The Druid Code

90 Tauren Druid
but i think the other side is that newb druids have to port to moonglade to pickup bear form and other quests. and it's just kinda dirty to gank a lvl 10 on his / her first trip to the moonglade.

Ha, this happened to me on my first druid (on a PVP server, of course). I glanced away for a moment after picking up the part of the quest just as you get to Moonglade, heard a terrific sound, and came back to the "Release?" prompt. I decided not to be That Person henceforth. :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
[quote][quote]
That said, I think both Martin and Jordan (and to a lesser extent Sanderson) are fantastic authors and WoT and ASoIaF are two of my favorite series.

Ditto. I don't think any avid critic will deny, however, that Martin's writing as far more sophisticated. Jordan's writing is more attention grabbing and page turning. Martin's, if you're patient, is much, much richer and devious.

But, yeah, I dig em both. Now if we could just get Martin a steady supply of adderall, maybe he'll pump out another volume ...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
it's ok i still love you because lan is awesome. ;)

Shameless attempt to get post rep....but it worked.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i think the different specs should have different codes

resto -
- join a cookie cutter arena team, get gladiator, pretend you're good at the game.
- go to the forums and talk @@%% to non gladiators of all specs
- put your gladiator title on in game and sit afk in dalaran
- make sure to remind everyone how hard it was to get gladiator as resto
- attack everything you see in moonglade and continue battling it all for the next few days

balance -
- hit starfall, top bg damage meters, pretend you're good
- in any instance with seige vehicles, sit on the side and spam starfall and moonfire
- if not in a seige vehicle, still spam moonfire
- attack everything in moonglade and back peddal while spamming moonfire until you die
- dont forget to starfall and typhoon

feral -
- go cat form and no matter what you do, never shift out to heal yourself
- join a random bg and go tunnel vision your bleeds on a single target and kill them
- ignore the fact that they were in level 200 gear with 300 resilience
- come to forums and talk about how good you are and how op feral is after 4.0
- do not do arenas, pretend like you know how to arena
- attack everyone everywhere, especially other druids. if they put thorns up, continue attacking
- when you die, look at your combat log and %***@ about how op thorns is
repeat last 2 steps and remain oblivious as to how thorns works

u mad bro?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Moonglade is the haven of druids. I won't attack another druid...but other horde are fair game to me. If you are a druid out of Moonglade, you fall right back into the same category as your friends: Lunch.
Reply Quote
I'm not from a RP server.

so if they are red and away from the guards, I will attack anybody
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Same here. You're lucky if I let you live :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I Do not atack druids in moonglade, hell I don't attack druids outside arena or Bgs unless they are attacking me or attacking another horde guy or city, .

I also don't attack mages but those because they are OP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I remember back in Vanilla, when I was a wee baby bearcow on my first trip to Moonglade, the quest giver introducing me to Moonglade said:

"While you are here, please be sure you preserve the balance of life in all things. Disturbances are not welcome here, and our wardens are trained to cease all hostilities without question."

It affected me so much I do not so much as kill even a critter in Moonglade.

In the world, I won't attack a druid who doesn't attack me first because I do love druids as a class and so I extend this respectful courtesy. However, there are many druids who rolled them when they were FOTM who do not even know about the druid code who will simply follow the "red = dead" policy.

In Battlegrounds, though, it is a completely different story. An enemy is an enemy, druid or not.

Of course, the whole reason there is a druid code to begin with is our DPS was so pitiful in vanilla that one druid trying to kill another would be there all night :P But it's nice to think that it's because we have this kinship, and a connection being as the only other race of druids was on the opposite faction.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Despite the code not having noble roots, I will only attack a flagged druid if in a battleground or arena. Afterall, DURIDS IS 4 haf FUN TIME WIT FRENS.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I play on an RPPVP server, and while I don't personally RP much, I do respect the RP guidlines, and among those is druids not attacking eachother period. Obviously this is unavoidable at times, but it's still good to make an effort.

Now, when this char becomes a Troll ...not so much >:D

Elune can shove it, mon!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Ditto. I don't think any avid critic will deny, however, that Martin's writing as far more sophisticated. Jordan's writing is more attention grabbing and page turning. Martin's, if you're patient, is much, much richer and devious.

