4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

90 Dwarf Paladin
I thoroughly enjoy the game and the journey to end game... on my main. I try to do everything I can on this toon and see and explore everything and get the most out of what the Word offers. But on my alts? Sort of just want them to get to 80 (and soon 85) to be useful to the guild to fill needed roles and other raiding.

I like the speed leveling because it allows me to get the alts up fast and ready for endgame use... and you know, whether I see the content below level due to a higher level guy running me, or at level as designed, or as an extremely overpowered 85, I still get to see and experience everything. What does it matter what level you are if you truly want to see and do everything? If it's that big a deal, don't wear heirlooms, don't go and train new abilities all the time and don't dungeon crawl for gear... That should slow it down for you a little! ;-)

Edit: Forgot to mention thanks for the original post! Can't wait to start up my Dwarf Shammy and see the new Gnome starting area. That will surely fill my time until Cata. Nevermind the last minute grinds to get "The Exalted." And my Mage will surely love being a taxi again for some gold! Sure hope this goes live on the 23rd.
Edited by Kireffej on 11/19/2010 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Zarhym.

When 4.0.3a is released will that be the end of Zul'Gurub and the Zandalar Tribe?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A very interesting and informative post, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Blizzard said shortly after 4.0.3, so my guess is it will be launched for the 6th yr WoW anniversary event which starts Nov 30th. It would be the perfect time to launch it.

The 6th Anniversary is on the 23rd of November, not the 30th.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Portals in Dalaran Removed

That's making me seriously reconsider whether or not I still want to play this game. I don't miss 10-20 minute flights, just to catch a boat, and then have to take another 10 minute flight.

You may not be getting my $39.99 (or my 14.99/month) anymore once this change is made.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I personally cannot WAIT to roll a female gnome priest.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

That's making me seriously reconsider whether or not I still want to play this game. I don't miss 10-20 minute flights, just to catch a boat, and then have to take another 10 minute flight.

You may not be getting my $39.99 (or my 14.99/month) anymore once this change is made.

I don't get why people are upset about this... Once Cata hits, you won't be in Dalaran or Shattrath anymore, you'll be back in the main cities to get to where you're leveling or raiding... Dal and Shatt will just be for levelers, and their need for portals is gone with the inclusion of trainers in-city. The outcry makes no sense to me! You have a hearth, you can get the Argent Tourny tabard, drop some gold for the Dala port-ring and a couple other ways to get around as well, so this isn't a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

I don't get why people are upset about this... Once Cata hits, you won't be in Dalaran or Shattrath anymore, you'll be back in the main cities to get to where you're leveling or raiding... Dal and Shatt will just be for levelers, and their need for portals is gone with the inclusion of trainers in-city. The outcry makes no sense to me! You have a hearth, you can get the Argent Tourny tabard, drop some gold for the Dala port-ring and a couple other ways to get around as well, so this isn't a big deal.

It's most likely the fact that if they want to go to different cities now, they need to actually travel there. It won't be World of NeverLeaveACityCraft anymore.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
Hat
I still wanna know if I can change to a new race/class combo or if thats cata. =/ I know I can MAKE a new combo. But I wanna become a human/hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Do the new battlegrounds only have an 81-85 bracket, or is there a chance that we'll get those in the patch? It seems that (twin peaks at least) should have brackets all the way down to the 10's bracket like WSG (to give lowbies more choices).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Really? You're taking the portals out one to two weeks BEFORE Cataclysm is available? When Dalaran is STILL the central hub for end-game content? Why?
Edited by Sariisa on 11/19/2010 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
71 Orc Hunter
Will hearthstones be reset to home cities or toons moved to home cities automagically when 4.03a goes live?

Other than bank alts, I have 3 dozen toons with a Darlaran Hearth. Many don't have flying, let alone CWF. Are they going to have to hoof it out of Dar?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid

Really? You're taking the portals out one to two weeks BEFORE Cataclysm is available? When Dalaran is STILL the central hub for end-game content? Why?
And what end-game content do the portals lead to? Sheesh.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
One question. I know the new race/class combos are coming with 403a which means the paid race change affect this as well?. Tauren priest.....need I say more?? :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

In before people mention trainers and auction houses, which will be put in Dalaran at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Um... the portals have NEVER led to end-game content. However, until the new xpac is out, that's still where most people I know are spending time. Farming ICC, the weekly raid, daily quests, Wintergrasp... the portals are there because everyone was doing stuff in Northrend, and having to use a boat to get to the AH just didn't make a lot of sense.

Don't get me wrong... it's not bad that the portals are going away, really... it does make a lot of sense. But they're going away a week or two too soon. Unless there's a lot more to do in Azeroth (which, for a max-level character, there really won't be), I don't understand why they're going away early.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
It takes a week to hit max level if you do it slowly. If that's daunting to you I'd say that MMO's aren't really for you, but apparently the instant gratification crowd is who Blizzard has been pandering to the last two expansions.

Your argument is undermined by such extreme exaggerations. Sure, a power-leveler may be able to get to max level in 7 days /played, but playing 24/7 is not doing it slowly. People who only put in 10-20 hours a week take many months to reach max level.

For example, I started playing in BC and it took nine months to get to level 70. I've since introduced four other people to the game. In each case, family members got on my case for introducing them to the game because they spent so much time on it. Even so, it still took each of them approximately a year to get to level 80.
Edited by Gamlok on 11/19/2010 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
and having to use a boat to get to the AH just didn't make a lot of sense.

You're right, it doesn't. That's why you should read the post right above yours. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

When something like SW is under attack by horde, I like to be able to get there easily.

I like to be able to go back and solo old instances for stuff also.

I like to be able to get to various places in azeroth to where my alts are leveling to protect them.

When someone needs something blacksmithed and they can't get to Dalaran yet, I like to be able to get to them.

I like being able to get to Onyxia without a mage (is there some easier way?)

I could keep going, but it seems like these are going to become extremely tedious now. I don't suppose Shattrath still has portals...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]