Which bg do you guys like best, WSG or Isle?

80 Blood Elf Mage
What exactly makes it in your view the better on?
When played like they are supposed to be played which flows better?
I think Isle and Strand are sparks of brilliance from Blizzard due to the fact that they are actually warcraft in a certain extent meanwhile wsg is merely a simple CTF game where you run a flag though a fairly small map.
Mean while you can force a turtle bomb the enemy gates, commit to a siege in a battle ground I like Isle much better. The issue is people often don't know what to do and that sometimes is disheartening. But rated bgs should rectify that I hope.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I wish they would take everything out but WSG and AB and just add some more maps with those same game modes. I get bored with everything else. Ironically I dont find enough PvP in the rest.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
A varied line up is good I think. Can't have too much of the same thing. Burn out occurs ,uch faster that way. They could however also vary up some the rules in a bg as well.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
WSG & AB
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
WSG & AB

this... and maybe EOTS

everything else is just LOLZERG

rated bgs cannot happen soon enough
Reply Quote
WSG, AB, and EotS are the only PvP BGs

AV is PvE

Strand and Isle are PvV

The latter 3 are honestly in an awful state currently as far as how they're played.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Few pugs ever get the maxim ST= fail. Unless your team is good ST is a fail pit.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I dont like IoC because everything is to spread out, and with such a large raid group and so many different things going on its tough to feel like I as an individual is contributing a lot to the battle.

WSG can sometimes feel like a 10v10 arena battle, but at least it fits the definition of PvP better, instead of some of the other BGs which offer nice variety, but break down into Player versus Vehicle, Player versus Tower, or Player versus Raid boss. (ALL of which IoC is guilty of)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
RED
WSG. Pv-Vehicles is lame-o.
Reply Quote
83 Human Warlock
AV > EotS > IoC > AB > WSG > SotA...

While that is not exactly my "favorite" order as far as the BGs themselves are concerned, that is pretty much my preference based on the way they are now.

AV - turtles! Turtles in AV are the closest thing available to what AV was. Epic battles. Fun.
EotS - does not suffer the GY camping issues that AB does, although it suffers the bot issues.
IoC - there can be awesome fights in this BG. Like AV, having a few afkbots is not as detrimental.
AB - afkbots and GY camping can make this pointless.
WSG - suffers the worst from afkbots and GY camping, often leading to taking deserter because it will be over sooner.
SotA - should be a best of three. As is, too many people bail.

BfG will be no better than AB. TP will be better than WSG, but basically fall into the same issues as AB/BfG.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Rated BGs are not going to apply (most likely) to IoC and AV, so that is moot.

I have never liked AV, and when people say "epic battles" all I hear is "I wanna run in, hit as many damaging abilities as I can before I die then respawn and do it again!" I find it horribly, horribly boring.

WSG and AB are the purest of the PvP BGs, with EotS a close third. They benefit the most from team work and tactics.

WSG: Defense vs Offense. Hold the middle vs all in.

AB: Defense, Offense, Push, Pull, skirmish groups. GREAT!

EotS: Towers vs Flag. Pushing vs Pulling.

And camping? that is part of it, I am afraid. As long as they do not unfairly extend the game, but just keep you hemmed in while they win the game as quickly as possible.

Strands? It is ok. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

Reply Quote
83 Human Warlock
Rated BGs are not going to apply (most likely) to IoC and AV, so that is moot.

10 man - WSG, BfG, TP
15 man - AB, EotS, SotA

I have never liked AV, and when people say "epic battles" all I hear is "I wanna run in, hit as many damaging abilities as I can before I die then respawn and do it again!" I find it horribly, horribly boring.

If that is what it were, then it would be little more than a FPS and I could see it being boring. When I think of "epic battles", I think of fighting for position on the map. I think of trying to get the high ground. I think of the melee front being healed by the healers in the back with the ranged DPS in the middle. There are flanking maneuvers. Suicide charges by particular classes to disrupt their ranks and allow the other side to gain ground. I think of stealthers trying to move in to the back ranks to take out the healers. I think of the feinting an attack in one direction to move in another. I think of lulling the opposing team into thinking they are gaining ground, when all you are doing is moving into a better position to kill them so you can advance. When I mention "epic battles" with AV... I mean "epic battles."

And camping? that is part of it, I am afraid. As long as they do not unfairly extend the game, but just keep you hemmed in while they win the game as quickly as possible.

No doubt it is a good strat to win, and there is a world of difference between the 5-cap in AB or 4-cap in EotS...and camping the GY after a single flag capture for 20 minutes in WSG. It is the extended farming that is the issue more than anything else.

If it is going to be a case that the game turns into a camped GY... should not victory be declared more rapidly? In AB, if you have 5-capped and are camping..it does not take long for the game to end. If the same applied to WSG, IoC, SotA, etc... just saying.
Reply Quote
83 Human Warlock
WSG, AB, and EotS are the only good BG's. I'm confident that the Cataclysm BG's will be good also.

BfG and TP are just "Arena" versions of AB and WSG. Instead of fixing LoS issues in current BGs, they made new BGs that cater to the pillar hiding mentality of Arena.

Not to offer too much disdain there, since it is not something I have done nor will do - and I do give credit to those that are good at it because they deserve the credit for the work they put into being good at it... it still reminds me a little too much of a toddler and his mother playing peek-a-boo.

Lol - "Peek-a-boo, I pew pew you!"
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Kincayd,

You sound like a chap that prefers Napoleonic warfare over modern skirmish warfare :P

I will hide behind a rock when I can, hell if I am going to stand in a line shoulder to shoulder :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I do not prefer how they implemented siege in isle or strand, so wsg. That being said I like how siege works out in the world pvp other than siege HP being too low and sides being imbalanced numbers. Both of which they appear to have addressed in cataclysm.
Edited by Ïóèéòï on 11/17/2010 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]