4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

85 Dwarf Mage
4.0.3a is on the PTR, and I was wondering what was being implemented and what wasn't. I could find bits and pieces spread out across the forums, but no central source of information. So, I intend to make a compilation thread of everything that is and isn't going into the new patch, so people can know what to expect, and hopefully we can cut down on needless threads asking what is and is not going into it.

If there is already a source of information on this that I have missed, inform me, and ill link to it, and just let this thread die. If not, post everything you think is a significant change that people may ask about, and I'll keep it as up-to-date as possible.

What is not in:
  • Creating worgen/goblin characters

• Worgen/Goblin start zones

• Archeology

• Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)

• Guild leveling

• Guild achievements

• Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight

• New Zones (80+)

What is in:
  • Portals in Dalaran Removed

• Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were

• New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)

• Race Changing to new class combinations

• New Gnome/Troll starting areas

• Changes to existing zones

• New cata load screens

• New cata intro cinematic

• New cata login screen

• New music

• City Quartermasters, with rep tabards

• Bug fixes

• Class balancing

• Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset

• Threads pertaining to specific class changes
    • Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083748522

• Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268042

• Priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268135

• Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%

• New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for exsisting pet classes. Complete list here thanks to www.wow-petopia.com:
    http://www.wow-petopia.com/cataclysm/newlooks.html)

• A steam powered auctioneer, similar to the engineering only one in the Like Clockwork store, has been added next to the justice point vendors in Dalaran. They are now usable by all non-engineers.

• Some mounts, mini-pets, and other items are being removed: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=27291810112

Altho probably not intended, the elemental invasion event is active on the PTR. IF is still bugged in the same way as on live, where no elementals spawn. In Stormwind, tha changes to the city make the even impossible. No sandbags can be placed in the park, as it has been demolished. Also, the primary event quest giver is in the exact same spot in live, which is now under 20 feet of stone. he is /tar-able, but not able to be interacted with.
Edited by Sammew on 11/22/2010 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
New Music as well.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
No guild achievements or leveling, which is pretty disappointing. Throw players a bone and give them something to do until December 7th.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
In fact, it's probably just easier to say that it has everything in it that Cataclysm does minus flying, 80-85 Content, new guild stuff, archaeology, and the new races.
Edited by Renôs on 11/17/2010 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well dailies just got a lot more of a PITA, though at this point I guess it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Old world flight won't be until Cata hits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The invasion events keep going so at least there's still something to do till the 7th. Oooh and the new cooking dailies are there to do as well. Get a headstart on collecting those cooking awards.
Edited by Amella on 11/17/2010 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
The invasion events keep going so at least there's still something to do till the 7th.

Do they? I heard they didn't but I would be very pleased if they did.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
And when this patch will be launched???
Reply Quote

I'm showing an 11.23% chance this patch will launch before thanksgiving.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

I think next week. I would assume that this patch is probably the largest patch ever launched by blizzard and they would want atleast 2 weeks to iron out the bugs so that the Cata launch will go smoothly.
Edited by Renôs on 11/17/2010 6:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
Blizzard said shortly after 4.0.3, so my guess is it will be launched for the 6th yr WoW anniversary event which starts Nov 30th. It would be the perfect time to launch it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The invasion events keep going so at least there's still something to do till the 7th.

Do they? I heard they didn't but I would be very pleased if they did.

Ya im on the ptr for 4.0.3a and they're still there, they could also take them off as well but I think it'll keep going till the release since Deathwing will still be wreaking havoc.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
What is in:

Portals in Dalaran Removed

Here's where I'm confused. Back when this was first announced, I read that mage ports to Dal/Shatt were what was being taken out.

Am I reading this wrong or are they seriously removing the portals to Org, UC, etc from Dalaran? If that IS what they're doing, does that mean we'll be able to train illustrius grand master stuff in places like Org?
Edited by Ferallyn on 11/17/2010 6:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What is in:

Portals in Dalaran Removed

Here's where I'm confused. Back when this was first announced, I read that mage ports to Dal/Shatt were what was being taken out.

Am I reading this wrong or are they seriously removing the portals to Org, UC, etc from Dalaran? If that IS what they're doing, does that mean we'll be able to train illustrius grand master stuff in places like Org?

They are taking the main city portals from dalaran and shattrath and all the profession trainers in the main cities train to the highest rank.
Reply Quote
The elemntal invasion in SW is bugged. None of the sandbags can be placed in the Park, because the park is gone.

lol, nice. Hope they fix that....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Any changes to Silvermoon/Exodar/Quel'danas?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]