Illidan,Why did he have to die?

what bugs me most is that though it is cool that we got to fight illidan there wasnt really much of a reason for us to kill him after all we invaded his realm if i remember right he had all rights to defend it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would people knock it off with this stupid sense of sovereignty for every single thing on the planet?

Believe it or not, sometimes people are pricks, even if they do have a "home".
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
His ideals didn't match up with ours. He may have been able to hold his own, but he was as much a threat to us as the Burning Legion was. He needed to be taken out. It may not have been the way some others would have wanted, but that's Blizzard's call, not ours.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
-He attacked Shattrah City unprovoked, incurring their wrath.

-He was enslaving Mag'har and forcibly converting them to Fel Orcs, incurring the Horde's Wrath

-He was trying to dry up Zangamarsh and create a new Well of Eternity.

-And he attacked Alliance holdings, incurring their wrath.

Beyond that, though I'll agree the reasons behind making him Outland's big baddie were sketchy at best. I liked BC from a gameply standpoint, but the lore and storytelling behind it were pretty dodgy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
-He was enslaving Mag'har and forcibly converting them to Fel Orcs, incurring the Horde's Wrath
Beyond that, though I'll agree the reasons behind making him Outland's big baddie were sketchy at best. I liked BC from a gameply standpoint, but the lore and storytelling behind it were pretty dodgy.

This ^

and face it, you do NOT piss off your local Home Owners Association
Reply Quote

And he had some big green Warglaives, incurring our wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He had phat loot and dem Warglaives. We wanted them and nothing in the world can defeat the power of 25 random adventurers. Except, of course, 10 random adventurers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Which is why i ask, why did Ner'zhul have to die, and the answer to all of our questions is Lord Metzen did it, if we complain however, Lord Metzen "Destroyer of some Characters" as hes known on argus, will delete us and put us in the lore only to have the same fate brought upon our souls.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
"Isn't Ner'zhul dead? Yeah Alex, what's up with that?"
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
...Nothing in the world can defeat the power of 25 random adventurers. Except, of course, 10 random adventurers.
I dunno, Faction Champions proved that 25 can beat 10 rather handily.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Warrior

This ^

and face it, you do NOT piss off your local Home Owners Association

This ^

and face it, you do NOT piss off your local Cenarion Expedition
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Still dont think he's dead.
Reply Quote
Illidan had to die because of Metzen fiat.

Technically, he should have been an anti-hero going by the lore established in Warcraft 3.

Except lolinsane, EVERY VILLAIN IN BC WAS LOLINSANE
Reply Quote
77 Dwarf Warrior
I'm all for villains staying dead, but I can make an exception with Illidan. He was such a unique character with alot of promise and Blizzard didn't do a very good job handling him in BC. Also, because of Metzen's answer and if people keep asking about it or begging for it, I think Illidan will get a redemption story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm all for villains staying dead, but I can make an exception with Illidan. He was such a unique character with alot of promise and Blizzard didn't do a very good job handling him in BC. Also, because of Metzen's answer and if people keep asking about it or begging for it, I think Illidan will get a redemption story.

No, Illidan was a pretty stock, typical teenage fan fic character. But he had wings and looked at a skull, so all was good.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

No, Illidan was a pretty stock, typical teenage fan fic character. But he had wings and looked at a skull, so all was good.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Please dont throw a fit when you realize that it's not shared by everyone.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

Lets be fair, that covers most of the people in Warcraft.

Thrall, Varian, Malfurion, Tyrande.

They all pretty much fit into typical teenage fan fic characters.

Its how they are executed that matters, and Illidan was done better than most.
Edited by Ferlion on 11/16/2010 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Lets be fair, that covers most of the people in Warcraft.

Thrall, Varian, Malfurion, Tyrande.

They all pretty much fit into typical teenage fan fic characters.

Its how they are executed that matters, and Illidan was done better than most.

Oh make no mistake, there are some horrible, god awful characters in in this game. I mean, we're talking stuff that just reeks of "AND THEN, AND THEN MY CHARACTER HAS +7 BATTLE AXES OF GNOLL/DEMON/ORC/SPRITE/GIANT/HUMAN/ELF SLAYING! AND HE GETS 1d6 DEATH RAYS SHOTS, FROM EACH OF HIS EYES!"

But this thread is about Illidan, and Illidan ranks as a matter of course for just terribly done, "I have no sense of how to make a balanced character" teen heartdom.

Which causes me to scratch my head because there are some amazing ones too.
Edited by Vromrig on 11/16/2010 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]