Trap Launcher Macro

85 Night Elf Hunter
I am wanting to do a macro to just press the one button when i need to instead of pressing trap launcher and then the trap i want.

So far I have
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast Explosive Trap

I have to click the botton twice to get the targetting reticule to come up in order to place the trap, is there a way to get it so I just press the button once, and the target reticule comes up for me to launch the trap.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I wish they had something like

/cast [Explosive Trap] Trap Launcher (or some derivative thereof)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Since it is technically 2 separate abilities, I don't think there is a way to get around this. Like with any /castsequence or /cast macro, it can only call 1 spell/ability forward at a time. I'm only kinda okay with macros though, so maybe someone knows a trick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
/castsequence reset =15 Trap Launcher, ! Ice Trap

Replace Ice Trap with whatever trap you want to cast, and press the button twice to launch the trap. This is currently the only way to macro Trap Launcher. The wording of the macro spell ID handling update gave me hope that it would be properly macro-able, but that was just a huge disappointment.

Still clunky, still takes two GCDs to launch a trap.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
Would that still work with a modifier? Like if I wanted to hit shift+whatever to make it a snake trap or ctrl+whatever for explosive?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I really think blizzard should really just make each trap a ranged shooter type thing. Explosive launch, Ice launch, Frost launch, immolating launch, snake launch... that way it gets rid of all "double button tapping", "awkward feeling" etc. This would diminish nearly all complaints and it inst that difficult to create compared to what blizzard has done in the past. It's just a minor change; making 5 separate spells instead of 5 spells that are reactants for the main spell. Do it Blizzard....
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
I really think blizzard should really just make each trap a ranged shooter type thing. Explosive launch, Ice launch, Frost launch, immolating launch, snake launch... that way it gets rid of all "double button tapping", "awkward feeling" etc. This would diminish nearly all complaints and it inst that difficult to create compared to what blizzard has done in the past. It's just a minor change; making 5 separate spells instead of 5 spells that are reactants for the main spell. Do it Blizzard....

pretty much this. make them all work like the old Ice trap launcher.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
/castsequence reset =15 Trap Launcher, ! Ice Trap

Replace Ice Trap with whatever trap you want to cast, and press the button twice to launch the trap. This is currently the only way to macro Trap Launcher. The wording of the macro spell ID handling update gave me hope that it would be properly macro-able, but that was just a huge disappointment.

Still clunky, still takes two GCDs to launch a trap.

What is the function of the ! in this macro? Would it not work the same way without it? Also why 15 for the reset? I have seen variations that use 2 instead.

I ask because I have not used any of them and need to set them up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
15 is the duration of Trap Launcher, therefore you don't recast Trap Launcher until it's gone. Although if you do this and for some reason launch a different trap, your macro will be locked out for the remainder of those 15 seconds (unless you reset it)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
After testing the basic
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast Explosive Trap
macro last night, I believe it's better to use 2 separate buttons. About half the time, the macro didn't work as intended. It would often use 10 Focus both times it was pressed - both the first to activate Trap Launcher, and the 2nd when I activated Explosive Trap. It would also occasionally just not activate TL and set the Explosive Trap at my feet, or set it at my feet even with TL activated.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
#showtooltip Explosive Trap
/castsequence reset=14 !Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap(Fire)

2 things need to be in order....
-The actual trap needs to be on a hotbar somewhere.
-You have to make sure to use the (Fire) tag or (Ice) at the end of the trap.

Tested it and it works. Takes 2 clicks but its solid.
Just replace the trap for the one you want.
Enjoy~
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
that macro fails hard. All trap launcher ones seem to, I agree with Kirea, best option seems to keybind the two separate functions as of now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Nothing it too feasible, but there is one macro that works like a few people have stated.. it does require you to hit the same key twice, but it only uses initial focus, not twice like some macros.

/castsequence reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap

you can change the trap and the reset timer.. I just prefer 3 seconds or even 2 as to not bind my launcher up forever.. Just tap the same button once for trap launcher, then again to initiate the trap you selected in the macro. Only 20 focus will be used, unless you wait beyond the 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warrior

This will ONLY happen after an effective macro has been created (or a mod) that utterly destroys the "intended" functionality of trap launcher (ie, not functional at all).
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I cant mention the times i've accidentally dropped CCtarp at my feet.... as the buff on trap launcher faded ;_;
Reply Quote
35 Undead Rogue
They should just do away with trap launcher and make traps launch... maybe increase the global cooldown a bit to make up for it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
even easier../cast Trap Launcher
/cast Ice Trap... still have to double click but its easier then that reset =15 crap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]