Which Healing Class Feels "The Fastest"

90 Pandaren Monk
Hello,

So I have a question about your intuitions as a healer. Many of you have played a variety or healing classes (if not all) and I was curious your take on "how fast healers feel."

This is very much a play style question and I would be curious how you would rank healing class with regards to how fast they heal (after damage is done). Fast does not necessarily mean better.

Healers to rank:
disc priest
holy priest
resto shaman
resto druid
mistweaver monk
holy paladin

For example, from fast to slow, I think:

holy priest >= resto shaman > holy paladin > disc priest > mistweaver monk > resto druid

Now there's really no right or wrong answer, I'm just very curious how you all feel about each healing class's "feel." I'm interested in the general feel, both in single target and AoE situations. Admittedly I had PvE in mind, but feel free to consider PvP as well.

What are your thoughts? Which Healer is the fastest'slowest/in the middle and why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As disc, you really should be prepping *before* damage goes out. Disc isn't particularly well equipped to fill up the health bars, they focus on making sure that they don't go down all that much.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MW Monks for AoE imo are the fastest. As long as RnM is kept up properly on the raid Uplift is nothing but Snipelift.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Resto druid has great burst with genesis and mushroom pop, it just requires some planning. Disc is about making sure that less damage goes out in the first place and doesn't really have any "fast" healing tools. I'm also not sure if you're including 3min CDs in this, because Tranq, Revival, Divine Hymn and Healing Tide are all very good at getting health back up quickly. I'll just assume you mean apart from those.

[FAST] Monk > Shaman/Druid > Holy Priest > Holy Pally > Disc Priest [SLOW]
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Always felt the druid class were the flash healers but Mist weavers with their soothing mist instant cast combo seems to have taken the spot in my book as the flash healer spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SotF + Tranq for AoE, NS+HT (or Sage Mendered HT for those with the 2p) for single target, Shroom Boom for a tank that just got smacked, and Rejuve + Genesis for non-raid-wide damage. Granted, all of these have some sort of CD or prep work, but it is pretty easy to get people up fast as a druid when necessary. Yes, the vast majority of our healing comes from HoTs, or slow but steady mechanics, but we can burst when needed.

I have no idea where you are getting the "fast" for holy pallies from. Other than Lay on Hands, most of their spells have a fairly long cast time, or aren't "big" heals. Like Disc priests, they are better known as an absorb class right now, and much of their strength comes from smart usage of CDs and various Hands.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
At 30+% spell haste before SOTF, Druids feel pretty fast to me. My Shaman feels the clunkiest.
Reply Quote
Shamans are super awesome in quick "oh crap" moments. Like our Healing Tide Totem, Ascendence and Spirit Link Totem.

We constantly have certain AoE healing that is just one click of a button and heals for a butt load if your talents are set up correctly.

And when some heavy AoE damage is happening to the group, make sure you have CotE talent selected and spam the hell out of chain healing.

So in conclusion... Shamans>Monks>Priests>Druids>Pally
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I used to heal on this druid, and my haste build was very fast. It was fun too, but I will stick to balance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Revival is pretty fast.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Revival is pretty fast.

"It is instant."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
No other healer is able to heal at the speed of a tiger.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]