======= Can't Find the Right Class/Race/Alt?

(Sticky)

85 Night Elf Druid
07/12/2011 05:43 AMPosted by Notaghoulz
what about the class' population? moar DK(for e.g) means competition for to go to raid ?

Class populations mean nothing. Competition for raids depends on who is in your guild and whether your guild rotates folks through content. For example my guild jokes about having a lot of druids, and we really do. However all the druids are kept happy because they take turns raiding between druid alts and something else mains.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warrior
Finally! I've been dying to have an actual sort of guideline as to how I approach asking about races and classes. Thanks A LOT!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
11/16/2010 03:44 PMPosted by Icedragon
There isn't a best combo or a best class or a best race. It doesn't exist.
Not true, all classes and races have something unique to them, for example, a Troll would be a better choice for a Hunter because of the passive racials. Or a Orc Warlock because of the passive racial to increase pet damage. Other than that good guide and I am sure many players will use it!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/04/2011 06:21 PMPosted by Ywalsh
There isn't a best combo or a best class or a best race. It doesn't exist.
Not true, all classes and races have something unique to them, for example, a Troll would be a better choice for a Hunter because of the passive racials. Or a Orc Warlock because of the passive racial to increase pet damage. Other than that good guide and I am sure many players will use it!

Your race has very minimal effect on gameplay, and you missed my point entirely. You won't lose to a warlock just because he's an orc. You won't be passed over for a raid spot just because you're a Draenei.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
08/04/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Icedragon
You won't be passed over for a raid spot just because you're a Draenei.
Actually top guilds require right race/class combo
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/06/2011 06:24 PMPosted by Ywalsh
You won't be passed over for a raid spot just because you're a Draenei.
Actually top guilds require right race/class combo

If you're applying to a top guild then you don't need to read this thread, do you?
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Priest
[quote="10814508216"]I just found this fun little "Test" you can take with 10 multiple choice questions that will help you determine what class best fits your personality.

http://fortune.worldofwarcraft.com/en_us/personality_test.html

I did a copy & paste of this link and it just put me on the WoW home page. So, where do I find the test itself? I looked all over on the home page & found nothing leading to the test.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
I do believe that's from the old site and no longer exists.
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Priest
Thanks Jilixx, any chance theres a new one available anywhere? I'm new to WoW and finding that the characters play different here than in other MMO's and was just gunna check out this test to see if it was of any help.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/08/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Nytwispmirra
Thanks Jilixx, any chance theres a new one available anywhere? I'm new to WoW and finding that the characters play different here than in other MMO's and was just gunna check out this test to see if it was of any help.

The test wasn't accurate in the slightest, which is why I never added it to the main posts. Don't bother with it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Edit: Mods fixed it. Thanks guys :D
Edited by Icedragon on 8/27/2011 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Cool
Reply Quote
61 Human Death Knight
Class populations mean nothing. Competition for raids depends on who is in your guild and whether your guild rotates folks through content. For example my guild jokes about having a lot of druids, and we really do. However all the druids are kept happy because they take turns raiding between druid alts and something else mains.

7/12/2011

i love this...ive been thinking along these lines for a very very long time. this helps me to get the confidence to say "its not about what other ppl play, its about what i wanna play."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Darrut, this is a sticky. The questionnaire is meant to be posted as an individual thread so you can solicit advice from others, not just read over so someone can use it on their own.

If you want answers, make your own thread. Please edit out your post so this sticky can be kept clean.
Reply Quote
24 Goblin Mage
I didn't mean any harm i was just looking for advice on hat character was correct for me. Or if i was moving in the right path.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Darrut
I didn't mean any harm i was just looking for advice on hat character was correct for me. Or if i was moving in the right path.

Like I said, to get any advice you need to make your own thread and folks will be happy to help you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]