looking for some suggestions about gemming, enchanting, and reforging for holy pvp and even some spec suggestions if I'm doing something wrong. I'm looking primarily to be a healer but I'd still like some utility (i.e. Denounce). Any and all criticism is appreciated.

Edit: Ignore the ret gear, I'm still in the process of gearing him up.
Edited by Jerald on 11/14/2010 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think they're still theorycrafting on this issue, but as it stands gemming intel and spirit and enchanting spellpower (when you can) is the way to go right now. (Works for me, anyway.)

Two points into the Blessed Life talent is seen as a waste. (It's being nerfed to 8 seconds for direct damage taken per holy power instead of 2 seconds.) One point seems more logical. Other than that, it's pretty much all up to you.

Personally, I tried Denounce. I like having a free, instant Exorcism but a) it wastes a GCD and b) because of said GCD, you could be healing instead. I might change my mind when I'm 85 but there's just so much damage being flung around right now it's almost ridiculous to think you could do some pew pew.

I can't stress this enough: Know ALL your abilites and know them well, including abilities like Hand of Sacrifice. Any good Holy paladin will use this ability to keep the heat off, say, the flag carrier in WSG when they get focused. Learn to use mouseover macros with raid frames (or use something like Clique or Healbot).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they're still theorycrafting on this issue, but as it stands gemming intel and spirit and enchanting spellpower (when you can) is the way to go right now. (Works for me, anyway.)

Two points into the Blessed Life talent is seen as a waste. (It's being nerfed to 8 seconds for direct damage taken per holy power instead of 2 seconds.) One point seems more logical. Other than that, it's pretty much all up to you.

Personally, I tried Denounce. I like having a free, instant Exorcism but a) it wastes a GCD and b) because of said GCD, you could be healing instead. I might change my mind when I'm 85 but there's just so much damage being flung around right now it's almost ridiculous to think you could do some pew pew.

I can't stress this enough: Know ALL your abilites and know them well, including abilities like Hand of Sacrifice. Any good Holy paladin will use this ability to keep the heat off, say, the flag carrier in WSG when they get focused. Learn to use mouseover macros with raid frames (or use something like Clique or Healbot).

Have to agree with lacobus getting as much spirit and intellect out of gemming your gear and pack of the Spell power, this could also be useful for when you start leveling again because spell power = dead { for the mob}
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]