MW vs Resto druid (10m)

100 Pandaren Monk
25m healing is really hard esp in Thok stack healing. Need to spare chi to uplift instantly when AOE damage happen or will be healed by other healers which cause us heal nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Mistweavers due to the coverage you'll have with ReM are much stronger than druids.

Fistweaving is a lot more powerful in 10 mans.

The only thing druids have over monks is tranq

At the end of the day. You're trading a slightly better raid cd for potently 110k dps (even more when you aoe). Better tank healing with fistweaving (That does damage), infinite mana. For Tranq. Resto druids don't even outheal mw's in 10 man.

Overall monks are way better in 10 man.

I think that about wraps up the entire thread.

FW can be amazing. On Galakras it's is a joke. Keep statue down below and your damage up in the tower heals both parties, cleaving down below keeps everyone up fine. Spoils is about the same and you can just send an extra dps to the weaker of both sides.

Like most said though, slightly higher learning curve if you aren't used to using every single GCD 24/7/365. I don't even know what to do with myself on my Druid anymore. SO MUCH FREE TIME.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If a MW can:
1. RM on CD on ppl which don have RM buff
2. EH on CD
3. TFT+Uplift at right time
4. chi brew and uplift effectively
5. Fistweaving in low damage phase
6. Xuen at right time
7. Most importantly use every GCD with right spell

Then MW is better than rdruid in 10m. However, it is super hard to achieve that.

Rdruid tranq actually cannot compete with MW TFT+uplift+chi brew+uplift
However, TFT+Uplift+chi brew+uplift need very good planning, tranq don need, just hit the button when needed.

TFT+Uplift+chi brew+uplift heal >> tranq.

Awesome to see so many monks comment on this with insightful posts. I'm gonna stick to my monk unless it just becomes a serious issue for whatever reason (which it shouldn't). I have confidence in myself to do the above you stated except use xuen when needed. I haven't really used xuen as a MW since 5.04 and even then I was just trying it out and nothing was really better for 10m.

Again, thank you all =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Druids are better than monks in both settings unless you need monk's damage to kill the boss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Play what you want... 3 healing is overkill for most fights anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you enjoy your monk that's what you should be playing, anyway. :)

I usually 2 heal with a monk, sometimes 3 with the third being disc or shaman. We perform perfectly well together.

It might not be ideal, but for the common raid group, ideal is not required. xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Rdruid has highest throughput in 10man. Also a rdruid can control where his heals go which is alot more beneficial then you would think.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
My guild runs with me on my MW Phuumyn, a resto Druid, and a HPally for 3 heal fights and on 2 heals we go with no set pair and everything has worked great for us. On stacked fights the druid will be tops and on spread I will, but in general having so many hots going out makes for some great ease of dealing with fights where theres constant damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's extremely hard to argue druids being stronger in a 10 man.

My only point is that I don't think it's gonna make a difference. OP hasn't done normals, let alone content where every GCD counts.

Then again, he said he prefers his monk, so I guess my point is moot anyway =)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Rdruid has highest throughput in 10man

Absolutely not. MW is going to have the highest throughput in 10 mans. You many not get to see it since most ends up being overheal but on fights like Malk you can just how high it can get. MW definitely has it's issues what with little control, but it's still extremely stong.
Edited by Lumiair on 10/16/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Druids are indisputably stronger on the majority of fights in SOO 10m. If all you want is pure healing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Mistweavers aren't that hard...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Druids are better than monks in both settings unless you need monk's damage to kill the boss.

No they're not panda.

If you read anything I posted I talked about why that isn't true. lol

Rdruid has highest throughput in 10man. Also a rdruid can control where his heals go which is alot more beneficial then you would think.

Why would 'control' of what you heal matter for 10 man's

Mistweaver monks on average have 60-80% of the raid coveraged in ReM's, and have 100% raid coverage with TFT.

Also I think most of the people saying druids are stronger than monks in 10 mans, are 25 monks and 25 druids.

Pure healing does not matter in 10. Even if druids had a 5% edge pure healing wise (They don't, monks outheal druids on most encounters) That would not matter at all. What matters most in 10 man, is how much you can under heal, and how much dps you can bring.

While Druids are about as good underhealing things as a monk, they do not provide any dps. This is why everyone runs disc/monk as much as possible.

The only fight that pure healing matters for is thok, and i'm pretty sure monks only slightly weaker than druids, only because druids have tranq.
Edited by Suplift on 10/16/2013 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Gotta echo the "play what you want to" sentiment.

Equally skilled you aren't going to notice a difference worth re-rolling for. Both classes offer great raid heals with acceptable, but not optimal, tank healing.

Since this is a 3rd healing slot you'd be better off going with whichever one has a better dps set of gear and which you are most comfortable with, since you wont be healing every fight and will probably want to swap to a dps spec on some encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The only fight that pure healing matters for is thok, and i'm pretty sure monks only slightly weaker than druids, only because druids have tranq.

I seem to recall a capped thread about a certain ability that contradicts this statement entirely.

However, I still believe that druids > healing and monks > damage.

Though, I do have to agree with this for the most part:

10/16/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Suplift
What matters most in 10 man, is how much you can under heal, and how much dps you can bring.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/16/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Catakins

I seem to recall a capped thread about a certain ability that contradicts this statement entirely.

However, I still believe that druids > healing and monks > damage.

Though, I do have to agree with this for the most part:

10/16/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Suplift
What matters most in 10 man, is how much you can under heal, and how much dps you can bring.

What does this statement mean by 'under heal?'
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
On all parses and on top 100 Monks are 10-15% behind druids in healing on every fight except Immerseus and Malkorok. This could be monks spending more time contributing to dps than trying to all out heal, that druids are better than monks, there are more talented druids than monks or that every monk plays with a disc priest, etc.

Pure healing does not matter in 10. Even if druids had a 5% edge pure healing wise (They don't, monks outheal druids on most encounters) That would not matter at all. What matters most in 10 man, is how much you can under heal, and how much dps you can bring.
I did put in "unless you need the monk's damage" in my statement. Monks are definitely in a much better place in 10s than 25s though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Panda... this was a 10 man thread.

Everything I was talking about was of a 10 man pov.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I know. I'm basing everything off 10 man numbers.

edit: My one 10 vs 25 statement was just meant to say that monks aren't bad in 10s.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/16/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]