Loremaster of Outlands Broken?

67 Orc Shaman
I have finished all bar 1 quest in Hellfire Peninsular, including npc drops and will be 4 short of getting the 90 quests required for the zone achievement. The issue is with the removal of the excellent Mag'har quest chain without adjusting the zone achievement requirement. As far as I can see unless Blizzard reduce the required quests by the same number they removed from the zone the Loremaster of Outlands is no longer achievable.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Oh, they removed the Maghar stuff? Was that just a recent change with the cataclysm stuff?

They definitely need to adjust that for horde if they've taken out those quests.
Reply Quote
The hellfire quests you need start from a drop in Shadowmoon Valley. You need to build the key to get into the level 70 dungeon (Shattered Halls? it's been a while). You need to kill a Fel Reaver (yup the 80 foot tall ones) later on to forge the key.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
There are still 93ish quests available to Horde toons in HFP even with the Thrall-dependent Mag'har quests removed. It does make it tight but it is certainly still possible.

I recommend the EveryQuest mod for checking which quests you can still do.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
It's likely the Mag'har chain got broken when Thrall migrated to Nagrand. If I remember correctly, one of those quests is to go report back to Thrall to tell him is people are alive and in Outland.

There's a similar issue with the "For the Alliance" achievement right now too because Thrall isn't there. I'd hold out until they settle him into his new home and hope that everything gets properly adjusted after that.

For reference, though, the NPC the guy above me is http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22037. The drops the "Primed Key Mold" which starts the Shattered Halls key quest but it might count as a SMV quest, not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
There's a similar issue with the "For the Alliance" achievement right now too because Thrall isn't there. I'd hold out until they settle him into his new home and hope that everything gets properly adjusted after that.

It's actually going to be interesting to see how they resolve this anachronistic timeline. The early horde quests that require going to 'the Warchief' - once Thrall, now Garrosh - are redirected to Garrosh, which works out fine, but given that Outland and Northrend are set after your initial adventures in EK/Kalimdor, yet are 'frozen in time' for leveling players (ie the Burning Legion and the Lich King are still a threat to leveling players as they were in 2006/2008), it wouldn't make any sense for you to report back to Garrosh to say 'sup, your tribe is fine', then advance a couple of levels and accept quests from Not-Yet-Warchief Garrosh - a chief of the very tribe you just visited and then reported to the leader of in order to herald their own survival - in Nagrand. I suspect that questlines that go backwards in time such as these will simply be phased out, and the requirements of loremaster for the affected zones lowered.
Reply Quote
67 Orc Shaman
I'd thought about the possibility of the Shattered Halls key chain but had no idea where the quests would count. I did the chain on my warrior some time back and recollect the trick to soloing it is to pull the reaver into those aoe'ing npc's just outside Thrallmar.
A trip to SMV may be on the cards before I get stuck into Northrend.

Thanks for the posts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]