4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

80 Human Priest
Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

Best news I have had all week. Should make leveling alts much easier :)
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Shaman
No guild achievements or leveling, which is pretty disappointing. Throw players a bone and give them something to do until December 7th.

If you can't find something to do in an MMO with two expansions, four continents and ten classes then maybe you're just bored with the game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
No guild achievements or leveling, which is pretty disappointing. Throw players a bone and give them something to do until December 7th.

If you can't find something to do in an MMO with two expansions, four continents and ten classes then maybe you're just bored with the game.

I think what a lot of people mean, at the current moment, is that there aren't a lot of people interested in continuing ICC (especially if they've got Kingslayer already), so getting a group going isn't easy on a lot of servers, and everyone's waiting for the new zones and races to level new characters.

That kinda just leaves PvP and the Cata intro event, and so far the most action in the intro event has been the city invasions, which everyone's done several times by now and they're waitin' for more to happen. It's the lull between expansions when you're ready to start the new content but it's not out yet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I like how our beloved El Presidente prioritized building a bigass statue of himself in his castle over rebuilding the Stormwind Park.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.

Hey Zar,

Is there any chance that the ports can stay in Dal until Cata's launch? I've got an alt who is still questing and doing Dailies in Northrend, but likes to get back to the AH. I'd be surprised if I'm alone in this concern. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I think the AH is accessible via Shatt and Dal, IIRC.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin

THANK GOD. So sick of that annoying sindragosa screeching everytime I forget to mute the speakers when I start up the game.

...of course I'll quickly get annoyed at Deathwing too, but change at last!

Hopefully one of these days a patch will be introduced that lets us choose which login screen we want.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for posting this, I had been searching for this information!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Can you PLEASE explain (Blizzard) why you are making 71-80 require 20% LESS experience.

You have been doing A LOT of pushing over the last year. Basically, making players get to level 70-80 FASTER. WHY???

I have heard that you "want all players to get to the end game and experience the glory of all the raids, dungeons and end game pvp" This is all fine and dandy, but understand this..

EVERYONE will eventually get to end game. Why make it faster? We already have the VOCAL MINORITY whining and RUSHING all the time past 90% of the games content.

You should be making 20%-50% MORE EXPERIENCE required. SLOW IT DOWN. When a player takes their time to enjoy the entire game and has millions of amazing moments, they become skilled and prepared for end game content.

By catering to RUSHERS you are, in essence, CREATING more unprepared, sucky players.

Though you might not realize this by ONLY listening to those on the forums, the MAJORITY of players ARE NOT RUSHERS. They actually ENJOY playing the game the WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED. They do not skip through quest text and use 100 addons to make things easier. They enjoy exploring, enjoy lore, and enjoy each and every quest and experience.

THE MINORITY wants to rush and skip everything just to get to 80 and feel special, NOT THE MAJORITY. So why are you continuing to cater to rushers and people that could care less about the gameworld and only care about "leveling" and "being 80"??

Cater to the PLAYERS, not the "levelers" - PLEASE

PS- I am glad to hear that pvp and pve in cataclysm is a bit harder and requires more skill. Ive been waiting for SKILL to be more important than TIME SPENT for years. Finally, skill has returned.

Now if the RPG part of WOW the mmorpg will return as well, millions of us will be VERY HAPPY.

<Just look around and notice how many level 80s are "bored" or "grinding" or "farming" or say they have nothing to do. LOL, these are the rushers, because EVERYONE ELSE has MILLIONS of things to do, whether they have played 3mos or 6 years>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I think the AH is accessible via Shatt and Dal, IIRC.

Yes. In addition to class trainers being added to Shattrath and Dalaran, auctioneers are also being added.
Reply Quote
81 Human Death Knight
Can you PLEASE explain (Blizzard) why you are making 71-80 require 20% LESS experience.

You have been doing A LOT of pushing over the last year. Basically, making players get to level 70-80 FASTER. WHY???

I have heard that you "want all players to get to the end game and experience the glory of all the raids, dungeons and end game pvp" This is all fine and dandy, but understand this..

EVERYONE will eventually get to end game. Why make it faster? We already have the VOCAL MINORITY whining and RUSHING all the time past 90% of the games content.

You should be making 20%-50% MORE EXPERIENCE required. SLOW IT DOWN. When a player takes their time to enjoy the entire game and has millions of amazing moments, they become skilled and prepared for end game content.

