4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

84 Orc Hunter
Yay new pets!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Monkeyfoxdog? I'm excited! Looks like my top priority for 4.0.3a -> Dec 7th is finding and taming them. After that, who knows? Probably should move all my 80s out of Dalaran BEFORE it becomes a pain. Exploring the areas affected by the Cataclysm is a given.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Danke for the thread, i've grown tired of explaining to everyone whats coming and what isn't, now i just link em the thread ;p

And sammew, you're avatar is hawt, and thanks for the petopia link :D

edit: OMG WE CAN TAME A SEAGULL O.O
edit 2:.... it says chromaggus can be tamed too. O lord.
Edited by Moodath on 11/19/2010 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Crusader Tabard + 2x hearthstones means I'm not to worried... (Inscriptor)
Reply Quote
There's a...36% chance that it's already here!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for exsisting pet classes.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
cause a mage's portals have been deemed almost useless due to the portals in dal and the LFD system
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Death Knight
Is anyone else super hoping that this is released next week? I have Thanksgiving off and it would be a fine time to enjoy the new patch!
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warlock
Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%

So after the hundreds of posts I've read about The Shattering and Cataclysm, I never came across this.

I... AM... SO... HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have so many alts stuck at 68-70 because once I hit Borean I feel like I hit a reinforced brick wall.
Edited by Kupington on 11/19/2010 4:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Are the achievement changes in this patch?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
I heard *all* the cloth quartermasters were being removed.

Wow, it would be great to have confirmation of this. How can we get more rep with Alliance or Horde city factions without this? Buy a tabard? Yeah, that only works if you run instances, right? I'm about done doing that frankly, since I usually can't do it with a premade, and I'm just not into grouping with unknowns in the finder anymore after a few recent not so great experiences.

So I guess, what, nothing but low level questing to get exalted with cities on my alts?

Edit: and if it's true, lovely to be hearing about this just now, when there's not much time to do anything about it. Was this information published somewhere before?
Edited by Sylvaenys on 11/19/2010 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Any word on the talent changes? Talents for shaman being reset in the next patch have piqued my interest and the test realm patch notes do not appear to be up-to-date.
Reply Quote
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.

Is there any thred that explains what you guys are doing with shaman?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
You miss the justice point vendor in dalaran removed. ( i assume so people dont waste their justice points on him)
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm glad they are dumping the portals.

I hope the skies of Azeroth are filled with people flying around on their mounts in Cat.

Maybe it'll feel like a real MMORPG again, instead of everyone just porting to Dalaran and then jumping in and out of the city portals.

It kills the sense of community and immersion.

Wow has a great Community
Edited by Celtik on 11/19/2010 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Just in case anyone was wondering about access to the level 80+ zones, I was also curious and did some research, so here's the deal.

Uldum and Hyjal are actually surrounded by impassable mountains, although with Uldum the map is deceptive and it looks like there's a walking path into the zone - there isn't. Twilight Highlands is the same - it looks accessible, but there's a giant gate in the way. So, you either need to be able to fly, or you need to complete the entry quests (the "breadcrumbs") to grant you access, and those become available at the zone's respective level (Hyjal is 80, Uldum is 83, Twilight Highlands is 84). These are the only ground routes into the zones.

Deepholm is, of course, in the realm of earth and a map completely removed from the world as we know it, and you'll need to enter the Maelstrom to get in. The only way into the zone is to be the required level (82) and complete the quest "The Maelstrom" which is given in Stormwind/Orgrimmar by the shaman there at the Cataclysm portal hub.

Vash'jr can be accessed via clever use of water walking, path of frost, etc. and a normal epic mount, but the second that your zone changes to Vash'jr, you will be teleported to a small outpost with two booty bay bruisers and a ruined home. This little spot is on the shore on the ocean-side of the mountains west of Anvilmar, and it can only be accessed by running along the mountains from either Stormwind or Menethil Harbor.

I would imagine that if you somehow managed to gain access to any of the other zones via some illicit means (such as map hacking) you would find yourself teleported elsewhere for those as well. Good test - get too close to the gate leading into Twilight Highlands and you'll find yourself teleported back a few hundred yards.
Edited by Varnius on 11/19/2010 5:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]