Inner Fire vs. Inner Will

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm finding a lot of people don't know about this yet, so I'll post it here.

Inner Fire's SP bonus in the latest beta build was cut down from 1350 to 531 at level 85.
http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173506

Considering a raid-geared priest will have ~7000 SP at level 85, 500SP is not that much of a boost. I have a feeling this was done to make the choice between the main effects of Inner Fire and Inner Will more of a consideration; 531SP or 15% off your instant spell casts. The secondary effects (more armor or slightly increased movement) don't mean much for PvE, though they might for PvP.

Did Inner Will just become more of an appealing choice for you as a priest? Will you now consider "stance dancing" between the two? Or will you just pick one and stick with it, and which will it be?

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've been wanting a movement speed modifier since legacy content.

I'm not sure how much use it's going to get in combat (strats and mechanics will dictate that), but you can bet I'll be abusing it outside combat.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Depends on the fight and what my spell usage with break down to.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
For a disc priest, now that the spell power bonus has been nerfed and there are mana issues I will be using this alot for sure.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In my experience, I stay with Inner Will all the time for the mana cost reduction. Early Cataclysm gear is pretty horrible for keeping mana in heroics...

Inner Fire is for DPSers. (And even still, the amount of mana that gets wasted on DoTs for shadow tempts me to use Inner Will for that, too) :|
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I think that it'll change a lot. I can guarantee you that while I'm moving I'll be using Inner Will a lot. When I'm using Renew a lot, I'll use Inner Will. When I'm using Heal or PoH Chakra I'll probably use Inner Fire.

/shrug.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
Does Inner Will effect Penance at all? It's a Channeled Spell, but it's effects are shown instantly, so I've been wondering about it. It looks like Inner Will is the way to go when you're Renewing the Raid, and refreshing DoTs as well as running from certain effects, but if it effects Penance as well, and I'm assuming Bubble, it might be very nice for Disc Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
IIRC Inner Fire and Inner Will both cost no mana. Like someone mentioned, non-lazy priests will simply be switching them mid-fight. I'll probably just leave inner will on 100% of the time because It lets me be even more lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Cariborne

I don't think IW will affect channeled spells like Penance. Mental Agility does not currently and I assume they work on the same mechanic.

Inner Will will affect the following: Renew, PW:S, PoM, Holy Nova, Power Word: Fortitude, Shadow Protection, Fade, Dispel Magic, Cure Disease, Levitate, Fear Ward, Psychic Scream, SW:P, SW:D, Devouring Plague, Leap of Faith, Psychic Horror (Shadow), Pain Suppression (Disc), Power Infusion (Disc), PW:B (Disc), CoH (Holy), Chakra (Holy), Guardian Spirit (Holy), and all the Holy Words (Holy).

It makes me wonder if IW wasn't practically invented to solve a lot of a priest's mana troubles and up until now people in beta simply weren't willing to use it because it represented such a significant power loss. Like many things about the new healing model, the choice is between efficiency and power.
Reply Quote
IIRC Inner Fire and Inner Will both cost no mana. Like someone mentioned, non-lazy priests will simply be switching them mid-fight. I'll probably just leave inner will on 100% of the time because It lets me be even more lazy.
Only problem with swapping them is that they cost a GCD D:.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
@Cariborne

I don't think IW will affect channeled spells like Penance. Mental Agility does not currently and I assume they work on the same mechanic.

Mental Agility has always affected penance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Only problem with swapping them is that they cost a GCD D:.

yeah the GCD cost can be quite steep, but Leap of Faith costs a GCD and that isn't going to stop me from pulling rogues away from the boss every time the CD is up.

edit: awesome spelling.
Edited by Jolah on 11/16/2010 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mental Agility has always affected penance.

Mental Agility absolutely does not affect Penance, nor any other channeled spell.

*edit- bleh on UBB code.
Edited by Khendra on 11/16/2010 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]