thanks for fixing our heals..but what about.

80 Dwarf Priest
what about our 30 yard range spells. what about our mana regen. these are serious problems that need to be addressed before time runs out.

please blizzard dont make the first cata season lame for healing priests.

do you not think 30 yard range spells are a problem? and our mana regen?
Edited by Powerwordwtf on 11/17/2010 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
The +20% to heals just makes up for cutting more than half of the amount of spell power Inner Fire provides in a previous build.
Edited by Manjula on 11/17/2010 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
i wonder how shadows doing for pvp...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
What about... the priest whiners?

They are getting annoying right?

"Hey look we get buffs. QQ QQ QQ"

it's true!

for all the QQing pallies did, when they got their changes, they were like "ahh, thank you."

priests whine and complain, get changed, then find something new to whine and complain about.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Holy will have it's regen at 85 on par with other healing classes if they choose to pick up Archangel. That will give us a short CD healing buff and the ability(like other healers) to regain mana through attacks. It's coming, be patient.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Holy will have it's regen at 85 on par with other healing classes if they choose to pick up Archangel. That will give us a short CD healing buff and the ability(like other healers) to regain mana through attacks. It's coming, be patient.

Wasn't it calculated that you would be an absurdly high mana pool get a net gain of mana after casting 5 smites and only receiving back 5% total mana from Archangel?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

priests whine and complain, get changed, then find something new to whine and complain about.

that's what happens when there are a lot of things still wrong and only 1 problem out many are getting fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Wasn't it calculated that you would be an absurdly high mana pool get a net gain of mana after casting 5 smites and only receiving back 5% total mana from Archangel?

i believe it's at ~300,000 mana is the break even mark.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

that's what happens when there are a lot of things still wrong and only 1 problem out many are getting fixed.

i think there's a major disconnect between perceived problems and actual ones.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

i think there's a major disconnect between perceived problems and actual ones.

As someone mentioned it's the PvP problems that are more difficult to overcome then the PvE problems. I haven't done anything in beta my priest couldn't handle PvE wise, even if another class could have done it better.

In PvP there's not much I can do when I can't out heal a single DPS even when not being cced and have such crappy regen (in PvP gear) that I can actually run OOM spamming the efficient heal with OOC regen.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

Please know what you're talking about before you respond. On the current beta build archangel returns 1% mana per stack as opposed to lives 3% mana per stack. At this rate you would need an unreachable amount of mana in order to actually gain mana and offset the mana spent on smite to gather the stacks.

Edit for correction at 3% per stack on live. Must have been half awake when I said 5
Edited by Cynthesis on 11/17/2010 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The +20% to heals just makes up for cutting more than half of the amount of spell power Inner Fire provides in a previous build.
I don't think they ever reduced it, the datamined tooltips were just bugged to say it gave twice as much SP as it did. I specifically recall IF giving me half the SP that wowhead said it gave on the beta.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
What about... the priest whiners?

They are getting annoying right?

"Hey look we get buffs. QQ QQ QQ"

it's true!

for all the QQing pallies did, when they got their changes, they were like "ahh, thank you."

What good is 20% extra healing when we are constantly oom?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

Please know what you're talking about before you respond. On the current beta build archangel returns 1% mana per stack as opposed to lives 5% mana per stack. At this rate you would need an unreachable amount of mana in order to actually gain mana and offset the mana spent on smite to gather the stacks.

(It's 3%/stack on live.)

Are you taking into account the 18 seconds with +15% healing, also? I don't mean to say it's wrong, but everyone I've seen has focused solely on the mana itself, but there are two effects happening there. The +heal is devalued a fair amount from not affecting PWS, but the recent 20% buff to priest Heals and PoH is a significant consideration, also.

Granted, there's still the issue of actually casting five Smites, but Smite scales with spell power at a considerably higher rate than Heal does. The question is then more "at what gear level is it better to Smite than to Heal, given that Atonement has targets to heal?" and I think the answer to that is pretty low, even with only a 5% return on Archangel, since Smite will easily yield a higher HPS than Heal with an even higher HPM due to the return of mana, in addition to 18 seconds with +15% to normal healing. This, however, assumes that Archangel is used for efficient healing, rather than mana regeneration as AA was originally advertised. I see this as more of an issue of clarity on the developers' parts than an actual issue.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

What good is 20% extra healing when we are constantly oom?

it's almost like a 20% bonus to throughput will allow you to use your more mana efficient heals more often or something!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]