By catering to RUSHERS you are, in essence, CREATING more unprepared, sucky players.

Though you might not realize this by ONLY listening to those on the forums, the MAJORITY of players ARE NOT RUSHERS. They actually ENJOY playing the game the WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED. They do not skip through quest text and use 100 addons to make things easier. They enjoy exploring, enjoy lore, and enjoy each and every quest and experience.

THE MINORITY wants to rush and skip everything just to get to 80 and feel special, NOT THE MAJORITY. So why are you continuing to cater to rushers and people that could care less about the gameworld and only care about "leveling" and "being 80"??

Cater to the PLAYERS, not the "levelers" - PLEASE

PS- I am glad to hear that pvp and pve in cataclysm is a bit harder and requires more skill. Ive been waiting for SKILL to be more important than TIME SPENT for years. Finally, skill has returned.

Now if the RPG part of WOW the mmorpg will return as well, millions of us will be VERY HAPPY.

<Just look around and notice how many level 80s are "bored" or "grinding" or "farming" or say they have nothing to do. LOL, these are the rushers, because EVERYONE ELSE has MILLIONS of things to do, whether they have played 3mos or 6 years>

100% agreed! It's the journey to endgame that I enjoy the most, not the endgame itself.

-Dj
"Mordrid"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Can we please get guild levelling and achievements in this patch? :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

Hey Zar,

Is there any chance that the ports can stay in Dal until Cata's launch? I've got an alt who is still questing and doing Dailies in Northrend, but likes to get back to the AH. I'd be surprised if I'm alone in this concern. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Pretty sure the engineer only AH is opening to everyone. Don't know for sure though since PTR is down.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Whats not in:
New Zones (80+)
What is in
(Gilenas is not working)

Hyjal is in on PTR 4.0.3a. You cannot travel there(no flying, and taxi quest not implemented) but you can view it with Far Sight(shaman).

Gilneas tabard was awarding me rep on ptr. I solo'd stocks to view changes with tabard equipped, and properly received rep.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Does 4.0.3a also introduce Old World flying or is that a Cata exclusive thing?

Edit: I must have read over that in the original post, my bad.
Edited by Timôn on 11/18/2010 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
They obviously don't want Dalaran to be the main city anymore. They've said they wanted Shattrath and Dalaran to only be for people leveling through that content now. So expect Stormwind and Orgrimmar to return to being the main cities now.

EDIT: Was trying to reply to a comment. I fail at quoting :(
Edited by Frozebeard on 11/18/2010 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm hoping Deathy is finally home from rehab...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Whats not in:

Archeology

boo. Was really hoping that would be like Inscription, where you could get it without the relevant expansion.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
also one point that was not brought up is that Gilneas (the ruins of Gilneas) can be viewed and entered from Silverpine Forrest!

This is is the only "new" zone the shattering brings, however it contains no major quests or baddies more just a nice pretty zone you can run around in..and to keep lore in place after Wargens leave their starting instanced version it might also be a place that if the Battle for Gilneas battleground is in Cata a portal to it will be placed (which hopefully will add a portal from SW to the area would be nice!)

It would be nice in future updates if this area was fleshed out a bit more, maybe down the road making it an actual city. But they most likely did not do that for now. to not empty out Stormwind! :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

There is a point in here that I do understand. You had to work for the achievement and honor of being 80, and you think others should as well.

I'd posit that, however, almost the entirety of the playerbase who bought WotLK have also achieved this goal. We've had 2 years to play through that content while it was still relevant. I've done it on 5 toons. I've seen enough of that storyline to be very familiar with it and to have enjoyed it. The scenery is still gorgeous.

However, in a few days, when the Shattering occurs, and everyone buys Cataclysm, that content will become like old level 60 content or old BC content - equally irrelevant. The stories are still there for those who wish to play through them, but the majority of the play will be in the new zones. Blizzard understands that most of us have many alts we enjoy playing and we want to be able to experience what they've been working hard on for the last several years, and they're helping us be able to do it by lowering a major barrier to that - the leveling grind. They've done it with every expansion, and particularly as more and more levels separate a newly started character from the new content, these changes are very much necessary.

It does not diminish what you have accomplished on your character to have others spend a few less hours grinding in now-irrelevant portion of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]