4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

100 Worgen Warlock
So, can we paid race-change as well when the patch hits?

We still do not know. A Blue will have to respond, or we will have to wait untill the patch hits.

Lylirra posted last week to say that you can create new characters in the new race/class combos, but cannot race-change to them until Cata hits.

Edit to add link to Blue Post - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1015371759?page=1#6

Edited by Zivaltia on 11/19/2010 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is it that we are not able to use Archeaology before the exspansion? I thought it was really cool how you guys released Inscription last time and would love to have the opportunity to level it before the exspansion drops.
Using archeology before the expansion was something we talked about, but ended up adding everything about the profession to the "post sundered" world. Thus, you won't be able to use archeology before the sundering happens.

This sounds to me like Archeology is going to be available before Dec. 7th but after the sundering... atleast according to what was said on the Dev Chat yesterday
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
What about the Water?

Because in Live right now, it doesn't look complete compared to This video

http://www.youtube.com/v/jQqkpTNAnbQ&
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Not being able to fly in EK/Kalimdor until december 7th?

EWWWWWWWW That's going to be so awful

You've never been able to do it before, I don't see how this is an inconvenience.

With them removing the city portals for absolutely no real reason, damn right it's going to be an inconvenience.

I'm as happy with the concept of exploring the new world as anyone else, but not being able to actually have portals, while /also/ being unable to get around via flying, is going to be pretty garbage.

Why in the world did you feel Mages needed to be special again, incidentally?

Well why do you need to visit the cities? There are going to be Auction Houses in Dalaran.

People are complaining an awful lot about something so minuscule.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Other than bank alts, I have 3 dozen toons with a Darlaran Hearth. Many don't have flying, let alone CWF. Are they going to have to hoof it out of Dar?

The portals are up this week. Move your toons out now, at least the low-level ones who don't have a flight point Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord.

If you do have the flight point, you fly to BT/HF and you take a Zeppelin/Boat from there.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
This sounds to me like Archeology is going to be available before Dec. 7th but after the sundering... atleast according to what was said on the Dev Chat yesterday

Currently, on the PTR, archeology is not trainable. Until you or someone else shows me definitive proof that archeology will be available to all players sometime between the release of 4.0.3a and Cataclysm, the post will remain as is.

I know what youre saying, but from what the developers said in their chat yesterday it just seems odd how they phrased it... 'Yes it will be after the sundering' im not saying youre doing anything wrong sammew im just saying that its a little unclear what the Developers said.
Edited by Slimjim on 11/19/2010 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Haha. This thread is on the top of the list, front page of MMO-Champion, atm. :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'd like to know if racials are going to be updated any further before catacylsm, or the "racial update" that was talked about at blizzcon something that will will have to wait until after patch 4.1 or even further down the road.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Is this the patch that will also lower the required level for dual-spec to 30?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Will we get exp. for gathering herbs and mining nodes in 4.0.3a?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
@Gendenwitha Yes I was on my 24 warlock on the PTR yesterday and was getting about 400xp per mageroyal node id gather
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Will we get exp. for gathering herbs and mining nodes in 4.0.3a?

As of Patch 4.0.1, we already do.

@Sammew: Great post! Thanks so much for the hard work of compiling this information and filling us all in on what we can expect.

Edit: Actually, I do have a minor question... anyone know if Fandral's still hanging around Darnassus, or if the night elves finally kicked him to the curb?
Edited by Eirine on 11/20/2010 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
nooooooo, not my talents...I just set them xD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
What's not in: Race Changing to new class combinations

Sad day... :(
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
s. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

What?! Again?! Damnit! I'm tired of re-doing my tree every year!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]