Elemental Unrest?

85 Draenei Paladin
Who else is enjoying the pre-cata events? I kinda like running around with five different raid groups in cities. And I'm diggin' the new boss fights afterwards too.

Too bad I can't get Cata. :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I am loving the new quests. They're short but fun, even for a raider like me.

I kind of like playing "hero" and taunting elite elementals off of lowbies or cloth wearers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No offense or anything but this might be the wrong forums for this topic.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
No offense or anything but this might be the wrong forums for this topic.

Pft. Pally forum is my home. Always has been. Why would I go anywhere else?
Reply Quote
*shrug* either way so far it's not nearly as annoying as the scourge invasion
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Gah. Ironforge is glitched. I can't get my tank shield. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We should just sit and talk with the elementals, they must be lonely and confused. They were summoned to a city with lots of smelly green things or to a town of cows, HOW WOULD YOU REACT IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SITUATION?!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
*shrug* either way so far it's not nearly as annoying as the scourge invasion
I don't know about that. When you factor in:

Gah. Ironforge is glitched. I can't get my tank shield. :(

, it takes on a more serious appearance. Note that during invasions, the only things that remain in the affected cities are the guards. There are no auctioneers, bankers, target dummies, or even mailboxes. There are also no flight masters, and trying to hop into the Deeprun Tram instance doesn't work. Basically, if you're in IF while it's bugged (rifts up but no adds spawn), you're stuck until the bug decides to sort itself out in an hour or two, or until you use your Hearthstone.

I wasn't in IF luckily, but not being able to do those dungeons is kinda lame. :( I feel bad for the people stuck there lol.

A good in-game event, properly designed, should make itself available to those who want it while not interfering with the gameplay of those who aren't interested. Unfortunately, the pre-Cata event leaves the following impression:

"OMG LOOK IT'S AN INVASION GUYS! WHATCHA GONA DO BOUT IT? HUH? HUH? LOOK THERE! ELEMENTALS! HEY! LOOK! ARE YOU LOOKING?"

There's a reason they're doing this. You saw the Night Elf Mohawk commercials and Ozzy commercials for WoW... One would assume they'd be able to put something together for Cata to come out... But there has been next to no advertisement. This event IS the advertisement. It's saying, "HEY LOOK. CATA IS ALMOST HERE. GET THE EXPANSION." As an advertisement, it's doing EXACTLY what they want it to do. No one in game can ignore it.

The fact that a quarter of the event (Ironforge, out of SW, IF, Org, and TB) is basically BROKEN is just another sign, on top of frequent crashes, disconnects, and other bugs far too numerous to mention, of flat-out incompetence. I don't like paying $15 a month and getting a big pile of incompetence in return. I would ashamed to even recommend WoW to friends, in the state it's in.

I haven't logged on today as I'm at school, but I get the feeling that Blizzard isn't gonna leave cities bugged liked that. We just had a HUGE patch, there are now about five raids going on every 2-3 hours in major cities, and everyone and their mother is logging on to participate. There's gonna be issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]