Night Elves: Poor Decision Makers (Repost)

100 Human Mage
This was on the old forums a long time ago and there was a recent thread about how the blood elves aren't welcome with the horde because they are responsible for all things bad. I felt I should repost this to support their claim. All credit to the original poster, whose name I do not remember :(

-----

Anyone ever notice how the Night Elves, when faced with important, world-changing decisions, INEVITABLY make the wrong ones? If it weren't for Night Elves and their screwups, I'd be inclined to think Azeroth in general would be a much nicer place.

Mistake 1: Destroying the Scepter of the Shifting Sands

Bronze Dragonflight: "Now that we've finally sealed away the nemesis of all Azeroth, here's a scepter should you need to break the seal and fight them again."
Fandral: "WAAAHH!"
*breaks scepter*
Bronze Dragonflight: "You dumb f*cker."

Mistake 2: Destroying the Well of Eternity

Queen Azshara: "Blahaharrrgh, I'm addicted to magic!"
Night Elves: "Well I guess that's cool."
Queen Azshara: "Blahahaharrrgh, I'm summoning demons!"
Night Elves: "Ok, that's not so cool."
*Bigass War!*
Malfurion: "I've got an idea! Let's blow up the world!"
Tyrande: "Come on, that's your solution to everything."
Malfurion: "No it's not! By the way, hold this."
Tyrande: "Hey, this looks like a-"
KABLOOIE
Tyrande: "...dammit, Malfurion."

Mistake 3: Recreating the Well of Eternity, Then Leaving It There and Falling Asleep

Illidan: "Hey guys, now that we just got done blowing THAT up, I just made a new one!"
Night Elves: "You stupid f*cker."
Malfurion: "Illidan, you're under arrest for playing the devil rock music."
Illidan: "How wude!"
*SLAMMER'D!*
Malfurion: "Anyway, let's just plant a tree over top of this sucker and call it a day."
Tyrande: "Uh, what do you want us women to do, Mal honey?"
Malfurion: "You all stay awake and keep the stove warm in case we're hungry when we wake up. Oh, and don't go running off having fun with your friends or anything, I want you in the kitchen where you belong."
Tyrande: "But-"
Malfurion: "zzzzzzzzzzzz"
Tyrande: "Dammit."

Mistake 4: Staying Asleep

Orcs: "FOR THE HORDE! And also the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzzzz"
Undead: "For the lich king! Also, again, the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzSNRKzzzzz"

Mistake 5: Picking a Fight with the Orcs

Night Elves: "WTF?! Orcs cutting down our trees? Gettem!"
Cenarius: "I'LL take the case!"
*PWNT*
Night Elves: "WTF!!"
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek

Mistake 6: Releasing Illidan

Tyrande: "We need help, gotta wake the druids up. Oh hey, Illidan! I'm sure 10,000 years of confinement has only rehabilitated him."
Illidan: "GROWLowlorarrrr"
Tyrande: "...although I could be wrong."
Illidan: "OOGHRARGHghhh!" *runs off*

Mistake 7: Blowing up the World, AGAIN

Medivh: "Quit fighting you nubs! Archimonde is coming!"
Night Elves: "Oh crap you're right. Too late now!"
Archimonde: "Bwahahahaha!"
Malfurion: "Hey, I've got an idea!"
Everyone: *groans*
KABLOOIE

Mistake 8: Stopping Illidan from killing the Lich King

Malfurion: "OMG! Illidan's doing something crazy to Northrend! Gotta stop him!"
Maiev: "I'm kookoo for catching Illidan!" *trips Tyrande*
Tyrande: "Aiiee!" *falls into river*
Malfurion and Illidan: "I'LL take the case!"
*rescue*
Illidan: "So you see, I was trying to DESTROY THE MOST POWERFUL EVIL BEING IN AZEROTH."
Malfurion: "Oh, uh..... my bad."

Mistake 9: Building a new World Tree

Fandral: "Man, I miss immortality. Let's make a new world tree!"
Malfurion: "I don't think that's a good-"
Fandral: "STFU nub."
*WORLD TREE'D!*
Fandral: "See? This place is great."
Malfurion: "I dunno, it smells kinda bad... and I think I just stepped in some ooze."
Fandral: "Yeah? Well if you don't like it, why don't you go get lost in the Emerald Dream for a few years?!"
Malfurion: "You know what?! I think I will!" *gets lost in the Emerald Dream*
Night Elves: *facepalm*
Rest of Alliance: "Remind me why we put up with these guys?"
Bronze Dragonflight: "Because you're all a bunch of dumb f*ckers."

[ Post edited, and reposted by Nethaera]
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Knaaaaaaak :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
So... what does this have to do with blood elves and how welcome they are in the Horde?

