======= Can't Find the Right Class/Race/Alt?

(Sticky)

84 Orc Death Knight
Where do I write answers?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/12/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Modorax
Where do I write answers?

create your own thread on this forum, copy and paste the questions into your initial post in that thread and type in your own answers for each question.
Reply Quote
I got paladin/warrior Great test
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
How can't you find the right Class/Race/Alt?? Does that make any sense?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How can't you find the right Class/Race/Alt?? Does that make any sense?

This is the new player help forum, where new players come for advice. Players who haven't yet played every class/spec and may not have the time (or patience) to play every class/spec in search of what "clicks" for them

If someone who hasn't played this game much (or last played many years ago when all the classes were different and some specs truly were useless) then they won't know what all the different classes/specs are like and what the different possibilities are.

It's for those people that this questionnaire exists.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
hey all, having trouble deciding between warlock and death knight for an alt. i currently play a resto shaman. just looking for the pros and cons of each class and opinions on each to help me try and figure out which alt i want to level to eventually raid with. thnx in advanced =P
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Monk
What have you played before?
No
How far did you level it?
Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!
I really don't know yet. i am mad when i can't hit units or they evade every attack.
With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
Alone
Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
PVE maybe Dungeons
Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?
PVE
Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?
Single Character
Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).
Tauren Male
Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
I have no Idea
Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
I do not know.
Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?
Doesn't matter
Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
Doesn't matter
Throw in any extra details here:
First character (which i plan to level past 20)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Orelle:

You need to post this in the thread you made earlier.

Also: you answered the "veteran" player set of questions. There's a second set of questions meant for players that have limited to no experience with WoW. That's why you didn't understand what those questions were asking or have answers for them.

Pick the other set of questions, and post them with your answers in that thread you created.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
i found a couple i like playing but due to nerfs that are total unplayable hint warriors then comes hunters even my mage no longer feels playable yet the one class i don't like is my warlock who can face roll pve content
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Need a Scroll of Resurrection

email soulfire777
main arcreign
relm skywall

new mount on its way for you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
sdgdga
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
There isn't a best combo or a best class or a best race. It doesn't exist.

IMO, pick whatever race you want. None of the bonuses are really that big to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
First character (which i plan to level past 20)

Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
I have no Idea

Monk is a good choice if this is how you feel. They're a very versatile class, so you can try healing, dps, and tanking and pick your favorite end-game. They also have a little ranged, so you will probably notice if you want more of this.
Reply Quote
20 Troll Druid
Eh, yeah. Me? I picked Hunters first. Now, for instance, they have ranged attacks, pets that take damage for you... And deal out damage while they're at it ;) Then I picked Druid and those healing spells helped me like no other. Personally though, I liked secondary support from a pet or minion. So anyway, that was when I thought of Warlocks, with ranged attacks and minions. The armor killed me inside out. So, I am a trial account which means DKs are O-U-T Out! So there is no helping there, seeing as Hunters don't really have self-healing. Anyway, once you get Feign Death at, like, level 30, you get that for PVE. Unfortunately, as a Trial account like I said before... Hunters and warlocks and druids have pets and ranged. Druids have different forms like lvl 16 travel and Cat form stealth, and heal. Warlocks can somewhat heal themselves. Hunters are basically the only ones who can shoot a ranged weapon effectively. It all balances to where you can't really have ranged, support, and healing in one go. Those are my preferred classes though, so the others may have that balance. It depends on which two you value the most. The closest thing I found was a Monk I saw.

That is my opinion on the balance of those 3 abilities, so pick whichever and don't be afraid to go with something else or even drop them entirely for another selection of talents.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
its not letting me get there, got any tips?
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Druid
IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE GAME AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED:
---> OR HAVE NOT REACHED LEVEL 60 YET

Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? It really does not matter for having a pet.

Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? Either or, as long as it looks sick!

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you!
I have spent years on Runescape. After that ended horrid, I moved on to guild wars 2 didnt really like that too much, mainly because all my friends that I bought the game with out leveled me while i was stuck at work. Diablo 3 was really fun. I still enjoy jumping in a random game every now and then. Most recently I was playing Dragons Nest.
Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?
Self heals are fine, but are not the most sought after abilities.
Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces?
I would be fine with either.
Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat?
Mow them down and ask questions later
Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe?
Im not super comfortable with the front lines, but not watching over the group. I would place myself as more of a 2nd lines person.

Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? It will be mostly solo, and most likely all solo.

Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already?
I have not read all the classes, I jumped in and picked druid. It was ok at first, but I got tired of channeling abilities, maybe im playing it wrong. After that im looking to switch.

Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history.
If I really get into the game like I hope to, lore would be something of interest.

Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to).

Not so much

Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down.

If they have on armor. it seems they are pretty much covered.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/20/2010 06:26 AMPosted by Harlan
I got Shaman, the one class I have never been able to get above 30 or so.
Do you know I actually remember gettin bogged down at 30 something. It was a long time ago and levelling was a whole different ballgame.

Ice, I love you
Ice I don't
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]