Applying Updates stuck at 0%?

90 Troll Druid
Just logged on and the launcher seemed to apply new patch (4.0.3) than when it tries to apply the updates, it get stuck at 0%?

Any reason for this?

Plz help
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try hitting Control+Alt+Delete on your computer. Make sure none of these are running in the Processes tab:

WoW.exe
Launcher.exe
BackgroundDownloader.exe
Repair.exe
WowError.exe

If any of those are running, try ending the task. The patch should continue afterward
Account and Technical Services || I am available 6:45AM-3:45PM Pacific
Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
<a href="http://www.surveymk.com/s/RZRWLCB" target="_new">http://www.surveymk.com/s/RZRWLCB</a> < Show me you love me!
The word lethologica describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
Edited by Jessicalu on 11/17/2010 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The only one of those processes running that I could find is Launcher.exe -- but exiting that also exits the updater... I'm pretty sure that process is supposed to be running.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The only one of those processes running that I could find is Launcher.exe -- but exiting that also exits the updater... I'm pretty sure that process is supposed to be running.

Same here mine is downloading something but it doesnt show any progress on the bar
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I'm having the same problem. Download is stuck at 11GB remaining but is consistently downloading data. When I go into connection info I can watch the downloaded number continue to grow, however the completed is stuck at 179 MB out of 10.4 GB. I am currently showing 8.5 GB downloaded, but completed is the same. This is the third time I have downloaded the game client from Battle.net and it installs but gets stuck at the same point in the update process. Oh I'm updating from 4.0.0.12911, the version you get with the game client download from Battle.net, to 4.0.3a. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning it will have jumped and finished downloading/installing :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
same problem<
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
So what happens I shut it down? I fianlly had to go to bed and it's still at the same spot it was at when I went to bed. I don't leave my laptop it goes with me and I don't want to transport it turned on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]