Demo using Imp in dungeons?

100 Human Warlock
What gives?

Just last night I was healing and kept meeting a lot of Demo (and even aff locks) using the imp. I pulled up recount list and saw they were always at the top of the meters even with just farting around.

A cringed a few times when I saw them in T10 and was thinking to myself... maybe *I* am the idiot here. Of course when inquiring about it from a few of them the most I would get it "shut up and heal" or "demo use imp now".

Could someone just shoot me?
But shoot Blizzard first.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I never use the Imp. He's kind of annoying. And I almost never have other locks in the party. It's definitely my least encountered class, but priests are kind of close.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
Just ignore them and lol at their stupidity. That's what I do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's better than the affliction lock i saw yesterday that didn't even have any pet out and only used the 3 dots on even boss fights. Some people are just beyond help, much like your Demo locks with an Imp.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm not sure what these warlocks are thinking. If you're Demo specked you use the goddamn Felguard! lol As Destruction I do use my Imp, and I'm not specked Affliction but it looks like Succubus actually is win for that spec. Anyways, these locks you encountered are just...special.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It's better than the affliction lock i saw yesterday that didn't even have any pet out and only used the 3 dots on even boss fights. Some people are just beyond help, much like your Demo locks with an Imp.
I feel ashamed to know that there are locks that bad, but I appreciate the knowledge that I am not the worst warlock in the game.
Reply Quote
sounds a little rediculus... but kinda suprised they top meters
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
i may be wrong but im pretty sure imp is beating the succy for aff. since the imp actually is scaling with gear right now and the succy isnt. that demo lock was retarded though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

So was I.
Now imagine if they used the Felguard.

When I enquire more, I get answers like "haven't you read anything since 4.0?". Or "the imp got buffed last patch" or they post the recount for me to see they are on top.

Now I'm not rude because I know I'm not even the best warlock - far from it. But at least I have a basic idea of mechanics. When they top the meters, my stupid whisper from my warrior tank or healer priest means I'm just a scrub.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
BTW this is Asael from the old forums.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
that demo lock was retarded though.

those demo locks

In another thread, someone alluded that we are a dying class. I disagree - I'm seeing more warlocks now and they're mostly demo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
With the new felguard spells/moves, if I were Demo I'd definitely be using him. He's pretty good AoE Damage. I stopped paying attention to people because they tend to be retarded and when you suggest something act like total douche bags. Just smile in knowing they will never been in a high end raiding guild.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
i may be wrong but im pretty sure imp is beating the succy for aff. since the imp actually is scaling with gear right now and the succy isnt. that demo lock was retarded though.

Has anyone really tested Imp vs. Succy vs. Felhunter for Affliction yet? I can't really find any good info on it myself.

that demo lock was retarded though.

those demo locks

In another thread, someone alluded that we are a dying class. I disagree - I'm seeing more warlocks now and they're mostly demo.

Demo spec is OP atm. Seriously, combo Meta+Trinkets+Racials+Immo Aura+Hellfire+Felgaurd's Felstorm and you will eclipse every DPS meter. There is no contest. Demo locks can pump out ridiculous AoE damage right now.

Shoot, laying down a Hand of Gul'dan and then having the Felguard use Felstorm in the HoG'D aura does a lot of DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

So was I.

When I enquire more, I get answers like "haven't you read anything since 4.0?". Or "the imp got buffed last patch" or they post the recount for me to see they are on top.

Now I'm not rude because I know I'm not even the best warlock - far from it. But at least I have a basic idea of mechanics. When they top the meters, my stupid whisper from my warrior tank or healer priest means I'm just a scrub.

DPS in heroics matter.

I break 10k sometimes on boss fights depending on the group.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I feel ashamed to know that there are locks that bad, but I appreciate the knowledge that I am not the worst warlock in the game.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. I am a casual player and generally solo more than anything else but at least I understand the concept of picking the right demon for the right job.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

So was I.

DPS in heroics matter.

DPS is not the discussion.

I partially wanted to know if I missed some secret patch info about demo.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Warlock

So was I.

DPS in heroics matter.

DPS is not the discussion.

I partially wanted to know if I missed some secret patch info about demo.

No secret patch, I would say "lack of knowledge" is the best answer I could give you. Some see the group Stamina buff and think that is the best option, but if your demo there is no excuse not to go with Felguard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Actually, I did a test between imp and felguard for dps. It seems that imp is slightly better at high sustained single target dps than felguard, since felstorm is only used every 45 seconds, and the imp attacks faster. I only use imp for bosses though. All trash is usually AoE so I go with felguard on those.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]