oQueue is "In moderation" on Curse.

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
10/19/2013 02:01 AMPosted by Rhulad

People said that about the Gear Score addon too.

OQueue allows you to join Flex raids instantly even if you're on a dead server. Yes, without this addon alot of players would simply quit.

Tbh, this is functionality that should be in the game already. Least Blizzard can do is support this addon for now.

open raid does the same thing.
90 Orc Death Knight

OQueue allows you to join Flex raids instantly even if you're on a dead server. Yes, without this addon alot of players would simply quit.

Tbh, this is functionality that should be in the game already. Least Blizzard can do is support this addon for now.

They still have openraid and it has a better success rate for me than OQ anyway.
90 Human Warlock

They still have openraid and it has a better success rate for me than OQ anyway.

agreed I had nothing but good experiences with open raid and bad ones with OQ
The P2P mesh network is also very inefficient - a centralized server would be so much better - but there is no other way to do what oQueue does due to the limitations imposed on addons.

This is why Blizzard needs to get off their bum and build oQueue functionality into the client with a centralized server on their end to handle all the bookkeeping. It would save on so much unnecessary network traffic.
It already exists. It's called "Looking for Raid" or LFR.

The friends I have that use oQueue mostly hate it, but they feel not having it would be worse. They don't like that it changes their broadcasts messages and edits their friends' list. They don't like the chat spam. And they're rarely happy with the groups they get into as a result of using it but - it's better than not getting a group at all for raiding. I know a couple that have given up on OQ and gone back to LFR but the rest want to leave the option available.

It's not one that I ever intend to use myself.

I hate getting the (OQ) broadcast spam from my friends every time they switch toons. That's just intrusive for me from an add-on I'm not using. I can get similarly annoyed from the combat add-ons other players use that spam chat with info during combat, but at least it's usually helpful info.

The couple of times friends have invited me into oQueue formed groups have been total disasters, including an Ordos group where the realm balance shifted so much that we kept getting switched from realms where Ordos was up to where he wasn't to where he was already being killed by the other faction - with the last one being a PvP realm so everyone who had been waiting in the sanctuary already was killed by cleaves and AoE from the fight in progress.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they totally broke OQ if the author is going to keep pushing the boundaries of what is intrusive to the player base in general and what is allowed by Blizzard.

Blizzard does need to add something to help facilitate the creation of cross realm raid groups without requiring B-tags/RealID in advance. Even the new Connected Realms won't be much help in making it easier to form groups considering how hard it is to accomplish on current realms that are on the high end of medium pop, or even low end of high pop. I can see the problems they'd face in making an effective one but the game does need it.
oQueue largely misuses the built in game features.

It uses friends lists to as a route to invite people from other servers. The friends list was not intended for this kind of use, it was intended for...adding friends.

The "spam" is its way of finding who uses the mod in order to send messages. The names on your battletag/realID friends list are stored server side so that addons cannot see it, so it needs a marker to follow and there is no addon channel with battle.net messages. So instead, it sends a regular battletag/realID message to every person with the marker and those people relay it to everyone on their friends list and so on. This is also not intended use for this as the battle.net system is shared across 4 current games right now.
62 Tauren Death Knight
If Blizz breaks oQueue without implementing something akin of their own, I'm out.

I've had very good experiences with it. Never having an issue getting a run even at the wonkiest hours, ie: buttcrack of dawn EST, is a great plus as well.

As for Openraid, I play at very bad hours, so have had a terrible time finding suitable raids. I very seldom even check it anymore.

At this point, oQueue is the only thing allowing me to enjoy this game.
1 Undead Rogue
It already exists. It's called "Looking for Raid" or LFR.

But LFR(old one) was not cross-realms so it had limited use.

For most part it's just another long forgotten feature, like voice chat.

Given how long they take to roll things out, you would figure that they would do a good job. Even if it was a not so good job, that they would rework it until it's decent. But both voice chat and LFR(old one) was just left to rot ...
90 Draenei Paladin
10/19/2013 02:26 AMPosted by Taintedbeef
As for Openraid, I play at very bad hours, so have had a terrible time finding suitable raids. I very seldom even check it anymore.

