MW vs Resto druid (10m)

90 Troll Druid
My guild believes that resto druid > mw monk for 10m. I'm not 100% sure which is better assuming both had the legendary cloak (chi-ji).

Of your guy's opinion, which performs better in 10m paired with a hpally?

I prefer to play my monk, but if resto druid is far better I will play it for the sake of my guild and play my monk in my off time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Depends on the PoV you're looking for. Resto druids will most likely provide more raid healing overall due to the recent overhaul our toolkit got. Mistweavers will do a lot more damage.

Both are extremely viable in 10m. You'll hear answers either way, but what it comes down to is where you need the utility. Are you lacking in raid heals? Druid. Are you needing a damage boost? Mistweaver.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We are searching for a third healer and we already have a Hpally. So its possible we could obtain a resto druid down the line, or something else.

I think in my opinion a disc priest would suit better with a mistweaver/hpally but thats getting off topic.

Its hard to say, I dont think we need raid healing, but we raided tonight with a pugged holy priest who was more geared & performed slightly better. So its hard to say.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
TBH if you're 3 healing I would prefer a class that can put out consistent damage as well aka disc or monk, since in my opinion, 3 healing is a bit overkill in 10 man normal.

<-- my guild 3 heals it too...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mistweavers due to the coverage you'll have with ReM are much stronger than druids.

Fistweaving is a lot more powerful in 10 mans.

The only thing druids have over monks is tranq

At the end of the day. You're trading a slightly better raid cd for potently 110k dps (even more when you aoe). Better tank healing with fistweaving (That does damage), infinite mana. For Tranq. Resto druids don't even outheal mw's in 10 man.

Overall monks are way better in 10 man.
Edited by Suplift on 10/15/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
But we suck for 25s :( I feel so pathetic in 25 man raids :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thats why I specifically mentioned 10m. I actually cant wait to get my legendary cloak & see what happens then...

I'm quite curious though suplift how a MW can pull 110k dps. The most I've been able to pull at 504 ilvl is 40-50k max. Is it that much of a difference between SoO norm/hc gear and 504?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The DPS legendary cloak is great for Fistweaving plus other stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Both are viable, though I would recommend a monk if your 3 healing. I would say monks are more versatile, such as on galakras where I can run up with the tower group and kill the adds alongside them. Or Norushen, I can finish my trial in 15-20 seconds by just killing the big add inside.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
3rd healer best be MW with fistweaving and dps caster legendary cloak. My guild 3 healing too (Shammy, druid and MW / druid, disp, pally/MW).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Honestly - I say play what you want to play. I raid on this toon in a guild that has me (disc) + Resto Druid + Mistweaver Monk for 10m.

I raid in another group that is Resto Druid (me) + Disc Priest + ?(Usually Holy Pally)

I also say play what YOU wish to play. I would never let anyone tell me what to play.

I have a monk healer, and I just can't get into it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It seriously isn't going to make a difference. Your guild doesn't look like it's doing bleeding edge content.

Play what you enjoy more and are better at.

Regardless of everything that Suplift is saying, very few people can play MW like he (presumably) can. It's a hard spec and most people suck at it. So unless you really think you can play the spec to its potential - and I question why you'd have to for flexes and normals - I don't think it's going to matter whether he's right or not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It seriously isn't going to make a difference. Your guild doesn't look like it's doing bleeding edge content.

Play what you enjoy more and are better at.

Regardless of everything that Suplift is saying, very few people can play MW like he (presumably) can. It's a hard spec and most people suck at it. So unless you really think you can play the spec to its potential - and I question why you'd have to for flexes and normals - I don't think it's going to matter whether he's right or not.

Agreed. MW is the hardest and the busiest healer if we want to play the best (use every GCD like playing dps class).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I suppose I didn't consider the whole 'mw being difficult to play thing'

I suppose rdruids would be better of the easiest front. Regardless, if you can manage ReM in 10 man, (Which is harder then people might think), you'll outheal druids in 10 man, while providing better tank healing + dps.

It's extremely hard to argue druids being stronger in a 10 man.
Edited by Suplift on 10/16/2013 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If a MW can:
1. RM on CD on ppl which don have RM buff
2. EH on CD
3. TFT+Uplift at right time
4. chi brew and uplift effectively
5. Fistweaving in low damage phase
6. Xuen at right time
7. Most importantly use every GCD with right spell

Then MW is better than rdruid in 10m. However, it is super hard to achieve that.

Rdruid tranq actually cannot compete with MW TFT+uplift+chi brew+uplift
However, TFT+Uplift+chi brew+uplift need very good planning, tranq don need, just hit the button when needed.

TFT+Uplift+chi brew+uplift heal >> tranq.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I mean, with good weakauras, it really isn't that hard to press buttons on cd. The hard part about 10 man mistweavers is ReM management. If you know how to transition out of tft with 6 ReM's instead of 2-5, then you can play 10 man mistweaver.

Also you're undervaluing how good fistweaving's output in 10 man. You can hard commit to fistweaving with new chi brew.
Edited by Suplift on 10/16/2013 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you know how to transition out of tft with 6 ReM's instead of 2-5, you're a good mw.

^^^ this. Make sure 6 ppl hv rm buff all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When integrate RM and fistweaving, RM management become harder if don wan to waste any GCD. We cannot simply hit RM, but must place on ppl who don hv RM buff. It is easily to waste 1 or 2 GCDs to find the ppl who don hv RM buff and place on him / her. Without FW, I can just mouseover to no rm ppl 1st (normally after 6 sec RM is placed on someone) and wait rm become available.
Edited by Xingling on 10/16/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea ReM management while fistweaving is pretty difficult in 10 man, I found it much easier to do in 25 man. (Due to having more people in the raid.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]