MW vs Resto druid (10m)

90 Undead Monk
When I get to do 10 man, I can destroy things - ReM upkeep in 10 man is a joke, so easy to keep 60%-100% of the raid rolling with ReM + Uplift, plus Xuen MW is just behind Disc in 10 man healing.

25 man is another story. In normals we have 2 disc priests lately, I have started to consider loading hearthstone on the other monitor and just auto attack heal. I feel so useless unless its Malkorok
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Quick question and sorry this is slightly off topic. For Xuen to heal with his damage you just have to have serpent statue up right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Quick question and sorry this is slightly off topic. For Xuen to heal with his damage you just have to have serpent statue up right?
Half of it comes from the statue and half from you. To maximize his healing you need to be within 20 yards of other people or else you'll just burn a lot of the healing on yourself.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/16/2013 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What does this statement mean by 'under heal?'

That's actually probably a poor phrase to use. What they mean is how few healers you can bring. Most fights in SoO seemed to be designed for 2 healing on 10 man, which means you can take 6 dps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also,

I seem to recall a capped thread about a certain ability that contradicts this statement entirely.

Thank you.

If monks are better than druids, and efflo needs to be nerfed, maybe we need to look at healer balance? (inb4 priests show up)
Edited by Cinnabuns on 10/16/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Efflo doesn't need to be nerfed.

That was an overreaction
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Efflo doesn't need to be nerfed.

That was an overreaction

An overreaction that a vast majority of the healing (forum) population was up in arms about for weeks - quite a few of whom still are.

However, I'll take the statement at face value and say: You heard it here first, folks.
Good day.
*bows*
Edited by Catakins on 10/16/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Although to be fair,

efflo was op on normals week
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Panda I have to agree that from experience a MW Monk is far better in 10man regardless of it's dmg.

Our ability to burst AoE heal is far stronger than a druid's whilst a druid's consistent heals are higher than ours. But as I have found the burst healing when needed is a far stronger thing to bring to a 10m raid esp. when Uplift is hitting so many out of the raid group.

And again that doesn't even take our dmg. into account which is far more valuable being that 10m can Always use more dmg. from anywhere it can get it. Always.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I'll concede, you guys did 10s longer than I did.
Reply Quote
I've found that as long as the fight doesn't strictly prevent stacking that shrooms can be pretty competitive for burst sniping. There is also gensis but I often feel that I am 1 gcd behind with it if I have not prepared beforehand. Overall I feel that druid have a slight edge over monks on most SoO fights if you do not take their dps contribution into account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]