I play very strange hours as well, and I've found I have more luck using the chat in open raid to find a group that needs me than signing up for planned groups on the site, which rarely run at times I'm available to raid.
Edited by Honorata on 10/19/2013 5:23 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
The main reason i stopped using it was because it spammed my friends list, filled it up with people i had never grouped with, talked to or did anything ever with. Then it spammed the ever living CRAP out of my chat, with NO WAY to turn the chat spam off. Yeah. No thanks.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
He doesnt, he asks for beer,

Its code for donations and is fine.

Addon authors cannot directly request donations. Even if its a code.

They can however, redirect to official website and ask for donation there.
The main reason i stopped using it was because it spammed my friends list, filled it up with people i had never grouped with, talked to or did anything ever with. Then it spammed the ever living CRAP out of my chat, with NO WAY to turn the chat spam off. Yeah. No thanks.
Yeah, you can easily turn all the "spam" off
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The mesh network breaks and interferes with a lot of the usability of battle.net

for example, I can't play wow, and hearthstone at the same time, because I get an endless scroll of gibberish redirected to my hearthstone battle.net chat which is otherwise silenced by the ingame oq addon in wow if I am only playing wow.

http://s9.postimg.org/5n96onsa7/image.jpg

To me, breaking hearthstone like this is unacceptable and the addon needs to be banned until this is fixed.

Unfortunately, last time I checked this is not fixable by the author.

The BN set broadcast command has a delay attached to it, so it can't be tied into Logout/Exit Game correctly.

Though... I wonder if it works if you used a dirty hook and a timer...
Edited by Simca on 10/19/2013 9:34 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
10/18/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Hina
So, the lesson here is don't make an add-on the violates the donation policies, even as a joke, and then pretend you're a victim? Got it.

But it is perfectly OK to have all of the add-ons on a website with adds, banners and even charge for a "premium" service for downloading the add-ons. THAT is perfectly OK.

Yep, makes a ton of sense.

Why... yes it is, see the last part of the official policy:

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.
Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.
90 Troll Mage
Oqueue is in moderation because Chaud is a child and is mad Tiny won't give him the code to make his own. He can say it's because it's poorly written, but I've seen worse add-ons on Curse.
90 Troll Priest

I blame the schools.

*eyeroll* I didn't say that it wasn't allowed, I am saying that it makes ZERO sense for Curse to profit off of oQ (and every other add-on on their website) but having a "beer" button is a no-no.

Yes, I know this is Blizzard policy, but the add-on makers get shafted whilst mega sites likes Curse reap the benefits of other people's work.

Whether you think the author of oQ has a temper, trolls, etc. the fact is that he created an add-on that a majority of the people who use it would not be able to comprehend making. Does he get any real thanks for bringing thousands of players together when they normally wouldn't be able to? At times, but mainly you get people like those in this thread who nitpick and name call without any regard as to how much time and effort goes into making said add-on.

Just this evening I got into a Flex 3 run and made groups for all four Celestials on an alt using oQ and I can assure that it would have been next to near impossible to have done so (at least for the Celestials) without the add-on.

A professional can carry on and not take it to personal.

Oh give me a freaking break...I know many a programer who has broken a keyboard or two when frustrated.

If you have such a bleeding heart, don't use Curse. Many of the more popular add-ons have their own websites, many which have donation options easily located. Same with many WoW sites, several of which I have happily donated to myself.

Add-on creators know the score going in. No one is twisting their arm, demanding they make an add-on. And, much like any Internet content (see YouTube), anyone with any experience knows you're gonna get flak for even the greatest of material. That doesn't give anyone a free pass to snap at negative comments anymore than you get a free pass to troll my posts (not suggesting that, just an example).
90 Pandaren Warrior
I don't use OQ. I have had bad experiences with the groups from there and much rather just spam trade. My trade pugs are better skilled and fill faster than OQ pugs (crazy I know). Plus I actually make friends on server.

Having said that, I don't hate on Oqueue. It has done something great and filled a MUCH NEEDED role in the game. If Blizzard does not create something similar to Oqueue (if they break it) then I would be very upset and begin to question their logic on the matter.
90 Troll Priest

That has been my rub since Flex hit PTR. I have nothing against Oqueue, or Openraid, I think they are great. What I hate with a passion is the fact that I have to use a third party software to get the full experience out of a game feature. Not only that, but a game feature Blizz deems important and a major part of end game. Oqueue/Openraid is great, but Blizz should have been on the ball enough that we never should have needed them to begin with.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]