As a paladin that has been ret since 2005...

80 Human Paladin
It's pretty lame to have to spec prot to not be completely useless in PVP. Ret is far too squishy, reliant on Avenging Wrath, Zealotry is garbage (but will just be mediocre once the holy power requirement is removed), and the shift to more physical damage over holy damage just makes prot even more attractive with the majority of prot's damage being holy.

So yeah, buff ret plox, I want to take this sword and board off.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I might have to give Prot another whirl again. A friend and myself wanted to get into Arena at 85, and with the way things are being reported, Ret ain't that great when the majority of its offense is dispellable and killing a target depends on the use of wings in most cases, which happens to be dispellable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I solve the problem by keeping healbots nearby lol.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I solve the problem by keeping healbots nearby lol.

I am thinking of becoming said healbot :o
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

BE MY HOLY COW <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've been doing fine in pvp, the only thing is, as prot i can just spin in circles and spam CS-WoG-CS-WoG-CS with my eyes closed and beat every rogue/war/dk.

As ret it's a little more complicated.

Well see at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

BE MY HOLY COW <3

must... resist... the lawbster....

I've been doing fine in pvp, the only thing is, as prot i can just spin in circles and spam CS-WoG-CS-WoG-CS with my eyes closed and beat every rogue/war/dk.

As ret it's a little more complicated.

Well see at 85.

Yeah, everything will change for sure. I'm a fan of prot pvp, and with the way Ret is at 85, I bet prot may become a tad bit more viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I mainly pvp as holy now, but when I do pvp as ret I find that in one on one situations I can win almost every time.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I mainly pvp as holy now, but when I do pvp as ret I find that in one on one situations I can win almost every time.

This is true. I only seem to have trouble with Shadow priests mainly. Everything else is either killable or we give up trying to kill each other.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I am digging Ret pvp. It's not broken.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I like ret PVP, with the caveat that I gave up some damage for survivability. You can't go max damage, fellas, and expect to survive without aforementioned healbot---sorry.
Reply Quote
Ever since i went prot, i want to keep the sword and board.

having 2 dps with a healer on me and LOL'ing while i outheal there dps.

My favorite is when a rogue hops on me and there dmg to me is so minuscule i can go afk and check the forums.

I think prot in pvp at 85 will be fun, with the nerf to poti it will open up more points in ret for pursuit of justice and rule of law. The lack of a cleanse sucks but its nothing i cant deal with.

As for ret pvp 1v1 is great considering our burst with wings and hammer, in rated bg's i dont see ret sucking considering you will most likely have healers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]