Game Booster?

So, currently i use the Razer game booster; however since the last update it has not been boosting my performance like it should be. I used to get near 100 fps all the time, now i'm lucky to get a sustained 40! This really stinks, so i'm asking if there are any other game boosters or programs that generally do the same thing that are better than Razer?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't bother with game boosters. They really don't help that much. If you've got a custom built computer with modern parts, then I'd just overclock your things.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure that program would make a 60fps difference tbh..

What are your specs? What settings do you play on? Also.. what were your FPS like before starting to use the booster?

As far as I know all it does is turn off some background services in Windows, which frees up some memory and CPU overhead, to make up a few FPS and really will only scrounge a bit of performance of the lowest of low end PCs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I used to get near 100 fps all the time

The eye only sees 60 frames per second. The extra 40 was unnecessary anyway.

10/17/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Mogrik
now i'm lucky to get a sustained 40!

I'm lucky to get up to 30
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Averax

the human eye doesn't see in frames but it can definetly detect changes in frames per second and it is quite easy to tell the difference in smoothness between a 144hz monitor running 144fps and a 60hz monitor running 60fps. however, if he only had a 60hz monitor which is likely since he is using game booster it is wasted anyway as the monitor cannot display more than 60fps
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/19/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Averax

Wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
OP, we need your PC's specs and the settings you used to play on vs now.
Reply Quote
Ok, so how do I post my specs?(I'm a noob to this forum and the hardware component to computers/gaming) But, i played on good and now i play on the low option and that has helped my fps but it is a cut in the graphics and overall enjoyment of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]