(Also: People need to just -stop- with that, they belong in the Horde, they're blending with the Horde just fine, they're pulling their weight in stonetalon and other zones, they're not going back to the Alliance, nor should they)
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
Its back!
Reply Quote
Most of these are just silly.

Lesser of two evils. Would you rather have had Sargeras arrived?

Mistake 3: Recreating the Well of Eternity, Then Leaving It There and Falling Asleep

Because all elves went to "sleep." Gotcha.

Play Warcraft 3.

A quick understanding of their xenophobic culture and this makes sense.

What monstrous things happened from this? He killed Tichondrius and helped break the tainting of the forests.

And this... never happened.

Lesser of two evils, again? Play the Warcraft 3 campaign, it gives delicious details.

Has this not been rectified?

Also, this has nothing to do with Blood Elves.

Please tell me this is a joke post.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
So... what does this have to do with blood elves and how welcome they are in the Horde?
It was originally "Why Elves Fail," and it was cataloging the bloopers of elves in general.

Still has nothing to do with whether or not blood elves belong in the Horde. And, quite frankly, the Horde needed them more.

1. thank you.

2. Exactly, people seem to choose to believe that "Oh now that the sunwell is back they'll be more neutral or alliance than horde, they're only still on the faction for game mechanics" and that garbage annoys me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mistake 1: Destroying the Scepter of the Shifting Sands

Ummm... Fandral is crazy? So?

Malfurion's spell was to close the portal, not blow it up. Sargeras stepping through and attempting to keep the portal open is what resulted in the Sundering, not Malfurion willfully making the Well go boom. Get your facts straight. And as has been pointed out numerous times... would you rather be serving Sargeras on a non-Sundered Azeroth right now? Somehow I think I'll pass on that.

And... once again, the action of one person. Illidan was obviously aware that the other Night Elves would disapprove of his actions, so he ran off ahead of everyone and emptied some vials into the lake on Hyjal. How does going against the will of the Night Elves constitute an action by Night Elves? Please explain that to me. They didn't leave it there, they guarded it. What were they supposed to do, move it? The falling asleep bit I'm assuming refers to the druids, who were helping Ysera in the Emerald Dream, and not all of them were asleep at any given time, though the majority were.

Play Warcraft 3.

The Orcs were unknowing invaders. It's not as simple as "picking a fight." And Cenarius didn't get "PWNT". Cenarius slapped Grom around for a bit before Grom was made aware of some demon taint nearby. Even after being warned, Grom and his men drink the blood, get suped up, and kill Cenarius. Obviously more complicated than "PWNT". Maybe a new race needs to land in Durotar, having not known the Orcs were there before they started, idk, taking sand? How would the Orcs view that?

Yeah, okay.

This literally did not happen. Archimonde's destruction at Nordrassil did not blow up the world. In fact, it sacrificed the Night Elves draconic blessings from the Aspects. Of all the things the Night Elves have done that might be construed as foolish, sacrificing all that to save Azeroth is not one of them.

Warcraft 3.

Again, the actions of one Night Elf against the advice of Malfurion, and he did it behind Malfurion's back. If all Night Elves are responsible for Fandral's actions, then by extension all Orcs must be bloodthirsty savages and all Forsaken must be Lich King wanna-be's.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The OP made me laugh, but as much as the people actually trying to argue with it.

Shush, you! It's not often we have something to argue about other than the L-word D:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The OP made me lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Four words... Obvious joke is obvious.

That said, #4 and #5 always make me laugh, although it's been a while since I've seen these. There's a High Elf part as well, it can be found here: http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Kaydeethree/Night_elves_mistakes (original creator's name is Kaydeethree, by the way)
Reply Quote

That said, #4 and #5 always make me laugh, although it's been a while since I've seen these. There's a High Elf part as well, it can be found here: http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Kaydeethree/Night_elves_mistakes (original creator's name is Kaydeethree, by the way)

Malfurion: Calm down, Tyrande. Group hug everybody! I'm sure we can beat this Archimonde guy with some positive thinking and hearts and sunshine and magic rainbows!

Tyrande: I want a divorce!

xD
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Fave one in that list-

High Elf Mistake 8: Blaming the Alliance
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
I never liked this list. There has to be some degree of truth for things to be funny, but the majority of this is just flat-out inaccurate.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Thank for posting this, was just thinking of this list a few days ago. :)

Orcs: "FOR THE HORDE! And also the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzzzz"
Undead: "For the lich king! Also, again, the Burning Legion!"
Night Elves: "zzzzzzSNRKzzzzz"

Night Elves: "WTF?! Orcs cutting down our trees? Gettem!"
Cenarius: "I'LL take the case!"
*PWNT*
Night Elves: "WTF!!"
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek

Best parts in my humble opinion :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]