Illidan,Why did he have to die?

90 Night Elf Druid

Lets be fair, that covers most of the people in Warcraft.

Thrall, Varian, Malfurion, Tyrande.

They all pretty much fit into typical teenage fan fic characters.

Its how they are executed that matters, and Illidan was done better than most.

Oh make no mistake, there are some horrible, god awful characters in in this game. I mean, we're talking stuff that just reeks of "AND THEN, AND THEN MY CHARACTER HAS +7 BATTLE AXES OF GNOLL/DEMON/ORC/SPRITE/GIANT/HUMAN/ELF SLAYING! AND HE GETS 1d6 DEATH RAYS SHOTS, FROM EACH OF HIS EYES!"

But this thread is about Illidan, and Illidan ranks as a matter of course for just terribly done, "I have no sense of how to make a balanced character" teen heartdom.

Which causes me to scratch my head because there are some amazing ones too.

Ohh true. Knaak, as much as people like to bash him, had the best Illidan shown yet. Never mentioned the blades and stayed as a caster for the most part. Showed his "good intentions, bad moves" fairly well, and had him with a strong mind.

Now, he's, OMG EXPERT SWORDSMAN TAUGHT BY HIMSELF IN PRISON BUT ALSO A CASTER...OHH AND HE CAN FLY CUZ HE"S ALSO A DEMON!!!!!!
Reply Quote
77 Dwarf Warrior
I'm all for villains staying dead, but I can make an exception with Illidan. He was such a unique character with alot of promise and Blizzard didn't do a very good job handling him in BC. Also, because of Metzen's answer and if people keep asking about it or begging for it, I think Illidan will get a redemption story.

No, Illidan was a pretty stock, typical teenage fan fic character. But he had wings and looked at a skull, so all was good.

That's your opinion, but still, he was the featured villain of BC and there really wasn't that much about him at all. I've been playing this game for over 5 years now, but I had no idea who Illidan was when we were playing that expansion and even through it I was still lost.

In Wrath I kinda knew who Arthas was at the time because I just started getting into the lore, but even if I didn't Blizz did a very good job of getting players to know who he was. Maybe a little too good. I just think Illidan deserves another shot.
Reply Quote
That's your opinion, but still, he was the featured villain of BC and there really wasn't that much about him at all. I've been playing this game for over 5 years now, but I had no idea who Illidan was when we were playing that expansion and even through it I was still lost.

In Wrath I kinda knew who Arthas was at the time because I just started getting into the lore, but even if I didn't Blizz did a very good job of getting players to know who he was. Maybe a little too good. I just think Illidan deserves another shot.

This is very true, their improvement in this category was astronomical come Wrath of the Lich King. But I don't really hold them accountable for the failure in presentation to be honest with you. When BC came out it was an entirely different MMO atmosphere and they were still, believe it or not, somewhat archaic in their delivery methods.
Reply Quote
77 Dwarf Warrior

This is very true, their improvement in this category was astronomical come Wrath of the Lich King. But I don't really hold them accountable for the failure in presentation to be honest with you. When BC came out it was an entirely different MMO atmosphere and they were still, believe it or not, somewhat archaic in their delivery methods.

Oh I agree. I don't really blame them for it because it was the first expansion. They learned with Wrath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]