First seasons of Arena ret had 0 resil, why?

90 Human Paladin
I've always been curious out of all specs and classes in the game, Why did ret pallys receive 0 resil for i think..2? or was it 3 arena seasons.

I don't really think it was down to a, "not enough item level to add resil" because ferals had what..str,stam,agil,int,+spell damage/healing, Crit, just about every stat in the game on each peice of gear.

Guess i should just put back on my tinfoil hat and forget it ever happened huh?

Well don't do that anymore! /slaphand NO!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
IIRC it was an old talent that reduced your chance to be crit or something like that in the ret tree. Which wasn't anything close to what resil gave you. But blizz thought it was balanced, just discouraging rets from PvPing more.

EDIT: Whoa! Hello fellow Frostmane Paladin xD
Edited by Loenicus on 11/16/2010 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The old Divine Purpose talent reduced the critical strike damage we take by 10/20/30%

As the post says above, blizzard thought that was enough
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah i guess i forgot about that talent. I think the other thing that bugged me was we had 0 spelldamage/healing on our gear, flash healed for like 400s. And feral druids had INT and spell damage/healing lol.

oh herroo FM Horde!

P.S. my tabard is pinkier.
Edited by Ritalynn on 11/16/2010 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Heh well see there was this guy who was in charge of the class's and he really hates Paladins and Blizzard let him stay in charge way to frigging long.... what was it LOLRET for every season till WoTLK?

lol yea, there is no more blatent proof of bias then the fact we were the only class to have a spec have 0 resil.

I for one am glad Ghostcrawler is making the calls on Pally's because it's fair treatment not discrimination.
Edited by Xannier on 11/16/2010 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Heh well see there was this guy who was in charge of the class's and he really hates Paladins and Blizzard let him stay in charge way to frigging long.... what was it LOLRET for every season till WoTLK?

Resto Sham/Ret/Arms was ballin' in S3, son. WF totem won all the matches.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Its because blizz hates ret.
Reply Quote
82 Human Paladin
Remember when seals were dispelled? Yeah... I do.

The only counter back then was spamming rank 1 seal of command. Man those days sucked.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Remember when seals were dispelled? Yeah... I do.

The only counter back then was spamming rank 1 seal of command. Man those days sucked.

I also remember when rank 1 of seal of command was the only rank worth using :o
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

Resto Sham/Ret/Arms was ballin' in S3, son. WF totem won all the matches.

don't forget Command and Blood Twisting between WF procs pretty much plow through anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^ i never twisted seals, felt like a terrible gimmick for a broken mechanic.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm, I always chalked it up to that our gear needed both melee and casters stats for why our gear didn't have resil. Then again, I never played vanilla, I was just told about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]