My friends going to blizz con

55 Draenei Death Knight
Anyone else ever went and know how you can get pick to be in the Lore Q & A line?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
You don't get picked. You just get in line, and it's first-come, first-served. You don't necessarily have to jump right up to the microphone as soon as the panel starts (they won't let you line up beforehand), but probably within the first 15 minutes is good if you want to be assured that you'll get a turn.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 10/15/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
I'm going to Blizzcon but I personally have nothing to ask them about. In fact as ironic as this sounds, as Blizzcon nears, the less interested in wow I'm becoming. If anyone wants me to ask anything while I'm there then go ahead> I might be able to make it into the line for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Basically get in line before everyone else and pray the guys in front of you don't ask long stupid questions.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Basically get in line before everyone else and pray the guys in front of you don't ask long stupid questions.
Lol just for that, I'm going to get in line and ask them what happened during the Third War.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
10/16/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Lol just for that, I'm going to get in line and ask them what happened during the Third War.
Heh, they'll probably just answer "play Warcraft 3."
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Death Knight
Lol bro,more lore on Antonidas and Aedelas because Antonidas and Aedelas.
Reply Quote
97 Orc Warrior
Ask them, will Bolvar show up again in lore.

probably wouldn't get answered. You pretty much have to avoid any potential future plot to get an answer

Also, from the schedule they appear to be lumping all the warcraft Q&A's into a single hour, so I have my doubts very many lore questions are going to be asked at all
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
They're doing a general Q&A on Saturday, but they're also doing a separate lore panel on Friday.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 10/18/2013 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I can't think of a question I would want to ask that they would be willing/able to answer.

"If whole races and cities can be forgotten for years at a time, why should we care about anything that happens, given that the consequences will get swept under the rug as soon as they're inconvenient?"

"Why aren't major lore figures regularly featured in new zones to give opportunities to develop their characters and storylines?"

"Have you considered writing a female character who isn't considered too emotional to be a good leader?"

"When will draenei be relevant again?"
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
10/18/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Harkanon
"Why aren't major lore figures regularly featured in new zones to give opportunities to develop their characters and storylines?"
Because the point of an MMO is for the focus to be on your character, not the NPCs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/18/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Because the point of an MMO is for the focus to be on your character, not the NPCs.

I fail to see how running around with a parade of 2D guest stars like Taoshi, Amber, Sully, Kang, or frakking Mudmug somehow makes my character more exciting than if I were hanging with Darius Crowley and Shandris Feathermoon on a regular basis. We're always going to have quest-givers and companion NPCs--we might be the heroes, but we don't get dialogue and this isn't a one-person show. My problem is that Blizzard fills all of the NPC roles with throwaways and then whines that they don't have the time and space to, for example, feature any relevant draenei or worgen for years at a time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tell them we will be watching. Do not disappoint us.

*spins chair around so the back is facing everyone*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to Blizzcon but I personally have nothing to ask them about. In fact as ironic as this sounds, as Blizzcon nears, the less interested in wow I'm becoming. If anyone wants me to ask anything while I'm there then go ahead> I might be able to make it into the line for it.
Ask them what the Whispering Forest is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I suppose my only question is what Genn and his family has been up to in both Cataclysm and MoP.

Wouldn't be surprised if they throw up their hands and say "we don't know."
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Ask them for the real world size of Azeroth , the contienent and if they can draw parallels to real world location so we have an actual idea of scale. My two friend already have my two question loaded up :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"If securing the docks wasn't part of whatever deal Varian made with Vol'jin, what was it?"
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
If I could attend and ask a question...

I'd ask "Are Demons enslaved to fight for Burning Legion due to fel magic addiction?"
Edited by Rotzz on 10/18/2013 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Death Knight
Since the Dragon Soul was taken away via Time Travel,The Second Wars Lore would be changed,Derek Proudmoore would be alive(KUL'TIRAS NEEDS YOU) and the Horde wouldnt control The Red Dragons,Therefore Day and Night of the Dragon has NEVER happened!

This is my Question!
Edited by Eliysa on 10/29/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]