What are priests going to do???

85 Night Elf Priest
I've been playing a holy priest since Vanilla. It was my first character...hell, I even levelled straight to 70 as holy *winces*. Nothing is going to change, I'll still love my character and I'll still try my best to outperform.

Changes would be nice of course, but I'm not rerolling anytime soon.

I don't mind the complexity of priests. I find it annoying, however, that a resto druid can cast rejuv and wild growth all day without worrying about their mana for one moment, all the while being bus lengths ahead of anyone else on healing done.

I'm right there with you!
Edited by Maharei on 11/17/2010 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My biggest worry is PvP, and priests in beta are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad right now pvp wise.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My biggest worry is PvP, and priests in beta are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad right now pvp wise.

The overall issue seems to be healing is on the verge of useless in Arena due to vastly inflated health pools vs. heals that have hardly grown in size. This isn't a priest only issue.

Priest may not be the only ones facing the issue, but they certainly seem to be having the hardest time dealing with it. Paladins in contrast don't seem to be having any trouble at all.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Still a priest, happy to be a priest, going to continue having a priest as my main until/unless one of my alts starts being more fun. But I love healing and I love my priest, and don't see that changing anytime soon.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I just hope it doesn't take a patch and a half to fix like they did for shaman.

I'll have alts ready, just not sure if I'm prepared to switch to them =(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Do what a normally do, play the game and have fun.
Reply Quote
10 Troll Mage
I only play a holy paladin because my guild was low on them since forever ago. I'm like the opposite of the OP I guess. Priests in general just seem like more intuitive healers whereas holy paladins are like the healer choice for underachievers like meeeee! Nonetheless, I've grown to like it and I could probably never get used to playing another healer srsly.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
I'm right there with you!

I don't have the reference but Blizz said that Druids are way OP right now and it's a guarantee they will be nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

The overall issue seems to be healing is on the verge of useless in Arena due to vastly inflated health pools vs. heals that have hardly grown in size. This isn't a priest only issue.

The fact that priests are "baaaaaaad" right now in PvP is absolutely a Priest only issue. The fact that healing is less effective is a separate issue that does not seem to be affecting all classes equally. I have seen video of holy paladins lasting 9 minutes in an arena match, throwing out instant WoGs with endless holy power that heal for as much as penance and cost no mana, and getting instant damage spells off to help with DPS. Shamans are nearly as efficient.

From all accounts I've seen (and I've seen at least 5 videos from good priests as well as countless testimonials from beta players) priests are not anywhere near this level - and that's only mana efficiency.

Mana inefficiency and the addition of offensive abilities to every healing spec have snuffed out any semblance of the offensive flavor the priest once had in PvP. Not to mention the abilities attached to smite are virtually useless in PvP. You won't get 5 smites, the regen from Archangel is nonexistent if you don't get 5 smites, and Atonement is unreliable.

Add to that the fact that there is no more dispel protection and you'll find that Disc's core mechanics (including Mastery) are rendered completely useless against Shamans and Mages which are on a large majority of 3s and 5s teams, as well as in just about any battleground team.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd just like to add... Twirling Light is looking like a pretty reasonable talent right about now. Maybe they should revisit it?

• Twirling Light - New spell. When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, or Holy Word: Chastise your next Flash Heal is instant at 75% reduced mana cost, but heals for 60% of the amount. Lasts for 10 sec.
  • Edited by Highbeams on 11/17/2010 10:59 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Dwarf Priest
    I'd just like to add... Twirling Light is looking like a pretty reasonable talent right about now. Maybe they should revisit it?

I would agree, except if PvE numbers are pretty close (as people say they are) that would put Priests over the top. If any changes are made to PvP viability they probably can't affect PvE that much.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Paladin

I would agree, except if PvE numbers are pretty close (as people say they are) that would put Priests over the top. If any changes are made to PvP viability they probably can't affect PvE that much.

I'm not sure how the numbers for it would translate now, but when the talent existed, a TL FH healed for an amount similar to Heal. I don't think casting Smite > FH > Smite > FH would be advantageousness in a raid setting.

It would have been cool if they had kept both Twirling Lights and SoL (the one without the FH component). Being able to crit > smite > FH > Serendipity would have been a lot of fun. That's the type of synergy Paladins currently get to enjoy.
    Edited by Highbeams on 11/17/2010 11:27 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Priest
    Hopefully playing this priest, healing tanks, and doing my thing. That said, I've got an 80 pali; and I'm not going to be paying attention to any of the claims or protestations on the balance side this time around; if the numbers don't add up, I'll heal tanks using that slimy dwarf paladin of mine without a second's thought.

It might get first boss kills, but it will never be my main.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Priest
    I am one of the very best priests i've ever seen. Not to be a racist or bigot or whatever it's called when you're all self-happy.
    But I do just fine as a Holy priest in PVP and PVE. It's all in learning the new skills. I've been down this rodeo 3 times now, It's nothing new for me. Just click it, try it, go for the gold.
    I have a little bit of resilience in my pvp gear so As holy i'm able to survive based on the amount of haste I generate. Just a fraction over 1 second flash heal, I can tank 3 rogues just fine and outlast them in most BG's. As far as PVE goes, I can solo raid heal almost everything I try. This includes every boss i've done in ICC, except Dreamwalker. i always just heal her and her only.
    Priests are not dead by a long shot, if anything. I see a rise in Priest Population. If you fail at healing, keep the same ole spirit gear and go shadow. You'll be Hit capped with a good amount of haste and crit to boot.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    It's all in learning the new skills.

I think this is a very important observation.
    Reply Quote
    86 Human Paladin

Pretty sure that whole post you are responding to was intended as ironic humor. Armory the poster.
    Reply Quote
    80 Human Death Knight

Pretty sure that whole post you are responding to was intended as ironic humor. Armory the poster.
    I think you're mistaken.
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Priest
    Unless there are really major changes in the next month, I'm sticking with the druid I got to 80 a couple weeks ago. As far as I saw in WOTLK (I started in bc with my priest) class balance changes take some time to decide on and implement. Druids and especially priests were completely OP well into T7 thanks to no cd on COH/WG, so I figure druids and pallies will be much better well into t11, if not longer. Thus I figure I'm safe rolling what class is OP on beta when the expansion hits since they will probably still be OP for a couple months at least.

Each tier seemed to have the favored healers, though I'd argue priests have been bottom of the barrel since the post-ulduar nerfs in T9. We were functional, of course, but still produced less output with more effort, and this chakra crap is the straw that broke the camel's back - I already had my 26 keybinds taken up with my priest and I don't have the will to figure out two more, especially not for a mechanic I don't find fun in any way. I'm going druid - I like the style of putting a hot on someone and waiting instead of spamming direct heals on them to full, and it overall just feels more fluid and less clunky than the priest. Not to mention all the horror stories I've heard about priest regen on beta.

My priest has all the achievements and cool stuff on it, unfortunately, but at least druids have no use for good flying mounts anyway >_>
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]