But, yeah, I dig em both. Now if we could just get Martin a steady supply of adderall, maybe he'll pump out another volume ...

Again, I mostly agree, although Martin does have his fair share of page-turning elements, especially as his novels come to a close, this however, stems more for the reader's love of the characters than the action itself, maintaining the more sophisticated writing.

AND I WANT DANCE WITH DRAGONS DARNIT!

edit: Does Bllizzard frown upon profanity on these new forums? I'll play it safe for now.
Edited by Chakamber on 11/18/2010 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I remember back in Vanilla, when I was a wee baby bearcow on my first trip to Moonglade, the quest giver introducing me to Moonglade said:

"While you are here, please be sure you preserve the balance of life in all things. Disturbances are not welcome here, and our wardens are trained to cease all hostilities without question."

It affected me so much I do not so much as kill even a critter in Moonglade.

Lol for the longest time i was actually afraid to attack the critters for the same reason... felt so stupid when I finally did kill one and guards didn't attack me >.<

...they should defend the critters, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
[quote]

AND I WANT DANCE WITH DRAGONS DARNIT!

edit: Does Bllizzard frown upon profanity on these new forums? I'll play it safe for now.

WTB an Arya and Nymeria reunion... and an "update" from George that's more recent than 1/1/2008.
Reply Quote
53 Undead Mage

WTB an Arya and Nymeria reunion... and an "update" from George that's more recent than 1/1/2008.

"On October 10, 2010, at the New York Comic Con, Spectra senior editor Anne Groell states that Martin has announced he has five chapters remaining, with sections of the chapters already completed. She also wants to get the manuscript completed by December."

From Wikipedia, its not directly from George, but it gives me hopes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Druid fights used to consist of the following:

Bear form, bash, heal, back to bear form. Rinse and repeat until both sides just give up from boredom.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My druid was the first character I created and has been my main since that day in Vanilla. And while I may not be on a Roleplay server, I do abide by a sort of "Druid Code" which I have often noticed many of my fellow druids display, even cross faction. Playing on a PvE realm I don't have to deal with the question of attacking in Moonglade. By Elune, even if I did, I wouldn't attack a Druid there.

I'm a Druid first and Alliance second, simple as that.

I shall not initiate aggression towards a fellow Druid, unless in a situation where required such as Arenas or Battlegrounds, or if self defence is required.

I shall not grief fellow Druids by killing or tagging their quest NPCs and targets.

If a fellow Druid is in need of aid I shall lend it to the best of my ability, regardless of faction.

Two of my fondest memories actually come from WotLK.

I remember when the expansion first hit and I was in the race for server first druid (which I didn't get, mind you). I was doing a quest and ended up overwhelmed. I was leveling as Restoration, as I always have.

A Tauren druid had just finished the quest I was on, but instead of leaving, the Druid noticed I was being swarmed, so instead helped me by taking out some of the waves. It was one of those "defend this site" type of quests. The one at the Black Dragon Sanctum I believe. She was a Balance druid from our server's top Horde guild.

Anyways, after the quest was finished I did a bow and thank emote, and she responded with a bow and smile before going to turn in.

Another experience was further along in WotLK after ToC was released. It was early in the morning and I was trying to finish my dailies before the server restart, but was unable to find a group to kill Chillmaw. I fly over regardless in an attempt to solo him, which was a pain at the time. As I land I see a Tauren Druid, feral, slowly killing her in bear form. I fly in and lend a hand with my amazing Restoration DPS. A few emotes after he dies, the Tauren stayed and waited for me to pull Chillmaw before taunting and tanking it for me.

I'm a firm believer of a Druid Code, and I do follow it.

That all said, it is true many new druids don't, and I think that's a shame.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I don't, unless you are being bad. Of course, I don't attack anyone if I can tell they are obviously doing something to get something else done. I know how it feels to grind, no need to prolong it for a few honor points.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think one shotting a lowbie druid in the moonglade is where it's at! Then agian now I am on a pve server to be with friends so my fun is gone :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I dont like to attack any other druids opposite of my faction, period. I see them more as brothers/sisters then enemies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]