thanks for fixing our heals..but what about.

100 Blood Elf Priest
Why are we even talking about pve concerns. PvE is fine for the most part besides some additional mana balacing between classes and continuing to reduce widespread aoe dmg to make single target heals more appealing.

The real concern and what people with good reason complaining about is PvP. Single target heal buffs actually make both specs viable tank healers now. But with the way pvp works, neither spec has the mana to sit their casting spells and both specs tank ability was reduced while not giving any real way to escape damage. These plus other factors add up to Priests getting murdered in pvp. ATM, mana really isn't even the issue because priests don't live long enough for it to matter yet. Also as others have said, because of spending all our time trying to keep ourselves up and not being able to kite, we have lost the offensive role that has defined priest pvp. Many suggestions have been submitted, but if they want any healing priests to pvp, major changes need to be made.
Edited by Taihou on 11/19/2010 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Why are we even talking about pve concerns. PvE is fine for the most part besides some additional mana balacing between classes and continuing to reduce widespread aoe dmg to make single target heals more appealing.

I liked the widespread AOE damage. it made things fast-paced and created more of a sense of danger and needing to act quickly. If raid damage is so low that it can be dealt with using single target heals I think a lot of that fun and excitement will be gone. I thought the best fight in WOTLK was Mimiron hard mode and I can't imagine a fight like that existing in this healing model which I personally consider a huge, huge loss.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

not to be the bearer of bad news, but if you don't like slower-paced healing the healing in Cata is going to be rough for you.

Yeah I'm trying to decide what is worse because I don't find DPS very interesting either, but I have a lot invested in this character. I do hope in the long run this design is more unpopular then they expected and they make some adjustments to bring the number of available healers back up. :(
Edited by Elliora on 11/19/2010 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/17/2010 7:04 AMPosted by Powerwordwtf
what about our 30 yard range spells. what about our mana regen. these are serious problems that need to be addressed before time runs out.

please blizzard dont make the first cata season lame for healing priests.

do you not think 30 yard range spells are a problem? and our mana regen?

I believe healing spells are 30 yards because it opens up our DPS casters to more CC's and closer melee combat in arena/BGs. And we could use our Life Grip every 2 minutes to remind them to get closer to us for heals right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]