Newly leveled characters blowing up LOL?

90 Worgen Druid
i have been doing tests with level ~254 gear with no resilience and you still blow up right away. It is pointless for raid healers to try out pvp a bit. You feel like an idiot with a big target on your back. No chance of living.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
No its not good its horrible having an aspect of the game people wont play because there is a huge barrier to entry is not what wow is about. Dont be an idiot.

See what your doing Developers your catering to elitist PVP kiddies who are not the ones paying your bills.

I propose you allow reforging to add resilience to all gear, maybe not as much as pvp but people should not blow up which i believe is what you were shooting for.
Edited by Colendar on 11/15/2010 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
That's just the way it is, you need gear to compete
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
no you need gear not to blow up..

not my words those are developers words. I am just using them liberally.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
You're a pve player then. Tell me, what happens in pve when you don't have the gear? Oh yeah. You can't compete.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
that is completely untrue, i see people using pvp gear in raiding all the time. If nothing but to boost their gear score so people think they are better geared then they are. Hell i do it.

lacking belt or boots of the right level just put some pvp gear on.

what i would like to know is why do pvpers not want raiders to even be able to compete. Way i see it is they are invested in keeping out some players or having some players they can own. But having raiders blow up once they enter a battleground is not right.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
that is completely untrue, i see people using pvp gear in raiding all the time. If nothing but to boost their gear score so people think they are better geared then they are. Hell i do it.

lacking belt or boots of the right level just put some pvp gear on.

what i would like to know is why do pvpers not want raiders to even be able to compete. Way i see it is they are invested in keeping out some players or having some players they can own. But having raiders blow up once they enter a battleground is not right.

You can do either with a few pieces switched about, but PvE gear is designed for PvE and PvP gear is designed for PvP, if you try using a whole set for the wrong situation you're gonna wind up getting beat
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Cataclysm (as stated earlier) should have a crafted starter PvP set for every season should anyone want to start PvP at that time.

I just get a decent PvE/PvP set every season/tier.

Also, how can you expect your raid DPS to down bosses and not make you instantly explode in PvP without resilience?
Edited by Elizander on 11/15/2010 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Raiders DO compete in PvP with high frequency. I see tons and tons of Kingslayers and Lights of Dawn and Banes of the Fallen King in my BGs. They just have two sets of gear like I do, one for pve and one for pvp. It's not hard to obtain either set at all, and it'll be even more accessible in Cataclysm.

If you really, really feel that you cannot compete without a starter set, go ahead and spend your Justice Points (or whatever the Cata equivalent will be) on the previous season's set. I bought my Furious gear with Triumph emblems, and used it to get started in arena and BGs. You can too.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
This is a newish rogue I created when I deleted my alliance rogue and am just now getting gear for him. With 270 gear so available it is difficult for sure. When I first started I made my own little game where I would see how many people I could sap before they got ticked and found and killed me. I still can not kill a decently equipped healer, but most others I can. (rog at 80 nothing like a lvl 20 rogue in wsg)

I just looked at it as others had more time in on their character they were playing so I had to be with a group or be dead. Look at the 80 "dungeon" Azjol-Nerub, I know people that try and solo it, and duo it all the time. They have the gear to do so, if a fresh 80 went in and tried to duo it they would die...fast. BUT if that same fresh 80 with no gear took 4 friends and worked together they might win, same is true in pvp.

EDIT....Looking at your gear....just cause something is colored purple does not mean it is better than a green
Edited by Noctosh on 11/16/2010 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
What a shame wrathful is so hard to get right now.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
What a shame wrathful is so hard to get right now.

Harder for new melees than for casters, as we can't really do #!#* without one of the entirely too expensive weapons. My crappy leveling gear makes BGs very discouraging, and even though I play primarily in premades, it's kinda crappy being the weakest link. But I understand that it's the very end of the expac, though I wish Blizz had done PvP gear like early in BC where you could buy a crappy little blue PvP set from honored with each dungeon rep.
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Druid
I actually agree with the OP. There def should be a gray area. Or else learning/starting to pvp at max level on a toon that you previously only used for pve will be really discouraging. That's bad from a participation stand point. As a pvp'r I want players the largest pool of players to play against.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hey guys so I've been a long time quester, i've accumulated a bunch of blue and green quest rewards, and i figured i wanted to try out some raiding so i went to ICC25 HMs the other day. I couldn't do any damage, and I died continuously..... please fix this blizzard, its not fair that other people had to work for/grind the gear they have to do well in their aspect of the game, everything should just be given out for free.
Reply Quote
Anyways...

In Cata, you can convert PvE points for PvP points (but not on a 1 for 1 basis). So, just run your heroics to get your "season before" PvP set, and you won't blow up.

Don't look for a bad solution to deal with WotLK that is days away from ending. :P

C
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]